Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS SIGN KR-PR OWENS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : January 03, 2007, 10:33:42 PM

Well at least we found a player smaller than Mark Jones.....

"Owens starred mostly in the preseason in Jacksonville and appeared in only five games, one as a rookie in 2005 in which he muffed three punts and returned three punts for six yards, and four contests in 2006 in which he fair caught five punts and returned nine punts for 56 yards (6.2 avg.). He spent considerable time on the practice squad in Jacksonville in both 2005 and 2006."

WOW! This FA is off to a great start??!!

Dude. It's January 3rd. What exactly were you expecting?

HOW ABOUT SOME COMMON SENSE??!!

You know absolutely nothing about this player other than what you read in this one paragraph, get a grip. I'm sure it was a real lucrative contract this guy got too.

You're right about that. However, I tend to put a lot of faith in Dalbucs information, especially since his track record shows him to be right on the money the majority of the time.
But hey, who knows, he could be wrong this time. I just thought with ALL of that cap space we would be bringing in PROVEN talent, not RISKY talent. If Del Rio couldn't get anything out of him, what makes anyone think Gruden can?
Free agency hasn't actually started....you do realize this, right? Also most of this board is opinion, so I guess if you don't always agree with Dal, you're wrong?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 03, 2007, 11:04:01 PM

Owens is worth a look.  But I am not sold that it is enough to improve the return game. 

Generic Username

Practice Squad

#32 : January 03, 2007, 11:10:42 PM

Wow!  We are instant contenders.

Another scrap heap signing.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 03, 2007, 11:15:02 PM

Exactly Norton.

He brings nothing to the table, except some word of mouth from one coach to another...

Generic Username

Practice Squad

#34 : January 03, 2007, 11:19:32 PM

Yeah, Boid... I thought we HAD money.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 04, 2007, 12:50:37 AM

Guy was a baller at Hawaii lets see how he does this offseason.

Footballer

Rookie

#36 : January 04, 2007, 03:31:22 AM

Exactly Norton.

He brings nothing to the table, except some word of mouth from one coach to another...

The man is fast, we need some speed on the team. Its a move in the right direction.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 04, 2007, 03:33:33 AM

I do like how Hawaii has ballers with that grit and guits mentality...

He could stick, but if not, it was a low brow move, and most likely will not pan out.  Speed kills, but sometimes it takes more than that.

Sounds like the guy is truly another one dimensional guy, and his straight line speed is not all that great.  He appears to be more of a shifty back, from what I have read, who relies on head and hip fakes.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 04, 2007, 06:05:30 AM

At least it shows that Biasacia feels we need a home run hitter for the return game. If, and it's a big if, we can get a legitimate threat on PR's & KR's, then with the coverage teams being good(not great), special teams could really contribute next year. The kicking game is solid, the coverages are consistently good, we just need a 'home run' hitter.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Badbud8

Second String

#39 : January 04, 2007, 06:42:17 AM

The Buc's could Sign Jesus Christ, and the Gruden Haters would be all PO'ed about it.

We will hear this same Crap-ola,all offseason,every time the Buc's sign someone

:o ::)

#40 : January 04, 2007, 09:03:27 AM

he's not that fast is he

Oh, come on!!! Yes he

#41 : January 04, 2007, 09:05:25 AM

HOW ABOUT SOME COMMON SENSE??!!

How about taking your own advice?  I'm pleased that this FO is obviously still on the job.  This is a low-risk, high-reward signing.  If he never sees the field, no biggy.  If he's a good returner, we've struck gold.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 04, 2007, 09:09:55 AM

All this heated debate over a longshot signing whose 2007 salary won't even count against the salary cap thanks to the "Rule of 53"? This board has officially gone nuts.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 04, 2007, 09:10:47 AM

OK look, we're gonna sign about 15-20 guys just like Owens in the next month. Just like every other team does. He's a guy that offers some skill set that could be useful. He's not got a great track record to go and it is funny that he's smaller than Mark Jones. It is like we've got some fascination (Lockett the Rocket) with getting a smurf at that spot. Maybe Quezzie can come back for us in that mode even at his "size".

Dear god signing training camp fodder shouldn't set off a holy war. At least wait for those wars when we make big decisions.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 04, 2007, 09:12:04 AM

The man is fast, we need some speed on the team. Its a move in the right direction.

IIRC he ran a pretty slow 40 time but he ran a totally sick short shuttle run. He's very very quick on the move but he's bot a raw blazer.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS SIGN KR-PR OWENS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools