Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS SIGN KR-PR OWENS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 03, 2007, 09:40:08 PM »

Well at least we found a player smaller than Mark Jones.....

"Owens starred mostly in the preseason in Jacksonville and appeared in only five games, one as a rookie in 2005 in which he muffed three punts and returned three punts for six yards, and four contests in 2006 in which he fair caught five punts and returned nine punts for 56 yards (6.2 avg.). He spent considerable time on the practice squad in Jacksonville in both 2005 and 2006."

WOW! This FA is off to a great start??!!

Dude. It's January 3rd. What exactly were you expecting?

HOW ABOUT SOME COMMON SENSE??!!

You know absolutely nothing about this player other than what you read in this one paragraph, get a grip. I'm sure it was a real lucrative contract this guy got too.

You're right about that.  However, I tend to put a lot of faith in Dalbucs information, especially since his track record shows him to be right on the money the majority of the time.
But hey, who knows, he could be wrong this time.  I just thought with ALL of that cap space we would be bringing in PROVEN talent, not RISKY talent.  If Del Rio couldn't get anything out of him, what makes anyone think Gruden can?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 03, 2007, 09:40:36 PM »

This is the time of year when non-playoff teams sign a bunch of street guys in the hopes that one of them sticks.  Several other teams have made multiple signings a few days ago.  I'm surprised it's taken us this long, but it's possible that there have been some signings that haven't been reported yet.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 03, 2007, 09:42:34 PM »

You're right about that.  However, I tend to put a lot of faith in Dalbucs information, especially since his track record shows him to be right on the money the majority of the time.
But hey, who knows, he could be wrong this time.  I just thought with ALL of that cap space we would be bringing in PROVEN talent, not RISKY talent.  If Del Rio couldn't get anything out of him, what makes anyone think Gruden can?

I don't particularly.  But I DO think that thanks to the Rule of 51, Gruden can sign all of these sorts of guys that he cares to without it being cause to rage.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 03, 2007, 09:43:46 PM »

"Owens starred mostly in the preseason in Jacksonville and appeared in only five games, one as a rookie in 2005 in which he muffed three punts and returned three punts for six yards, and four contests in 2006 in which he fair caught five punts and returned nine punts for 56 yards (6.2 avg.). He spent considerable time on the practice squad in Jacksonville in both 2005 and 2006."

You know absolutely nothing about this player other than what you read in this one paragraph, get a grip. I'm sure it was a real lucrative contract this guy got too.

You're right about that. However, I tend to put a lot of faith in Dalbucs information, especially since his track record shows him to be right on the money the majority of the time.
But hey, who knows, he could be wrong this time. I just thought with ALL of that cap space we would be bringing in PROVEN talent, not RISKY talent. If Del Rio couldn't get anything out of him, what makes anyone think Gruden can?

AKA Dalbuc shares your same hatred for Gruden. Just thought I'd clear that up.

« #19 : January 03, 2007, 09:44:49 PM »

You're right about that. However, I tend to put a lot of faith in Dalbucs information, especially since his track record shows him to be right on the money the majority of the time.
But hey, who knows, he could be wrong this time. I just thought with ALL of that cap space we would be bringing in PROVEN talent, not RISKY talent. If Del Rio couldn't get anything out of him, what makes anyone think Gruden can?
Why don't you have a mind of your own and form an opinion yourself for a change of pace?

« #20 : January 03, 2007, 09:51:46 PM »

Dalista...think for yourself....

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #21 : January 03, 2007, 09:57:57 PM »

Why is it hate when someone thinks or calls for change??  How about respecting someones opinion every once in a while.  Many of you would fit very nicely in a communist society.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #22 : January 03, 2007, 09:59:38 PM »

Why is it hate when someone thinks or calls for change??  How about respecting someones opinion every once in a while.  Many of you would fit very nicely in a communist society.

Your opinion might be respected a bit more if it weren't for the intensity and consistency of your histrionics.

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 03, 2007, 10:02:54 PM »

Why is it hate when someone thinks or calls for change?? How about respecting someones opinion every once in a while. Many of you would fit very nicely in a communist society.

Calling for change is fine except when you are doing so with absolutely no argument while also ignoring facts that led to where we are. I couldn't care less if you like Gruden or not as a person, but it annoys me when people blab about wanting him fired and acting as though our record last year had nothign to do with the situation he walked into and everything to do with his coaching ability. The way I see it, you all are complaining as if the type of offseason we are about to have as far as having the resources to get better is the type of offseason Gruden has been blowing all along. When we all know that isn't remotely true.

« #24 : January 03, 2007, 10:03:12 PM »

Why is it hate when someone thinks or calls for change?? How about respecting someones opinion every once in a while. Many of you would fit very nicely in a communist society.
Yours in a dictatorship, FIRE GRUDEN, FIRE GRUDEN, FIRE GRUDEN...

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #25 : January 03, 2007, 10:04:51 PM »

Somebody give Guru a Xanax. Jeez.

In Verner We Trust

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #26 : January 03, 2007, 10:09:35 PM »

Calling for change is fine except when you are doing so with absolutely no argument while also ignoring facts that led to where we are. I couldn't care less if you like Gruden or not as a person, but it annoys me when people blab about wanting him fired and acting as though our record last year had nothign to do with the situation he walked into and everything to do with his coaching ability. The way I see it, you all are complaining as if the type of offseason we are about to have as far as having the resources to get better is the type of offseason Gruden has been blowing all along. When we all know that isn't remotely true.

Escobar, I couldn't agree more about last year.  I thought that last year Gruden did his best job of coaching since he became a head coach.  He took a situation that was bad in Griese and turned it into a positive with Simms.  How?  By conforming to the talent around him, especially the QB, and playing to his strengths.  But then he showed just how bad of an evaluator and planner he is by unleashing HIS system on Simms, whether it fit Simms or not (the true reason for so many batted balls), and not bringing in a healthy back up veteran QB that at least could fill in other than Rattaty. 

escobar

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 03, 2007, 10:12:18 PM »

Escobar, I couldn't agree more about last year. I thought that last year Gruden did his best job of coaching since he became a head coach. He took a situation that was bad in Griese and turned it into a positive with Simms. How? By conforming to the talent around him, especially the QB, and playing to his strengths. But then he showed just how bad of an evaluator and planner he is by unleashing HIS system on Simms, whether it fit Simms or not (the true reason for so many batted balls), and not bringing in a healthy back up veteran QB that at least could fill in other than Rattaty.

By last year I meant the season that just ended.

« #28 : January 03, 2007, 10:17:04 PM »

Escobar, I couldn't agree more about last year. I thought that last year Gruden did his best job of coaching since he became a head coach. He took a situation that was bad in Griese and turned it into a positive with Simms. How? By conforming to the talent around him, especially the QB, and playing to his strengths. But then he showed just how bad of an evaluator and planner he is by unleashing HIS system on Simms, whether it fit Simms or not (the true reason for so many batted balls), and not bringing in a healthy back up veteran QB that at least could fill in other than Rattaty.

By last year I meant the season that just ended.
'Grabs popcorn'

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #29 : January 03, 2007, 10:31:24 PM »

It was clever to leave out Chad in your title, SR.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS SIGN KR-PR OWENS « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools