Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ok.......FOR ALL OF YOU BRADY QUINN FOR PRESIDENT HONKS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 04, 2007, 10:07:54 AM

Despite yesterdays game i am still convinced that Quinn will have a more successfu career than Russell in the NFL.

No one should ever go goofy about one game for good and ill. Quinn has been and is a good college QB and he's been very well trained to be an NFL QB. You can slice and dice him and Russell (who looked better than I've ever sen him look) but odds are both guys are very high R1 picks.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

#16 : January 04, 2007, 10:12:30 AM

Another thing in Russell’s favor is he is a junior and still only 21, plus he has made steady progress each season in college.  I think Russell has a lot more room for development than Quinn in the longterm.

watson

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 04, 2007, 10:25:54 AM

Despite yesterdays game i am still convinced that Quinn will have a more successfu career than Russell in the NFL.

No one should ever go goofy about one game for good and ill. Quinn has been and is a good college QB and he's been very well trained to be an NFL QB. You can slice and dice him and Russell (who looked better than I've ever sen him look) but odds are both guys are very high R1 picks.
Dal,
I agree with you on not judging them on this game alone.  My problem with Quinn is in every big game he has been in this year he has not looked good.  Part of that has to be attributed to the talent around him since I believe that ND is very much overrated and not nearly as good as the hype would have everyone believe.

Russell looked very good last night but his other really big game this year (in my opinion) was against Florida in the Swamp and his stats weren't that good:  24-of-41 for 228 yards, with three interceptions and one touchdown pass.  The yards and percentage of completion is fine, but the 3 INTs are not.  Also, I do believe he is surrounded with some of the best athletes in the SEC. 

So it is hard to say if he is really that good or ND is really that bad.  More than likely the answer is somewhere in the middle. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

#18 : January 04, 2007, 12:01:57 PM

I was at that game and 2 of those ints were right off the hands of the wrs.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 04, 2007, 12:14:25 PM

All I know is I have a nice cold mullet wating to be used to smack Naples if the bucs draft Quinn in the 1st round.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 04, 2007, 12:33:54 PM

hey zell, tell us how you really feel...lol

yeah Brady didn't look too good but his team was outmanned mightily.

russell made everything look pretty easy.  but it got old when the announcers kept gushing over his height and weight.  you could also see hie's not very fast ( a la the sacks).  I'm not sure if the speed of the NFL wouldn't throw him for a long time.  On the other hand, raise your hand if you think he'll struggle with batted balls.  Ha!
Did you see the size of some of those defensive linemen from LSU AND the offenseive linemen.  Had to laugh when someone said you could see them from the space platform!!!!

I did pick up something I've been wondering about the Bucs' strategy and that is ...takikng so long to adjust to whats in front of youo by waiting until the half.  I love love love love love,,,,did I say love?  YEAH. I adore the idea of adjusting during the game.  That means planning ahead with some plays based on what ifs...what if they throw this look out, then you try an    "xyz" for off the wall plays often planned in the beginning to throw off teams.  If Simms has two balls batted down, then he does roll out to get out of the pocket or shot guns or something...do we have to we wait for bat downs  #3-100???  That's one example.  And there should be immediate variations on the "solution" so tht doesn't get too old and expected either.  Am i right?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 04, 2007, 12:42:04 PM

I wonder if I put the "N" word in the title of a thread what kind of ansqwers I would reciever.  I shouldn't have even wasted my time skimming this thread. 
Having said that, Russle has a stronger arm but Quinn is the smarter QB.  In the NFL a QB needs more then just athletic ability because they have to learn so many different plays and defenses.  I don't know if Quinn will be great but I sure don't think russle is going to be anything special either.  Its not hard to just throw the ball up to your recievers.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 04, 2007, 12:43:19 PM

Russell sure reminded me of Doug........I got to say I would not mind seeing him in pewter,provided he rides the bench and learns for a year or so.
Love the quick arm motion and it is over the top as well....Throws 85 standing and 40 form his butt?         Are you kidding me...
Maybe  it would get rid of the williams curse once and for all!

BigRTM

Starter

#23 : January 04, 2007, 12:45:33 PM

From what I've seen from Brady Quinn in the LSU game & the last 2 years is he will be a solid, not spectacular QB: surely a 1st day pick but definitely not a top 3 pick. A good solid NFL system QB. But I honestly don't think he is a particularly accurate QB (and he surely wasn't vs. LSU). I think he benefited greatly from tall WR's such as Stovall & Samardjiza.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#24 : January 04, 2007, 01:03:07 PM

Notre Dame is the most overrated college football program of all time at this point... They haven't won a bow game since I was a senior in college.... since before the Bucs changed their uniforms.

BuccoJD

Starter

#25 : January 04, 2007, 01:13:51 PM

ND is not a top tier program...but their TV contract and "tradition" make unintelligent people think that Chalrie Weis is Bill Belicheck and Brady Quinn is Tom Brady.

If I see another ESPN special on ND I will kill myself.

USF deserves to be ranked higher than this garbage team, and those 9 straight bowl losses show that this team is overrated EVERY SEASON.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 04, 2007, 01:18:27 PM

I was pretty high on Quinn myself and I still think he'll be a decent NFL player but I agree he was pretty bad last night and is overrated to some degree. Either way I dont see the Bucs taking any QB with their first pick

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 04, 2007, 01:18:49 PM

ND is not a top tier program...but their TV contract and "tradition" make unintelligent people think that Chalrie Weis is Bill Belicheck and Brady Quinn is Tom Brady.

If I see another ESPN special on ND I will kill myself.

USF deserves to be ranked higher than this garbage team, and those 9 straight bowl losses show that this team is overrated EVERY SEASON.

Would that mean BC's 7 straight bowl victories means they are underrated every season?

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

T

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 04, 2007, 05:50:39 PM

I was on the Quinn bandwagon until last night's game, sorry guys I bought into the hype. Sign me up for the Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson bandwagon.

#29 : January 04, 2007, 06:40:35 PM

I'm a huuuuge Notre Dame fan and even agree that Quinn hurt his draft status last night & stunk it up, and could end up a late 2nd or early third round pick in April. :(
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ok.......FOR ALL OF YOU BRADY QUINN FOR PRESIDENT HONKS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools