Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BARRY TO DETROIT? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rocko23

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 02, 2007, 01:56:48 PM »

the Lions will change Barry before we changes the lions, trust me. the Detroit Lions rebuilding since 1957 ;D ;D ;D ;D

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 02, 2007, 02:13:15 PM »

Barry's a great coach and this gives him an excellent opportunity. My question is when will the assitant coaching carosuel end?

Tired of this shlt.

It's a curse as well as an honor to have assistants who are well thought of for more responsibility in the league...if we keep picking the best others will always come for them...just the way it is bro...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #17 : January 02, 2007, 02:15:20 PM »

My biggest concern is that we now have nobody to take over for Kiffen when he retires.  I know Kiffen likes young guys so he can groom/mold them, but I really think we've got to sign someone qualified and ready to take over the D in a few years when Kiffen hangs 'em up.

Hire Tony Dungy.  He may not be a head coach for much longer.  (sarcascm)

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #18 : January 02, 2007, 02:16:06 PM »

Well, who's the replacement?  Hopefully we can do our research and find someone good.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 02, 2007, 03:07:50 PM »

Lions | Barry to accept team's defensive coordinator position
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:47:00 -0800

Updating a previous item, Scott Reynolds, of the Pewter Report, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebackers coach Joe Barry will accept an offer to become the defensive coordinator of the Detroit Lions, according to sources close to the situation. Barry's contract with the Buccaneers expired at the end of the season, and it is believed he has already been offered the position by Lions head coach Rod Marinelli. Marinelli was interested in hiring Barry last season but was unable to with Barry still under contract with Tampa Bay.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 02, 2007, 03:16:46 PM »

Lions | Barry to accept team's defensive coordinator position
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:47:00 -0800

Updating a previous item, Scott Reynolds, of the Pewter Report, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebackers coach Joe Barry will accept an offer to become the defensive coordinator of the Detroit Lions, according to sources close to the situation. Barry's contract with the Buccaneers expired at the end of the season, and it is believed he has already been offered the position by Lions head coach Rod Marinelli. Marinelli was interested in hiring Barry last season but was unable to with Barry still under contract with Tampa Bay.

Ok, now that should kick the tale off the question mark...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 02, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »

Think the Bucs have it bad? How about Bill Cowher and the Steelers. Seemed they got raided for coaches almost every year for awhile. Definitely think the first year coaches had something to do with the defense.

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #22 : January 02, 2007, 03:33:14 PM »

The funny part is Matt Millen still has a job.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #23 : January 02, 2007, 05:36:53 PM »

My biggest concern is that we now have nobody to take over for Kiffen when he retires.
The biggest concern should be who Gruden can hire. As we saw in the last year of Tony Dungy, its tough to hire good coaches when the long term future of the regime is in question.  For all they know they could be out of a job after only one year.  We shall see, but its going to be tough.  Kiffin is the benefit, because he will always have a DC job somewhere, but he will have to tell people he isn't going to retire any time soon.

Getting quality coaches should be one of the bigger concerns for fans this offseason.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #24 : January 02, 2007, 05:38:43 PM »

The funny part is Matt Millen still has a job.
So does Muir...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 02, 2007, 06:50:03 PM »

Not a shocker.. but Barry went from the outhouse to right below the toilet.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 02, 2007, 07:07:11 PM »

Not a shocker.. but Barry went from the outhouse to right below the toilet.

Honestly I think the Lions were a better team than us this year (all records aside, of course).  Like us, they had a lot of injuries to overcome, but they really looked like they put it together there at the end.  I think Rod will have them turned around soon.

fessy

Second String

« #27 : January 02, 2007, 11:25:40 PM »

you would think teams would learn from FSU and not allow coaches to hire within their immediate family.  I know Barry is an in-law, but too many things could happen that would make the employer/employee relationship fall apart quickly.

with that being said, what about Hardy Nickerson for LB coach.  anything to get him out of the booth. 

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 03, 2007, 12:09:57 AM »

Mister Derrick Brooks for LB coach. He's played all three positions and nobody knows the system better than he does. DC when Monte hangs it up.

DISconect2

Rookie

« #29 : January 03, 2007, 04:19:59 AM »

I say we bring in Derick Watson's trainer EM, he could take over Barry's job no doubt about it. LOL

By the way where is Derek did he get picked up by anyone?
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BARRY TO DETROIT? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools