Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all Americans Voters « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 22, 2008, 05:16:46 PM

We're gonna get health insurance too. But you carry on now...
Hey like I said im all for it. But you and my ballx. Please stay away. Please.

kmitchell

Starter

#31 : October 22, 2008, 05:37:41 PM

Boom, these guys wouldn't admit they were full of sh!t if they were caught with a mouthful of it.

Question for ya Snake. Why are you voting for Obama? Can you give me 3 things in the past that he's done to warrant your vote?
I'll take the question.
1) He was against the Iraq war from the very beginning, unlike John McCain. Ending one of the stupidest wars in American history is very important to me.
2) American Opportunity Tax Credit. This will help me pay for my college since my parents haven't given me a dollar for it over the last 3 semesters. Working 100 hours of community service for $4,000 for college is equivalent to making $40/hr for school, and also helping your town at the same time.
3) Obama is a very intelligent person. He was the first African-American to be the President of Harvard Law Review, while McCain finished in the bottom 1 percentile of his class.

Almost all of the world leaders want Obama to win, they want America back to what we were prior to 9/11. We were the stabilizing force in the world, with a great reputation. We lost all of that with the Republican regime, along with almost 5,000 soldiers, 100,000+ civilians, $6 trillion more in national debt, and the Patriot Act. I see in no way how McCain will be any different than George Bush, besides being older, with a worse temper, and becoming senile. 

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 22, 2008, 05:52:43 PM

Boom, these guys wouldn't admit they were full of sh!t if they were caught with a mouthful of it.

Question for ya Snake. Why are you voting for Obama? Can you give me 3 things in the past that he's done to warrant your vote?
I'll take the question.
1) He was against the Iraq war from the very beginning, unlike John McCain. Ending one of the stupidest wars in American history is very important to me.
2) American Opportunity Tax Credit. This will help me pay for my college since my parents haven't given me a dollar for it over the last 3 semesters. Working 100 hours of community service for $4,000 for college is equivalent to making $40/hr for school, and also helping your town at the same time.
3) Obama is a very intelligent person. He was the first African-American to be the President of Harvard Law Review, while McCain finished in the bottom 1 percentile of his class.

Almost all of the world leaders want Obama to win, they want America back to what we were prior to 9/11. We were the stabilizing force in the world, with a great reputation. We lost all of that with the Republican regime, along with almost 5,000 soldiers, 100,000+ civilians, $6 trillion more in national debt, and the Patriot Act. I see in no way how McCain will be any different than George Bush, besides being older, with a worse temper, and becoming senile.

First of all GREAT points all. And if anything comes from this (for what its worth) you have gained my respect on here from here out out.
With that said. Your number 1 is a GREAT point. Your numbers 2 and 3 are loaps of faith....

2. He guarantee that the American Opportunity Tax Credit will happen. Its a talking point something to get you to vote for him for (and its working). Both canidates do it. The president does not have the power to do this alone. So hes talking out of the backside with this one.

3. Im really not going to touch that one (although reading your statement you sound like your saying he's intelligent for a black man). Point taken that he is Smarter then McCain. Agreed. 

Still nothing to do with how much of a proven leader he is. How he's voted for X Y Z.
My BIG problem with his is he has 0 experience none. People may say hes been a sentaor for 2 years. BUT hes been on the campaign trail for 1 and a half.
This man is popular for one thing. Speaking the dem national convention 4 years ago.  People will also vote for him being a "historical" figure.
All politics aside thats sad. He's not even qualified to run my company let alone the country.  But hey he gives great speeches.

To be honest, I blame America for putting these two up. Out of the millions of brilliant americans in this country these are the 2 people that you have
me choose from. Sad.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 22, 2008, 05:53:13 PM

I'm taking your ballz and going home
I want this as my sig......

kmitchell

Starter

#34 : October 22, 2008, 06:09:07 PM

At what point does intelligence overpower just sheer amount of years spent in a building? Obama spent 8 years in the Illinois Senate before going to the U.S. Senate. It's not like he is a complete beginner into the world of politics. This guy is popular for offering hope of something new. Looking at history, the world has had it's strings pulled by rich white men since the beginning of the Age of Imperialism. To have a black man become the leader of the most powerful nation in the history of the human civilization, it really throws off the status quo.

I would rather have a very intelligent president who can form his opinions with the help of advisors, than a dumb president who earns his credentials by sitting on a chair longer than Obama. If we wanted to vote for the most experienced Senator, we would be voting for Robert Byrd.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 22, 2008, 06:14:27 PM

At what point does intelligence overpower just sheer amount of years spent in a building? Obama spent 8 years in the Illinois Senate before going to the U.S. Senate. It's not like he is a complete beginner into the world of politics. This guy is popular for offering hope of something new. Looking at history, the world has had it's strings pulled by rich white men since the beginning of the Age of Imperialism. To have a black man become the leader of the most powerful nation in the history of the human civilization, it really throws off the status quo.

I would rather have a very intelligent president who can form his opinions with the help of advisors, than a dumb president who earns his credentials by sitting on a chair longer than Obama. If we wanted to vote for the most experienced Senator, we would be voting for Robert Byrd.
Really great stuff (no lie)
Let me ask you something.

What do you think about min. wage?

buckit

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 22, 2008, 06:16:08 PM

It has taken me this long, but here is why I'm voting Obama:

His tax plan will directly benefit MY social class.

I agree with his healthcare plan.

I agree that we need to sit down with ANY foreign leader that will speak with us BEFORE we rattle our saber.

I agree that we need to send a message to the rest of the world that free trade with America is a PRIVELAGE, and WE set the rules.

I love his composure under stress.

I agree with his notion that if Pakistan can not or will not go after terrorists in their country, then we will.

I truely believe he's the best man for the job.  

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 22, 2008, 06:16:52 PM

kmitch - all fine points except if  you look at his record in the state senate (voting record), look at his accomplishments (slim), and look at the body of work - the only reason he's getting considered is because the Republican brand is tarnished to say the least.

it's so bad on the right that a dude that hustles with Ayers, Wright, Pflegger, Farhakkan, Rezko, et al gets a hall pass - this is hardly a vote for obama as much as it is real and perceived hatred toward Bush.

anyone that thinks the media doesn't get a check in the assist column is snortin' fairy dust.  hope he's not what he's been and is what he's produced on short order.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 22, 2008, 06:18:21 PM

I agree that we need to sit down with ANY foreign leader that will speak with us BEFORE we rattle our saber.
What do you mean by this???

kmitchell

Starter

#39 : October 22, 2008, 06:22:23 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I work at a restaurant, so min. wage ($8/hr) really just helps me pay off the taxes I owe on my tips, with about $300/month left for bills. I haven't worked for minimum wage here since I was 17. However, a private security guard that works in our complex gets $8/hr and lives on his own. He makes $64/ a day, and has to pay for rent, food, clothes, power, etc. I feel that the federal minimum wage should be raised to at least $10/hr. $64 a day is an unfair way of living life, and there is always a demand for minimum wage jobs that teenagers can't fill by themselves. The argument against raising minimum wage is that it will force companies to lay off workers, but there is a huge demand in cities for these entry level jobs.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 22, 2008, 06:29:54 PM

Obama spent 8 years in the Illinois Senate before going to the U.S. Senate.

What good things did Senator Obama accomplish for the great state of Illinois during that period?

kmitchell

Starter

#41 : October 22, 2008, 06:33:15 PM

What great things did McCain achieve in the US Senate? Voting for the Iraq War helped our nation a lot.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 22, 2008, 06:37:34 PM

What great things did McCain achieve in the US Senate? Voting for the Iraq War helped our nation a lot.

That's called deflection, sir.  I didn't vote for McCain, so I don't need to defend him.

Answer the question at hand regarding the candidate of change in Senator Obama:  What good things did Senator Obama accomplish for the great state of Illinois during that 8-year period?

If you can't, admit it.  If there aren't any, admit it.

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 22, 2008, 06:47:43 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I work at a restaurant, so min. wage ($8/hr) really just helps me pay off the taxes I owe on my tips, with about $300/month left for bills. I haven't worked for minimum wage here since I was 17. However, a private security guard that works in our complex gets $8/hr and lives on his own. He makes $64/ a day, and has to pay for rent, food, clothes, power, etc. I feel that the federal minimum wage should be raised to at least $10/hr. $64 a day is an unfair way of living life, and there is always a demand for minimum wage jobs that teenagers can't fill by themselves. The argument against raising minimum wage is that it will force companies to lay off workers, but there is a huge demand in cities for these entry level jobs.

Really quick, so how is an extra 2 bucks going to make a difference? Your comparing 64 to 80 thats a $16 a day difference. You may be of the every little bit helps mentality and you may be right but in the long run? And here's the key. At what expense, on the macro level? Your a college student and I respect you 1000%
im 29 years old and had it not been for the military and the GI bill I dont think I would have achieved my 4 year let alone my masters. But thats niether here nor there.
Look from a companies perspective. 8 bucks to 10 bucks. Thats a 20% raise in overhead costs not just for one employee but across the min wage board.
Do you honestly think a company is going to take that 20% hit?? No. The solution, charge more. If they are in transpertations, charge more for the freight, if they are in
services charge more for the service, products, etc. Even your security guard friends company is going to charge the complex more for his services. Then they in response charge more to the public. Its a never ending cycle. Sooner rather then later his bills ARE going to go up and on a percentage basis. He is going to be paying
out the same AND so are we.

My point in asking you the questions was that IMO the fundamental difference between the two parties as I see it. Is that very basic question.
To me, if a person is 25+ making min wage. The problem is there! Thats the problem. At that point in your life you should have invested in your life better
to have some sort of quality skill set. And for those that don't. Well there's the issue. People are no longer held accountable for thier own actions. They want
the government to help them live thier lives. The irony of the situation is those are the SAME people that cry when that same government tries to impead on thier
privacy.  "They government needs to step in and help me!" "The governement needs to stay out of my life".
The problem with min wage is its not meant for an adult to live off of IMO. Kids in highschool, just into of college like yourself will benefit from the work.
But to support a family on that. It was not meant for that. If your 30 years old making min wage. The problem is there.

pewtergod

Second String

#44 : October 22, 2008, 07:09:06 PM

pewtergod - no more stupid than you look with every keystroke. why don't you and worm, snake, Karen, or whatever get a room...
You and White Tiger need to spoon.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: To all Americans Voters « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools