Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rumors have Dungy interested in Minnesota Golden Gophers job « previous next »
Page: 1

: January 03, 2007, 09:42:51 AM

http://www.protrade.com/content/DisplayArticle.html?sp=Sb8d7df1c-9ad8-11db-8bf3-1b081f21459d

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 03, 2007, 09:44:39 AM

no validity at all but fun none the less.

#2 : January 03, 2007, 09:46:23 AM

no validity at all.... 

Until he gets a 1st rd exit this weekend. The pressure on he and Manning has gotta be tremendous.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 03, 2007, 09:53:17 AM

I'm sure they'll get blasted but if Dungy gets canned I would think he'd go into hibernation for a little while. Also pretty sure "I'm not a college coach, never have been" leaves any doubt. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 03, 2007, 09:59:20 AM

I can see tony doing well in the college game. He's got a lot of street cred as a recruiter, his demeanor and image will help him as a recruiter when he walks into a living room.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 03, 2007, 10:00:18 AM

How long does dungy get in Indy if they continue to fail just like his Buc teams did?  The reason why he was let go here was because he couldn't take a good team over the edge.  The Indy owners have to be looking at this situation and wondering if another coach could do for them what another coach did for us.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 03, 2007, 10:57:55 AM

I doubt he goes anywhere, but stranger things have happened...

#7 : January 03, 2007, 11:02:58 AM

The most disturbing thing about the Colts right now is that the Colts are the 7th worst rush defense OF ALL TIME this year.  He has not made any difference in their Defense.  They need to turn Manning into more of a Tom Brady type.  A guy who is not surrounded with crazy talent, but gets it done because he's a great QB.  Then, they can spend some money on the other side of the ball.

I do think that next year, Dungy will be inching his way towards the hot seat, especially if the Colts have an off year, which I predict.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 03, 2007, 01:04:07 PM

Colts | Dungy staying put
Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:12:41 -0800

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy is not interested in becoming the head coach at his alma mater, the University of Minnesota. "I'm not a college coach, never been a college coach,'' Dungy said. "I think it's more just the name recognition and the fact I'm an alum. "I'm flattered, but not interested. Very flattered."

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 03, 2007, 03:16:30 PM

What would you expect him to say when his team is in the playoffs?  I love the gophers and I can not wait till the season is over so I can go coach there?  Saban denied and denied and lookl where he is at now.  A coach will never say he is leaving during the season.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 03, 2007, 03:20:42 PM

Mora blabbed in season and look where he is now...

I think Dungy will be in the hot seat again soon. The Colts can't be a good team forever and their window is closing. He needs to help them get over the hump. We'll see what happens this weekend, but I don't see them in the big game this year... not by any streatch

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

nickerson56

Starter
#11 : January 03, 2007, 04:09:41 PM

As a long suffering alumnus, I can only pray there is some truth to this.  On a side note, I think Minnesota made a mistake firing Mason.  Although the Gophers only play in December bowls, I'll take that over no bowl any day.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rumors have Dungy interested in Minnesota Golden Gophers job « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools