Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS SIGN KR-PR OWENS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : January 04, 2007, 09:13:58 AM

You're right about that.  However, I tend to put a lot of faith in Dalbucs information, especially since his track record shows him to be right on the money the majority of the time.
But hey, who knows, he could be wrong this time.  I just thought with ALL of that cap space we would be bringing in PROVEN talent, not RISKY talent.  If Del Rio couldn't get anything out of him, what makes anyone think Gruden can?

Scouting reports are just slightly more valuable than crap.  You aren't going to get a proven talent at this point in the offseason.  Right now, this signing equals a body to compete in camp.  Later on, we may draft someone.  We may sign someone.  A SB team is not built with only superstars.  It's built with a whole range of players, from training camp fodder to HOFers.  At this point in the offseason, this is a solid move.

#46 : January 04, 2007, 09:18:47 AM

All this heated debate over a longshot signing whose 2007 salary won't even count against the salary cap thanks to the "Rule of 53"? BucsGuru has officially gone nuts.

I corrected that for you.  ;)

(WARNING: The above quote has been modified.  It is no longer a quote)

#47 : January 04, 2007, 09:20:03 AM

OK look, we're gonna sign about 15-20 guys just like Owens in the next month. Just like every other team does. He's a guy that offers some skill set that could be useful. He's not got a great track record to go and it is funny that he's smaller than Mark Jones. It is like we've got some fascination (Lockett the Rocket) with getting a smurf at that spot. Maybe Quezzie can come back for us in that mode even at his "size".

Dear god signing training camp fodder shouldn't set off a holy war. At least wait for those wars when we make big decisions.

Agreed.  I think this is just a nice, solid start to the offseason.  I'm pleased that the FO hasn't just gone to sleep.  :D

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 04, 2007, 09:23:22 AM

Agreed.  I think this is just a nice, solid start to the offseason.  I'm pleased that the FO hasn't just gone to sleep.  :D

Solid, meh, like I said these are really meaningless signings across the board. We're gonna sign of slew of guys and some will be names we recognize and people will get worked up about them for good or ill but in the end I wouldn't even bank on anyone we get now even making TC.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 04, 2007, 09:24:37 AM

Yeah, Boid... I thought we HAD money.

We do.  And once free agency actually starts, we might start spending some of it.  Until then, we're not going to see anything more exciting than these sorts of fodder being signed.

BUCS47

Rookie

#50 : January 04, 2007, 10:52:24 AM

The Buc's could Sign Jesus Christ, and the Gruden Haters would be all PO'ed about it.

We will hear this same Crap-ola,all offseason,every time the Buc's sign someone

:o ::)

I totally agree.

coopsxx

Starter
#51 : January 04, 2007, 12:13:39 PM

he was horriffic in j'ville, crapped himself every return and muffed about 3-4 before being cut. But who knows... he was good in college

#52 : January 04, 2007, 06:45:23 PM

I think we got him for a box of Powerade bars.  :D ;D

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
#53 : January 04, 2007, 10:35:40 PM

who would you rather have chad or terrell owens?

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS SIGN KR-PR OWENS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools