Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amobi Okoye is a beast « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: January 02, 2007, 08:54:33 PM

At 19 years old with his size and speed he could become one hell of a dominant NFL player.  I wouldn't mind trading down for extra picks and take this kid.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 02, 2007, 08:55:18 PM

Best inside lineman I seen in the past few days

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 02, 2007, 08:55:44 PM

He is actually in Mel Kipers top 5.

#3 : January 02, 2007, 08:56:23 PM

I really like this guy. He might be a perfect fit for us.

#4 : January 02, 2007, 08:56:57 PM

He is actually in Mel Kipers top 5.

With his age, intelligence and physical attributes I think he will fly up the boards.

#5 : January 02, 2007, 08:58:00 PM

I really like this guy. He might be a perfect fit for us.

And to think he could easily play 15 years in the NFL, and he would be in his prime for close to ten years :o

acacius

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 02, 2007, 09:08:06 PM

Yeah.  I read somewhere (not here, I think) that he was a run-stuffing DT, but his burst is looking pretty darned good so far in this game to me.  I'd love if he were there with our number 2 pick, but I don't think it'll happen, unfortunately.

#7 : January 02, 2007, 09:10:57 PM

I'd love if he were there with our number 2 pick, but I don't think it'll happen, unfortunately.

Most boards have him mid-late 1st but he will rise after the combine.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked in the top ten.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 02, 2007, 10:37:48 PM

I am not sure a guy this young is ready for the NFL, despite all the Kiperisms.

I have watched three Louisville games, and never was impressed with the guy...

GOod story though.

PoorRichard

Starter

#9 : January 03, 2007, 12:05:10 AM

Trading down and coming away with impact defensive players is exactly what this team should do. Bring Sapp back and rotate him with a 20 year old beast that realistically is 2-3 years away from reaching his potential as an every down player  and team leader would be a solid plan.

#10 : January 03, 2007, 09:23:46 AM

I am not sure a guy this young is ready for the NFL, despite all the Kiperisms.

I have watched three Louisville games, and never was impressed with the guy...

GOod story though.

I like him, but I think he's probably 20-30 pounds over weight for the type of player we want him to be.  We want interior rush, that's why I like Glenn Dorsey.  Okoye hasn't shown the pass rush I want from that position.  Not a horrible knock, because it's rare, but...I hope Dorsey is on our team!

Shag

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 03, 2007, 09:45:46 AM

We need a pass rushing DT, not another Hovan. I will say that Akoye could develop into one, but he's got to show some kind of potential in that area.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : January 03, 2007, 09:50:06 AM

At 19 you have to admit that he has a ton of upside, I mean his body hasn't even finished growing at this point. That being said, I don't think he'd be the immediate impact that we need on defense to warrant a first round selection. If he indeed did fall to the second, I'd snatch him and use him in rotation.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 03, 2007, 03:31:47 PM

He is what you want your UT to be. Its too bad we are not in a favorable position to take him, being in the top 4 and all. As I said, I live here in Louisville and this kid is just a great guy and an unreal talent. He will be a top flight DT in the NFL.

Baghead #2

#14 : January 03, 2007, 03:43:48 PM

He is what you want your UT to be. Its too bad we are not in a favorable position to take him, being in the top 4 and all. As I said, I live here in Louisville and this kid is just a great guy and an unreal talent. He will be a top flight DT in the NFL.

The problem with Okoye, as I see it, is that he's already 6'1", 320 lbs. and he's still growing.  He's not going to be the type of player we want at that position, IMO.  In two years, when he's 6'3", 345 lbs., we have a player that no longer works for us.

Just a thought...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Amobi Okoye is a beast « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools