Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finally...we have options - Radio in Tampa Bay « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: January 04, 2007, 03:51:39 PM

What you guys fail to realize is that anyone that can write or say or sing something that moves you to emotion is powerful.  I think it's funny the way you guys rail against Steve.  Shows me the more you guys gripe the more and better he's doing his job...there's your explanation.  If I was Steve's agent I'd have every post with date and time stamps walking into negotiations with the station everytime my contract was due.  You guys are better than any caller or demographic survey....

Just because he gets loyal listeners and big money doesn't make him right. In fact, I can't remember when he was right about anything.

And it isn't just him, I've been ticked off by most of the media this year. I remember last year everyone was praising Gruden and calling him a genius for drafting Cadillac. Yet this year those same people are calling Caddy a bust and Gruden a "poor judge of talent." Then they blame Gruden for using Gradkowski instead of Rattay. When Simms went down, was there ANYBODY calling for Rattay to come in? Heck no! Why? Because he stunk in pre-season and training camp! Everyone wanted Gradkowski to go in. Now knowing what we know about Gradkowski now, maybe Rattay would have been the better option. But at the time, no one was willing to risk calling for that move. Not even Duemig.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#1 : January 04, 2007, 09:51:10 AM

Ok, I've been a member for awhile, but, haven't really posted.  I too, have grown tired of the "flagship" station of Bucs radio.  Scott, I'm glad you're on there and have appreciated your insights, but, since that station has gone downhill in the last year or so, I've taken it off my preset and refuse to listen 'til they change.

Scott, is Roger Mills working for you guys now?  It seems I've heard that when he's been on 1470 with Brantley.  I'd reccomend he be a regular host (at the very least a more regular guest) on Tampa Bay radio.  He's informed, objective, and has appropriate timing with humor and serious issues.

With that, I've been listening to 1470 and 1010 quite a bit (even online).  Here are a sampling of pretty good hosts:

-JP Petersen at lunch
-Brantley in the late afternoon - obviously great football knowledge and talks about pro and college
-ESPN National other times - they're good if they're not on their "high horse" when an athlete does/says something stupid - when they get on their high horse they beat it to death and I can't listen (Dan Patrick and/or Olberman do this way too much and seem whiney)

-Mike Pepper in the am as of today I guess....not bad - at least he's local, funny, and objective
-Al Keck at lunch 1-3 very informed and has very good guests (national and local)
-Sports Chix in afternoon drive - they actually have very good guests (national and local), too and seem to be more serious about sports talk now which makes a better show.  I think being female they can actually get away a little more with asking a pointed question

Obviously, a lot of the shows I mention are on at the same time - I station surf in commercial breaks or if a host is talking about an issue I care nothing about.

On another note....how is Rock Riley so entrenched in this market?  He's not inflammatory, but, he's almost unwatchable with his schtick.  I think the other guy, Chris has done well for them, Jeff Carlson has, and even Roxanne Wilder when she's filled in.

We're finally seeing the competition raising the bar for Tampa Bay radio.   We have a choice and can only make it better if we listen to the objective, professoinal hosts and refuse to listen or mention those that are less so.  As I mentioned, both 1470 and 1010 have the shows online. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 04, 2007, 09:55:53 AM

Tampa finally has two radio stations or did the wonder of tuning knobs finally arrive in town?

Dare we dream to not hear about Dueming or Beckles now?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 04, 2007, 09:59:31 AM

Tampa finally has two radio stations or did the wonder of tuning knobs finally arrive in town?

The real deal is this, those new outlets may be a nice change but 620 rules.  Like them then cool.  But even the haters listen so they can come here and gripe...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

superbuc

Practice Squad
#4 : January 04, 2007, 10:04:49 AM

Dare we dream to not hear about "the other hosts" now?

The real deal is this, those new outlets may be a nice change but the "other station" sucks.  Like it,  then perish. 

Chev, I respect most of your opinions.  I fixed the quotes above for them to be respect-able!  I only listen to 1470 and 1010.  Join me, bro.  Be free.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 04, 2007, 11:04:48 AM

Dare we dream to not hear about "the other hosts" now?

The real deal is this, those new outlets may be a nice change but the "other station" sucks. Like it, then perish.

Chev, I respect most of your opinions. I fixed the quotes above for them to be respect-able! I only listen to 1470 and 1010. Join me, bro. Be free.

I can't dude.  Mostly because if I'm going to turn off talk radio I'm not going looking for a "better" opinion or one that suits what I want to hear.  I have my own opinion and I've listened to those other outlets.  They are no way near the level of 620.  That doesn't mean I agree with what they say or have a favorite host.  I never listen to Dan as the Steve Harvey Morning show is much better.  Sorry Jim.  Rarely listen to Ron and Ian as I'm working.  I catch the Big Dawg on the way home.  I know how to turn the dial without busting a blood vessel from anxiety...I think it is you who needs to come over to the reality of radio in this market...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 04, 2007, 11:07:49 AM

I have my own opinion and I've listened to those other outlets.  They are no way near the level of 620.

True, they don't sink that low.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 04, 2007, 11:21:48 AM

I prefer radio shows that don't SUCK A$$, so I'll stick to 620 during the ride home. I do listen to M&M in the morning though.

BTW....... How in the WORLD do the sports skanks have a show? That has got to be the WORST radio show EVER.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

coopsxx

Starter
#8 : January 04, 2007, 11:29:54 AM

amen to chev, i dont agree with most of the gripes that duemnig and beckles have about the bucs this season, but there opinion change often, i pay for pewter report which provides me with enough information to make up my own mind.

and to be honest even though they are down on the bucs they do have a right to be, am i the only one who gets sickened when after a bad game or bad season people are still player shows telling guys that they are hands down the best players in the NFL.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#9 : January 04, 2007, 11:32:47 AM

I have my own opinion and I've listened to those other outlets. They are no way near the level of 620.

True, they don't sink that low.

exactly...I'm surprised at the people that continue to listen to that station.  To each his/her own.  

I choose more objective, reliable sources of entertainment - like PR!!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 04, 2007, 11:37:11 AM

exactly...I'm surprised at the people that continue to listen to that station.  To each his/her own. 

I choose more objective, reliable sources of entertainment - like PR!!!

The only times I tune to 620 is during the player shows. Up until the blonde bimbos comes on, 1010 offers a superior sports radio product.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 04, 2007, 11:48:43 AM

I've found those other stations, and enjoy them, even the Sports Chicks.  Thank goodness they're giving 620 a little competition. 

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 04, 2007, 11:50:54 AM

Duemig is just the absolute worst...

Did anyone hear Duemig's little rant on Tuesday about Gruden? And yesturday he blamed Gruden for all the defensive coaches leaving. He said, "They are like rats jumping a sinking ship. As soon as Joe (Barry) was given the oppertunity, he couldn't wait to get out of here."
Joe Barry left because it has been his dream to be a defensive coordinator. And as long as we have Monte here, he knew that was not going to happen in Tampa anytime soon. Marinelli is also his father in law. Why is everyone shocked and awed by Barry leaving? As for the other coaches...look where they are at! Lovie Smith is coaching the #1 seed in the NFC. Herman Edwards is coaching the Chiefs in the playoffs. These were excellent coaches that were given head coaching offers and a ton of money. Who the hell is going to say no to that?

And wasn't Duemig the moron that said his sources said that the Glazers were going to sell the team in 2000 in order to open a franchise in LA? I wonder if it is the same sources that said that Gruden only resigned Simms so he could screw the franchise while going out the door?

Moron.

#13 : January 04, 2007, 11:51:44 AM

The real deal is this, those new outlets may be a nice change but 620 rules.  Like them then cool.  But even the haters listen so they can come here and gripe...LOL

Amazing, isn't it?

Blazer

Practice Squad

#14 : January 04, 2007, 12:14:42 PM

I like Rock Riley. It seems like a lot of players and coaches like him and are real relaxed on his show. I wish he had more than an hour on the radio on Saturday mornings.  At least he's NOT BORING!

Roxanne Wilder sure is pleasing on the eyes. Winghouse girls help too.

Blazer
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Finally...we have options - Radio in Tampa Bay « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools