Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Gibbs is a free agent and looking for work « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: January 04, 2007, 10:13:49 PM

Don't know if this has been posted already but Adam Shefter reported tonight that Alex Gibbs, former consultant with the Falcons, is now a free agent and wants to return to coaching. Can we can Muir NOW please?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 04, 2007, 10:16:10 PM

Gibbs or Houck would be fine with me.

#2 : January 04, 2007, 10:20:40 PM

Schefter > Mortenson / anybody at ESPN.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 04, 2007, 10:21:07 PM

Atlanta's offensive line is going to be horrible without their cut blocking yoda.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 04, 2007, 10:34:32 PM

Agree wholeheartedly...

As for Gibbs, I'm cool with it... honestly, I'm cool with anyone new at this point. IMO we have some nice talent stacked in the OL that needs to be unlocked. My only concern is that Gibbs' "blocking system" may take a year or so to implement successfully?

PirateBooty

Starter

#5 : January 04, 2007, 10:38:50 PM

Agree wholeheartedly...

As for Gibbs, I'm cool with it... honestly, I'm cool with anyone new at this point. IMO we have some nice talent stacked in the OL that needs to be unlocked. My only concern is that Gibbs' "blocking system" may take a year or so to implement successfully?
The Packers did it less than a year. Hopefully we can too.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 04, 2007, 10:44:17 PM

anyone other than Muir ... please!  I'd rather have my 97 yr old great-grandmother coaching the Oline than Muir.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 04, 2007, 10:45:47 PM

As good as that Falcon's line was in runblocking, they did jack in pass protection. I want the Bucs to replace Muir, but the team can do better than Gibbs.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 04, 2007, 10:51:25 PM

Gibbs was a consultant not their Oline coach ... with a more hands on approach, I think their situation would have been much better.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 04, 2007, 10:52:04 PM

Agree wholeheartedly...

The Packers did it less than a year. Hopefully we can too.

Correct.

Pass protection will not be that big of an issue if you can run the ball. Plus the Bucs have talent to work with on the o-line compared to what Atlanta was fielding.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 04, 2007, 10:53:58 PM

BT, I hear your great-grandma is one tough old bird! Maybe she can whip the line into shape. Need some improvement there for sure.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#11 : January 04, 2007, 10:54:53 PM

guys, do you remember that our right tackle is 6'8? It's gonna be hella difficult to get Jeremy to cut block. If we do draft JT - cut-blocking is out of the question.

The guy we need is Hudson Houck. Perfect o-line coach for us.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 04, 2007, 10:56:52 PM

BT, I hear your great-grandma is one tough old bird! Maybe she can whip the line into shape. Need some improvement there for sure.

Dude no lie ... she still push moes her own yard 2x a week - she's a beast!

#13 : January 04, 2007, 11:00:30 PM

I'd rather throw money at Houck.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 04, 2007, 11:11:00 PM

The sad thing is under a guy like Gibbs our best lineman would probably be Mahan.

I'm all for throwing a lot of cash and a AHC title at Houck.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Gibbs is a free agent and looking for work « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools