Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well Looky, Looky!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#15 : January 04, 2007, 09:41:21 AM

Congrats to Vince Young and Jeff Fisher.  Future looks better for the Titans.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 04, 2007, 10:03:13 AM

Congrats to Vince Young and Jeff Fisher. Future looks better for the Titans.

so go be a Titan fan, please.

IMO Vince shouldn't have come close to winning ROY. Colston, Bush, Wimbley are a few that had pretty big years for rookies. Vince's stats are laughable.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#17 : January 04, 2007, 11:11:09 AM

I'm not sold on Young yet. As a leader, yes. As a QB - no.

Let's remember how many of those games were won by either Pacman's kickoff returns, defensive turnovers or the #2 rushing attack in the NFL. ESPN Bobbleheads were up in praise for his "victory" against Jacksonville. The Victorious Young was 8 for 15 for 85 yards and 0 Td's. Young is this year's version of Ben Roethlisberger. If he throws 25+ passes, he's not great. He threw 35 against the Giants and they did win. But lets be perfectly honest, the game is over if not for Matthias Kiwanuka trying to adhere to to the NFL's new "can't breathe on the QB too hard" rule. Any reasonable official should have ruled that hit down by contact as Kiwi obviously let go trying to avoid the penalty (had he finished the hit, he would have been flagged for Roughing the Passer). THe other game - he threw 29 passes in an overtime comeback victory against the HOUSTON TEXANS - that basically counts as a draw. And the 3rd - the loss to the Pats.

Let him show me an ability to make plays with his arm before I annoit him to greatness.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 04, 2007, 11:18:09 AM

I am glad Gruden is still the Bucs head coach.  He can draft the rookie of the year this year in his draft...

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 04, 2007, 11:30:43 AM

I think Marques Colston should have won it.  VY had more INTs than TD's thrown.  But, we should all thank VY.  it's because of him that Jemarcus Russel will be a guarantee top 3.  GM's don't want to miss on the next VY.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 04, 2007, 11:31:05 AM

Thanks we'd have never known any of that if you hadn't told us...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#21 : January 04, 2007, 12:19:26 PM

I think Marques Colston should have won it. VY had more INTs than TD's thrown. But, we should all thank VY. it's because of him that Jemarcus Russel will be a guarantee top 3. GM's don't want to miss on the next VY.

This is probably what will shake up draft boards once thecombine is over.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 04, 2007, 12:28:49 PM

BucsGuru, I can not believe that you have a PI membership and still dont understand why this team is where its at.  Young had a good season but if it wasn't for his name he never would have won the award.  Colston should have got the award and there is no denying that.  The guy was the main reciever on a playoff team and the NFL picks a QB with simi-good stats on a team that didn't make the playoffs, thats BS.  The guy will be good but he was NOT the rookie of the year this season he was just the highest pick to do any good.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 04, 2007, 07:13:29 PM

IMO Vince shouldn't have come close to winning ROY. Colston, Bush, Wimbley are a few that had pretty big years for rookies. Vince's stats are laughable.

I do pull for the Titans during the regular season, NEVER against the Bucs.  Well, obviously the rest of world and the NFL doesn't really care about your opinion, because Young won.  The stats that don't show up on paper are what won him the award.  He had three game winning touchdowns alone this season!?  Need I say more. 

#24 : January 04, 2007, 08:17:10 PM

I do pull for the Titans during the regular season, NEVER against the Bucs. Well, obviously the rest of world and the NFL doesn't really care about your opinion, because Young won. The stats that don't show up on paper are what won him the award. He had three game winning touchdowns alone this season!? Need I say more.
Oh doctor, the irony!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well Looky, Looky!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools