Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Bucs take a chance on this guy? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 03, 2007, 04:05:13 PM

He can....just saying he didn't.

He's only been in the league 2 years.  It took Pittman a lot longer than that to change.  I'd take him in a second and treat him like we did Russell.  You screw up you're gone. 

#16 : January 03, 2007, 04:06:45 PM

He can....just saying he didn't.

He's only been in the league 2 years. It took Pittman a lot longer than that to change. I'd take him in a second and treat him like we did Russell. You screw up you're gone.
That's possible...though let's hope Odell doesn't take the same path as D-Russ.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 03, 2007, 04:11:25 PM

from the article:
Thurman was a second-round draft pick in 2005 and started 15 games as a rookie. He led the team in tackles, tied for the lead in forced fumbles, and had five interceptions, the most by any rookie in the NFL.

the bucs won't jump on him, but if he's still floating around without a team in may, i can see us bringing him to camp. it won't come to that though, some team will snap him up pretty quickly.

the kid would really solidify us on the strong side - he played MLB, but ruud definitely strikes me as a more respectable leader, and i wouldn't mind seeing thurman in coverage on a TE.

with a missed drug test and a DUI (thanks to superstar chris henry puking out the window IIRC), he's by far not the worst apple in cincy, and i think if he were the only guy screwing up on the team they'd stick with him.  as it is, he's being made an example of as part of marvin lewis rehabilitating his team's image.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 03, 2007, 04:21:35 PM

from the article:
Thurman was a second-round draft pick in 2005 and started 15 games as a rookie. He led the team in tackles, tied for the lead in forced fumbles, and had five interceptions, the most by any rookie in the NFL.

the bucs won't jump on him, but if he's still floating around without a team in may, i can see us bringing him to camp. it won't come to that though, some team will snap him up pretty quickly.

the kid would really solidify us on the strong side - he played MLB, but ruud definitely strikes me as a more respectable leader, and i wouldn't mind seeing thurman in coverage on a TE.

with a missed drug test and a DUI (thanks to superstar chris henry puking out the window IIRC), he's by far not the worst apple in cincy, and i think if he were the only guy screwing up on the team they'd stick with him. as it is, he's being made an example of as part of marvin lewis rehabilitating his team's image.

I think the last paragraph of your post sums it up pretty well. If as a coach you are going to send a strong message to your team, who better to choose than a recent 2nd rounder who was clearly on his way to pro bowl status? Marvin's players would then know that nobody is untouchable. If all he did was miss a test and get a DUI, like others have stated, I say bring him in, he obviously has great potential and is still very young.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 03, 2007, 04:25:17 PM

with a missed drug test and a DUI (thanks to superstar chris henry puking out the window IIRC), he's by far not the worst apple in cincy, and i think if he were the only guy screwing up on the team they'd stick with him. as it is, he's being made an example of as part of marvin lewis rehabilitating his team's image.

I think the last paragraph of your post sums it up pretty well. If as a coach you are going to send a strong message to your team, who better to choose than a recent 2nd rounder who was clearly on his way to pro bowl status? Marvin's players would then know that nobody is untouchable. If all he did was miss a test and get a DUI, like others have stated, I say bring him in, he obviously has great potential and is still very young.

i'd actually choose the 4th-string TE who's only active 5 games a year, but that's just me...i think the big thing is they were forced to learn to get along without him, and combined with the very damning league suspension that makes him easier to get rid of than a chris henry, whose absence was a surprisingly big factor in their midseason offensive doldrums.

Max Power

Starter

#20 : January 03, 2007, 06:35:00 PM

I've heard once here and once from a friend who lives in Cincinnati that Thurman is a crystal meth addict and hasn't been able to quit. There's times when you give guys second chances and theres times when you don't. IMO giving this guy a chance is bad news waiting to happen.

Footballer

Rookie

#21 : January 04, 2007, 02:50:48 AM

Ya know, I don't think that what he did was THAT unforgivable. Also, people can change. BUT! If hes really a meth-head, then hes not worth messing with.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could Bucs take a chance on this guy? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools