Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who whould you rather have « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

acacius

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 05, 2007, 12:46:35 PM

God, none of the above.  And no, I don't agree that the Bucs would need one of those players if they can't get Johnson.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 05, 2007, 12:56:43 PM

Where is 4-none of the above?

I think that's the option I'd take as well.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

T-Bone

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 05, 2007, 01:35:35 PM

Moss

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 05, 2007, 01:42:04 PM

If I must choose I guess I'm going Moss as well. Would pick Ricky if I thought for a second he'd actually play.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 05, 2007, 01:49:32 PM

thats why we need calvin johnson its a no brainer 1st round pick anyone who has a different option really needs to watch our offense this year outside of joey galloway it was sad thank god we will have chris simms who wants to prove a point

I suspect convulated logic is better than no logic and your conclusion is simply the exception to the rule.

The Gruden offense requires competent skill players combined with a good Oline.  Simms can fit the bill perhaps, I would rather spend some to get  Garcia.  The wide outs need to be upgraded but not until the Oline and Dline are addressed.  Without the attention to the lines all the skill players in the world won't help.  And if nothing else, the past year spent playing most of the best in the NFL shows the lines need attention.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#20 : January 05, 2007, 01:50:29 PM

How about more playing time for our young guys? I'll take that option.

Who here doesn't think Stovall might be something special?
Wow... [banghead]...You guys do realize STOVALL has a 9/10 chance of being converted to TE...
Come 04/24/07, Roger Goodell will be calling out 1 of 2 names for the Bucs Draft Pick, CJ21 (Calvin Johnson) or JR2 (JaMarcus Russell)...

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#21 : January 05, 2007, 02:05:50 PM

Wow...you guys make it sound as if Simms, Grad-CHOKE-ski, and RATTMAN never threw for TD's...Now all of a sudden they can't do anything w/out a LT? Ha Ha, do you guys actually know anything about football, other than what you've played on TECMO BOWL (I mean atleast upgrade to MADDEN '07, that way, on each play you can ASK MADDEN or ASK COACH what type of play to run).

If you upgrade the QB position whether it be FA or DRAFT, he will play just as good if not better. If you upgrade the WR position whether it be FA or DRAFT (which is something we need, due to JG84 and MC80 not wanting to catch the ball nor extend their arms out or atleast make some kind of manuever to get to the ball, because they rather the ball hit them in the numbers. Not to mention the 9/10 possibility that MS85 moves to TE) then that should help our running game.

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

PirateBooty

Starter

#22 : January 05, 2007, 02:06:00 PM

Assuming we draft Joe Thomas...I'd go after Randy Moss.

PirateBooty

Starter

#23 : January 05, 2007, 02:09:36 PM

Wow...you guys make it sound as if Simms, Grad-CHOKE-ski, and RATTMAN never threw for TD's...Now all of a sudden they can't do anything w/out a LT? Ha Ha, do you guys actually know anything about football, other than what you've played on TECMO BOWL (I mean atleast upgrade to MADDEN '07, that way, on each play you can ASK MADDEN or ASK COACH what type of play to run).

If you upgrade the QB position, he will play just as good, if not better. If you upgrade/draft at WR (which is something we need, due to JG84 and MC80 not wanting to catch the ball nor extend there arms out or atleast make some kind of manuever to get to the ball, because they rather the ball hit them in the numbers. Not to mention the 9/10 possibility that MS85 moves to TE) then that should help our running game.
Riiiight. Cause Brady or Manning would work wonders behind the Raiders line. ::)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 05, 2007, 02:09:54 PM

Wow... [banghead]...You guys do realize STOVALL has a 9/10 chance of being converted to TE...
Come 04/24/07, Roger Goodell will be calling out 1 of 2 names for the Bucs Draft Pick, CJ21 (Calvin Johnson) or JR2 (JaMarcus Russell)...

Where are you getting this "9/10 chance Stovall becomes a tight end" stuff?  He ran a few reps there in training camp, so what?  He'll be a tight end if he can't keep his weight down, sure,  but what suggests to you that he can't?  You sound pretty sure Stovall is going to turn out a fat boy yet you have no evidence.

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#25 : January 05, 2007, 02:12:12 PM

Where are you getting this "9/10 chance Stovall becomes a tight end" stuff?  He ran a few reps there in training camp, so what?  He'll be a tight end if he can't keep his weight down, sure,  but what suggests to you that he can't?  You sound pretty sure Stovall is going to turn out a fat boy yet you have no evidence.
My friend ,do you read much or do you just watch what is posted on here?

Hallelujah holla back...

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#26 : January 05, 2007, 02:13:38 PM

If you upgrade the QB position, he will play just as good, if not better. If you upgrade/draft at WR (which is something we need, due to JG84 and MC80 not wanting to catch the ball nor extend there arms out or atleast make some kind of manuever to get to the ball, because they rather the ball hit them in the numbers. Not to mention the 9/10 possibility that MS85 moves to TE) then that should help our running game.
Riiiight. Cause Brady or Manning would work wonders behind the Raiders line. ::)
Aren't we talking about the BUCS here?
Why do people insist on saying we should draft someone, then when a valid point is brought up they compare it to a diff team?

Hallelujah holla back...

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 05, 2007, 02:14:11 PM

Where are you getting this "9/10 chance Stovall becomes a tight end" stuff? He ran a few reps there in training camp, so what? He'll be a tight end if he can't keep his weight down, sure, but what suggests to you that he can't? You sound pretty sure Stovall is going to turn out a fat boy yet you have no evidence.
My friend ,do you read much or do you just watch what is posted on here?

Yes.  And nowhere in the entire world has it been stated there's a 9/10 chance that Stovall is going to be a TE except in your posts.  Where are you getting this from?

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

#28 : January 05, 2007, 02:16:13 PM

You're right it didn't say 9/10 chance, it just said he may be moving to TE. He's is much more physical than MC80, and yes this was all brought up after a game he started in I believe and laid one of the top DB's on his ass...

Hallelujah holla back...

PirateBooty

Starter

#29 : January 05, 2007, 02:19:24 PM

Aren't we talking about the BUCS here?
Why do people insist on saying we should draft someone, then when a valid point is brought up they compare it to a diff team?
It's used as a dramatic example. So, DO you believe Brady or Manning would be successful behind the Raiders line?

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who whould you rather have « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools