Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What a joke the national media is....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : January 04, 2007, 06:02:49 PM

Well yeah...but it's a profession that follows the 'a blind squirrell occasionally finds a nut' saying.

T

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 04, 2007, 06:14:48 PM

How many of these supposed expert writers picked Carolina to go to the Super Bowl?? These guys know as much as the average fan.

#17 : January 04, 2007, 06:24:01 PM

I'm not arguing that (or at all), just saying there a few decent sports writers, that is all (and only one works for ESPN, Keith Law)

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 04, 2007, 07:14:42 PM

I actually e-mailed Prisco earlier today when I read that.  Told him he evidently wasn't paying his researchers enough.  What a schmuck.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 04, 2007, 07:20:26 PM

"Cap problems will make it tough to turn it around"  WHAT?

Well, he is right if you think about it.  We basically are going to have to replace pretty much the entire team to be competitive next year!

#20 : January 04, 2007, 07:23:27 PM

Well, he is right if you think about it.  We basically are going to have to replace pretty much the entire team to be competitive next year!

It's great to have a true fan of the team such as yourself around.

You hate the coach and think all of the players should be replaced. Why exactly are you here?

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 04, 2007, 07:24:11 PM

It's great to have a true fan of the team such as yourself around.

You are quite welcome my man!

#22 : January 04, 2007, 07:39:14 PM

Seriously. You don't like the coach. You don't like the players. Why exactly is it that you're a fan of this team?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 04, 2007, 07:53:06 PM

It's because he enjoys complaining. There is not another reason in the world, not one. Some people just gotta have drama in their lives, and Bucguru is definitely one of those people. He is the first person to cry if we have a losing record, and the first person to say it was a fluke if we have a winning record.

#24 : January 04, 2007, 07:54:18 PM

I think BucsGuru is BornaBuc's brother.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 04, 2007, 07:54:39 PM

Seriously. You don't like the coach. You don't like the players. Why exactly is it that you're a fan of this team?

I am a fan of the organization and it's team.  I will NEVER choose a coach over the team.  I like many of the players on this team. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 04, 2007, 07:55:33 PM

Seriously.  If this team goes 7-9 next year with Gruden guiding it, do we still keep him aboard?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 04, 2007, 07:58:41 PM

Seriously. If this team goes 7-9 next year with Gruden guiding it, do we still keep him aboard?

See it depends. It's not as black and white as W's and L's. At least not IMO anyway. I don't believe we were a 4-12 team this season, I don't think we were a great team but injuries aside I believe we were at least an 8-8 team. People can say "injuries happen to all teams" all they want, but backups are backups for a reason. Their paid less and play less for one reason and one reason only, they don't have the same amount of TALENT. Now you anti's can come back and say "well isn't the coaching staff responsible for acquiring depth?", and I'll say sure, but it takes cash and draft picks to acquire it. Thanks for playing.

#28 : January 04, 2007, 08:00:24 PM

Seriously. If this team goes 7-9 next year with Gruden guiding it, do we still keep him aboard?

See it depends. It's not as black and white as W's and L's. At least not IMO anyway. I don't believe we were a 4-12 team this season, I don't think we were a great team but injuries aside I believe we were at least an 8-8 team. People can say "injuries happen to all teams" all they want, but backups are backups for a reason. Their paid less and play less for one reason and one reason only, they don't have the same amount of TALENT. Now you anti's can come back and say "well isn't the coaching staff responsible for acquiring depth?", and I'll say sure, but it takes cash and draft picks to acquire it. Thanks for playing.
Game, set, match.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 04, 2007, 08:49:38 PM

They're used to putting that down for so many years, it's become a habit. They'll have to start copying and pasting that over to the Falcons info now that McKay is up there.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What a joke the national media is....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools