Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can the offense have gotten any worse « previous next »
Page: 1

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: January 20, 2007, 02:10:53 AM

I cannot imagine it looking any worse. We were near dead last in the NFL in practically every offensive stat .

Baghead #2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 20, 2007, 01:57:11 AM

With everyone on the board screaming about how bad the offense was this past season could it get any worse in 2007?

If the front office cant land a quality back up to push for the starting job while pushing Simms along the way the production that Jon Gruden is talking about out of the qb spot want ever trulky be realized.

Between the O-Line under preforming along with the poor line coaching, the team will only be as good as the line unit allows them to be if they cant find some type of nasty in their play and get a push up front along with sustaining there blocks in pass protection to allow the TE to be able to go out in pass patterns along with the RB and FB which is a staple of the west coast offense to have all 5 receivers be elligable in the passing game.

that leads me to the play calling most teams either run the ball really well or can throw the ball really well at this point the Bucs cant do either of those things so the real question is what will the teams identy truly be this season?

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 20, 2007, 01:05:50 PM

Believe it or not, yes, it could have gotten worse. We could all be Raiders fans and cheering for the Andrew Walters/Aaron Brooks combo.

We weren't 32 in the league in offense so technically, it could have been worse. That doesn't mean the offense wasn't piss poor this year though.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 20, 2007, 04:30:17 PM

2 ton = nasty...Bad move not keeping that dude!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 20, 2007, 05:24:07 PM

the thought of watching simms next year gives me no, zero, nada excitement for the season to kick-off.

we need a proven QB so we can win NOW, and Simms won't be that guy in this offense.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 20, 2007, 05:35:39 PM

Its possible that the offense get worse, but it would take alot of effort to do so. The Bucs' O wasn't the last in the league, but only because Andrew Walter/Aaron Brooks were worse quarterbacks than Gradkowski was last year. With a possibly upgraded O-line or an extra playmaker at WR, the offense should automatically be better but then again, if the Bucs cant find a QB in Simms or in FA, the offense will still be bad.

#6 : January 20, 2007, 06:06:01 PM

Believe it or not, yes, it could have gotten worse. We could all be Raiders fans and cheering for the Andrew Walters/Aaron Brooks combo.

We weren't 32 in the league in offense so technically, it could have been worse. That doesn't mean the offense wasn't piss poor this year though.

All it would've taken was an injury to Galloway and we would've been the worse "O" in the league.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#7 : January 20, 2007, 10:55:46 PM

the thought of watching simms next year gives me no, zero, nada excitement for the season to kick-off.

we need a proven QB so we can win NOW, and Simms won't be that guy in this offense.
Funny, that's EXACTLY how I felt every time I saw Grads go on the field.  And I don't think it's possible for the offense too look any worse.

dabucsrule

Practice Squad

#8 : January 20, 2007, 11:00:55 PM

All it would've taken was an injury to Galloway and we would've been the worse "O" in the league.

I  agree with this comment
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can the offense have gotten any worse « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools