Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quinn Russell 1-2 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« : January 05, 2007, 09:12:25 AM »

I think as the draft nears that we are going to hear more and more about this Quinn-Russell matchup and the teams that are drafting at the #1 and #2 postions, being Oakland and Detroit. Both passed on Cutler and Leinart last year to draft Michael Huff and Ernie Simms respectively. This year we have a similiar pre draft comparison in Quinn and Russell to Manning and Leaf, with team needs being QB at #1 and #2.

This bolds extremely well for the Bucs picking as early and 3rd overall. Should Detroit and Oakland who are both in big need of a QB, more so than any other postion, draft Quinn-Russell or Russell-Quinn and we would essentially have every position on the board with the exception of the QB position.

I forsee the Bucs being in a great position but a helluva decision to make. When you factor in Gaines Adams, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas, that would be a tough call to make as these prospects are all bluechip calibur and figure to be cornerstones on any NFL team for years to come. I would rank the "big 3 for tampa" as...

1. Joe Thomas LT Wisconsin- Nearly impossible to ever acquire a top flight LT via FA or trade
2. Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech- We are in need of a young playmaking WR and Johnson fits the bill
3. Gaines Adams DE Clemson- I have Adams 3rd based on the FA class DE's this offseason

Baghead #2

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #1 : January 05, 2007, 09:18:33 AM »

I think that the best positions to be in the draft is #3, #4, and #5......

But I see a similarity between Simms and Quinn....and I have a feeling the Quinn is gonna end up the exact same way Simms does, unless he goes to a team with a franchise QB already in place to study under......

teams looking for an immediate starter should look more so at Russell, and maybe Brohm

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 05, 2007, 09:25:35 AM »

I know The Hair was on this morning talking about them as 1-2 with Russell to OAK and Quinn to DET. That'd be super with me as long we're 3rd. I just think that unless we hop CLE Thomas isn't gonna be there, especially if the QB's go off the board like that they've really got no other option unless the reach a bit for AP.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 05, 2007, 09:33:12 AM »

haha, yeah Hair is a big QB guy, you know that!

Cleveland scares me on Thomas as well, but I really think that Peterson is their guy. Hopefully we will just win that damn coin flip anyway and we won't have to sweat it out.

Baghead #2

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #4 : January 05, 2007, 09:46:55 AM »

It dosent really matter about the coin flip, I see cleveland interested in a WR over D more so, leaving us a free choice with the best D player available

zed

Pro Bowler

« #5 : January 05, 2007, 09:48:18 AM »

It might be better we lose the coin flip, so our choice will be less difficult to make.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 05, 2007, 09:49:11 AM »

It dosent really matter about the coin flip, I see cleveland interested in a WR over D more so, leaving us a free choice with the best D player available

Really? I looked at it as they already have their #1 in Braylon Edwards and they also have Winslow who caught 80 something balls this year. They need QB and RB IMHO.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 05, 2007, 09:50:06 AM »

It might be better we lose the coin flip, so our choice will be less difficult to make.

HAHA, you know that because everyone would be saying hey gruden why didn't ya pick.....

Baghead #2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 05, 2007, 09:50:52 AM »

Nah.  You want a hard decision on draft day.  You want as many good players as possible sitting there.  If we lose the flip with Cleveland, we may have an easier decision, but one with less odds of success.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #9 : January 05, 2007, 09:52:01 AM »

Really? I looked at it as they already have their #1 in Braylon Edwards and they also have Winslow who caught 80 something balls this year. They need QB and RB IMHO.

they have Faith in Frye, and a good RB in Rueben Droughnns (SP??) JJ as 1 WR, and Winslow, but they tend to run 3 WR and they need a third, I could see them taking Calvin Johnson, or perhaps maybe a CB, leaving us free rain still with a DE or DT...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #10 : January 05, 2007, 09:52:42 AM »

They picked edwards to be their #1 WR but so far he hasn't shown much that says he's going to be that.  They are already booing him on a regular basis.  However, I agree they won't be picking Calvin Johnson.  They have to give Edwards a little more time to emerge.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #11 : January 05, 2007, 09:56:10 AM »

Just as long as we don't draft Quinn or Russell, I should be happy with who we get. Adams and Thomas would be my first in line, and then Johnson. If we draft Thomas we need to go defense with every other pick in the draft. We would still have at least 3 first day players on that side of the ball then.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
« #12 : January 05, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »

I personally wouldnt mind drafting a potential Franchise QB, but I dont like the fact that we have no one for him to learn from, and if we did, Grads would have done way better IMO, there for I say we get our future QB from Free agency.....

lets go with #1 Adams, #2a (insert best available WR here), #2b (insert bbest availabble DT here)

just my observations...

but back to these 2........I still say a #1 wasted on Quinn is a mistake on any team

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
« #13 : January 05, 2007, 10:13:04 AM »

There is a paucity of quality LT in the league and as previously they never seem to come up in FA. Wr on the other hand is not as rare as they seem to wear out their welcome see TO or Kee.

sma2680

Practice Squad

« #14 : January 05, 2007, 10:22:06 AM »

It will be interesting to see if any other junior QBs declare, like Brian Brohm or Colt Brennan.  I usually think it is dumb to plainly state things like "we should trade down for more picks", because so many factors play into whether that is even a possibility.  BUT, traditionally you have seen teams willing to trade up in the draft to get QBs, so perhaps we could get something via trade to move out of our spot and still get Thomas/Adams/Johnson if those other qbs are all bunched up at the top of the draft. 
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quinn Russell 1-2 « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools