Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Gibbs is a free agent and looking for work « previous next »
Page: 1 2

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 05, 2007, 12:04:00 AM

guys, do you remember that our right tackle is 6'8? It's gonna be hella difficult to get Jeremy to cut block. If we do draft JT - cut-blocking is out of the question.

The guy we need is Hudson Houck. Perfect o-line coach for us.

Color me pink but I recall Trueblood cut blocking at times this year.  :P

#16 : January 05, 2007, 02:11:45 AM

Gibbs was a consultant not their Oline coach ... with a more hands on approach, I think their situation would have been much better.

Actually his first year in Atlanta he was the OL coach. I think it was 2004. So most of the guys on Atlantas OL right now, were there when Gibbs got there and changed their blocking philosophy. I think Gibbs is a great OL coach, but Im not sure we would target him or that he would want to come to Tampa. The young players we've invested time and money into dont fit the mold he uses for his blocking

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 05, 2007, 11:37:05 AM

I dont think we really have the personnel to run a cut blocking scheme. Trueblood in particular, and other big guys like Joseph and Buenning would simply struggle.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 05, 2007, 12:21:37 PM

I'm as big a Houck fan as there is, but I read in a Miami Herald article that "The Dolphins will try to retain offensive-line coach Hudson Houck regardless of who becomes head coach."

It's only one line towards the end of the article, but pretty clear..

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16378667.htm

.and bums me out..

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alex Gibbs is a free agent and looking for work « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools