Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The immaturity of Vince Young « previous next »
Page: 1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: January 04, 2007, 01:04:03 PM

I was reading an interesting article on Vince Young. There's lots of information here, so make sure you read the whole article, but I did find this section of special interest:

Immaturity
Young missed the team flight to Philadelphia, and his reaction worried some people close to him.

Upset at being left behind, Young indicated he wasn't going to make the trip on his own. But he did, and led the Titans to a victory over the Eagles.

In the two days afterward, he didn't show up to watch film. He pouted a few more days before snapping out of it.

The immaturity extended to the field at times. On Dec. 17 against the Jaguars he threw a third-down pass out of bounds to stop the clock after coaches told him not to throw it under any circumstance.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070104/SPORTS01/701040378/1002/SPORTS

#1 : January 04, 2007, 01:15:29 PM

Good article.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 04, 2007, 01:16:46 PM

All that glitters....

I still think Colston or MJD deserved the rookie of the year award, but hard to find fault in the selection.

He did lead some nice games, but the PAc-Man was also a huge factor in some of those games.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 04, 2007, 01:27:48 PM

51.5% comp%, 2199 yards, 12TDs, 13 INTs

I'm not saying the guy is horrible, he's a rookie.  But the mantra of "He just wins games" used to be ridiculed around here when it was said about Vick.  I think he definitely has more upside than Vick, but I'm just not ready to annoint him the next big thing or the complete cause of the Titans hopes and dreams (part of it, but not all of it).

#4 : January 04, 2007, 01:50:19 PM

51.5% comp%, 2199 yards, 12TDs, 13 INTs

I'm not saying the guy is horrible, he's a rookie.  But the mantra of "He just wins games" used to be ridiculed around here when it was said about Vick.  I think he definitely has more upside than Vick, but I'm just not ready to annoint him the next big thing or the complete cause of the Titans hopes and dreams (part of it, but not all of it).

His stats during the last 5 games were dramatically better.

#5 : January 04, 2007, 06:43:34 PM

Immature......maybe; but definitely a STUD quarterback in this league and will continue to be.

T

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 04, 2007, 08:02:58 PM

He may not become the next Marino in the stat category but the guy is a winner, plain and simple. If he ever learns how to read a defense and gets some weapons around him, the Titans will be scary.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The immaturity of Vince Young « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools