Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy thinking about leaving Indy??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: January 04, 2007, 08:04:53 PM

For the 3rd time in as many days, Tony Dungy has been forced to come out publically and deny rumors that he is interested in leaving the Colts.

A Minneapolis newspaper is reporting that Tony Dungy is considering leaving the Colts to coach at the University of Minnesota where he was a star QB in the 1970s. Another paper says he has interest in re-joining Rich McKay in Atlanta.

The Minnesota job opened Sunday when Glen Mason was fired, two days after the Gophers blew a 31-point lead in the Insight Bowl. It was the largest comeback in Division I bowl history.

"He's way off, as far off as you could be," Dungy said, referring to the Minneapolis report that cited a consultant who is helping conduct the coaching search. "I don't know who's saying that, but whatever's being said, it's way off."

Asked about the Atlanta opening:
"That's not credible, since I have a contract here," Dungy said. "This will be the last place I'll be coaching."

The Colts host Kansas City to kick off the Wild Card playoffs this Saturday at 4pm est.

#1 : January 04, 2007, 08:20:31 PM

Imagine Dungy somehow back as head coach with Gruden as OC...

Dungy can keep building teams with Gruden here to push them over the top. ;-)

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 04, 2007, 08:30:03 PM

Dungy can't really comment on coaching vacancies as his team is still in the playoffs(though not for long) but I woudn't be suprised to see him retire if his team gets murdered by LJ.

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 04, 2007, 08:33:03 PM

Oh great all the Dungy lovers in Tampa would instantly become Falcons fans, if he rejoined traitor McKay.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#4 : January 04, 2007, 08:34:25 PM

I hope not, Im not a big fan of Dungy, he cant make the big one.....no guts...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 04, 2007, 08:42:57 PM

They could not co-exist. Completely impossible.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#6 : January 04, 2007, 08:44:24 PM

They could not co-exist. Completely impossible.

sure they do right now......just not on the same team...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 04, 2007, 09:10:06 PM

Imagine Vince Lombardi as HC and Don Shula as OC and Dan Marino as QB and **CENSORED** Butkus as MLB.  As long as we are imagining impossible things.  Imagine all the people living life in peace.

So your theory is that Gruden is going to accept an OC job with the Bucs?  Yeah OK.  Name one time a head coach has accepted a demotion from HC to assistant with the same team.  Cat got your tongue? Earl got your tongue?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 04, 2007, 09:47:16 PM

Considering the Colts first game is against LJ "too many carries" Johnson I too would be looking for a new job and denying it constantly. :P

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 04, 2007, 10:13:50 PM

Imagine Vince Lombardi as HC and Don Shula as OC and Dan Marino as QB and **CENSORED** Butkus as MLB.  As long as we are imagining impossible things.  Imagine all the people living life in peace.

So your theory is that Gruden is going to accept an OC job with the Bucs?  Yeah OK.  Name one time a head coach has accepted a demotion from HC to assistant with the same team.  Cat got your tongue? Earl got your tongue?

I think he meant Dungy as the DC here in Tampa and Gruden as the HC/OC

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 04, 2007, 10:56:16 PM

Tony's got to see the writing on the wall, especially if the Colts don't make the Super Bowl this year. He can't survive for too much longer there if there's no progress year to year.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 04, 2007, 11:17:16 PM

T, what do you mean by Mckay being a traitor?

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 04, 2007, 11:25:52 PM

I think he meant Dungy as the DC here in Tampa and Gruden as the HC/OC

I'd take Kiffin over Dungy anyway.   

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : January 04, 2007, 11:31:09 PM

Dungy would never stand up in front of a camera & deliberately lie like Saban did.  You people know that is not his character.

D

Practice Squad

#14 : January 04, 2007, 11:31:47 PM

I think Dungy is done with coaching after he leaves the colts.  He's been hinting at that for a couple seasons now.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dungy thinking about leaving Indy??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools