Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raiders looking to trade down?? « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: January 02, 2007, 06:28:04 PM

Raiders | Considering draft options with No. 1 pick
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 14:42:29 -0800

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Oakland Raiders, who have the first overall pick in the 2007 NFL Draft, may not take Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn. The team may opt to try and trade down in the draft instead.

I hope it's not us on the other end of that trade...

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 02, 2007, 06:40:06 PM

I have heard rumors of Atl. possibly trading up for CJ.

bucshot224

Second String

#2 : January 02, 2007, 10:38:43 PM

Dear God........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stand For Something or Fall For Anything

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 02, 2007, 10:50:59 PM

Dear God........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax, it's McKay. He couldn't draft a Wide Reciever to save his life. He'll probably trade up and draft Jarrett.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 02, 2007, 10:56:29 PM

They mentioned in the same report that Det. and TB were also looking to trade down to the early-mid first round and draft Russell...and so were the Raiders.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 03, 2007, 01:04:55 AM

They mentioned in the same report that Det. and TB were also looking to trade down to the early-mid first round and draft Russell...and so were the Raiders.

Well if everyone knows that everyone is trying to trade down to draft Russell, then someone's just going to have to take him where they are.  Besides, speculation on moving for specific players is way too early at this juncture.

#6 : January 03, 2007, 01:08:07 AM

Russell hasn't even elected to go pro yet has he?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 03, 2007, 01:13:18 AM

I'm pretty sure that by the time the draft arrives every single team will have been rumored to be interested in trading down, trading up, trading away players, being interested in pretty much every single player entering the draft, opposed to taking certain players in the draft, and any other angle the media can come up with to make the draft as dramatic as possible.

Besides, during this time of year the media serves no other purpose than an outlet for coaches and GM's to use to blow as much spoke as possible. Many of these stories are there for one reason, a team wanted it to be there.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 03, 2007, 01:38:00 AM

happens every year, everybody at #1 wants to trade down, but only at an exorbitant price, so almost nobody does. and those who do trade up (vick, ricky williams) rarely get what they bargained for

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 03, 2007, 10:07:01 AM

Even if Atlanta drafts Calvin Johnson they still need a QB to throw him the ball and Vick could not hit the side of the Bay let alone an open WR.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 03, 2007, 10:14:27 AM

Trade up trade down. fasten your seat belts as the rumors will fly for the next 4 months

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 03, 2007, 10:18:40 AM

At least the "trade down" stuff has some crediblity since the top of this year's draft is stacked as opposed to the Alex Smith year when no one wanted to be at the top of the heap.

The very reason it is credible to try and trade down is the very reason you don't want to trade down, the top of the draft is stacked.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raiders looking to trade down?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools