Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who whould you rather have « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #30 : January 05, 2007, 02:20:16 PM »

You're right it didn't say 9/10 chance, it just said he may be moving to TE. He's is much more physical than MC80, and yes this was all brought up after a game he started in I believe and laid one of the top DB's on his ass...

It has been mentioned in passing but not for about 6 months now.  There is maybe 1/10 chance he moves to TE.  To arbitrarily make up 90% just to try to win an argument is a bit ridiculous.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #31 : January 05, 2007, 02:21:08 PM »

Wow...you guys make it sound as if Simms, Grad-CHOKE-ski, and RATTMAN never threw for TD's...Now all of a sudden they can't do anything w/out a LT? Ha Ha, do you guys actually know anything about football, other than what you've played on TECMO BOWL (I mean atleast upgrade to MADDEN '07, that way, on each play you can ASK MADDEN or ASK COACH what type of play to run).

If you upgrade the QB position, he will play just as good, if not better. If you upgrade/draft at WR (which is something we need, due to JG84 and MC80 not wanting to catch the ball nor extend there arms out or atleast make some kind of manuever to get to the ball, because they rather the ball hit them in the numbers. Not to mention the 9/10 possibility that MS85 moves to TE) then that should help our running game.
Riiiight. Cause Brady or Manning would work wonders behind the Raiders line. ::)
Aren't we talking about the BUCS here?
Why do people insist on saying we should draft someone, then when a valid point is brought up they compare it to a diff team?
It's used as a dramatic example. So, DO you believe Brady or Manning would be successful behind the Raiders line?

Yes.  Maybe not as succesful as they currently are, but they'd still be pretty good.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 05, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »

Wow...you guys make it sound as if Simms, Grad-CHOKE-ski, and RATTMAN never threw for TD's...Now all of a sudden they can't do anything w/out a LT? Ha Ha, do you guys actually know anything about football, other than what you've played on TECMO BOWL (I mean atleast upgrade to MADDEN '07, that way, on each play you can ASK MADDEN or ASK COACH what type of play to run).

If you upgrade the QB position, he will play just as good, if not better. If you upgrade/draft at WR (which is something we need, due to JG84 and MC80 not wanting to catch the ball nor extend there arms out or atleast make some kind of manuever to get to the ball, because they rather the ball hit them in the numbers. Not to mention the 9/10 possibility that MS85 moves to TE) then that should help our running game.
Riiiight. Cause Brady or Manning would work wonders behind the Raiders line. ::)
Aren't we talking about the BUCS here?
Why do people insist on saying we should draft someone, then when a valid point is brought up they compare it to a diff team?
It's used as a dramatic example. So, DO you believe Brady or Manning would be successful behind the Raiders line?
i seriously doubt they could....that raiders line is utterly pathetic....if Aaron Brooks cant throw then you know brady or manning aint...thats like asking a pig to eat with silverware

PirateBooty

Starter

« #33 : January 05, 2007, 02:30:13 PM »

My friend ,do you read much or do you just watch what is posted on here?

Ummm...

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

« #34 : January 05, 2007, 02:42:21 PM »

My friend ,do you read much or do you just watch what is posted on here?

Ummm...

Ha Ha...good point LITERALLY however, you cannot argue w/ the fact that JG84 and MC80 just want the ball to hit them in the numbers instead of making an additional manuever or something to catch the ball. There have been several plays where all they had to do was reach out and touch someone (like AT&T) or something i.e. THE FOOTBALL , but all they do is watch it go by. Go to YOUTUBE and look up CALVIN JOHNSON, then come back here and tell us he is not spectacular and something the bucs have been missing for some time now

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #35 : January 05, 2007, 02:52:51 PM »

Go to YOUTUBE and look up CALVIN JOHNSON, then come back here and tell us he is not spectacular and something the bucs have been missing for some time now

I've seen videos where he looked good. The videos impressed me about as much as the Larry Brackins footage.

« #36 : January 05, 2007, 03:03:41 PM »

Joe Thomas.

PirateBooty

Starter

« #37 : January 05, 2007, 03:05:26 PM »

however, you cannot argue w/ the fact that JG84 and MC80 just want the ball to hit them in the numbers instead of making an additional manuever or something to catch the ball.
I completely agree with you. Although, in Joey's defense, I believe, considering his age and injury history, he knows very well what his body can tolerate and will not risk the season on ONE play.
Go to YOUTUBE and look up CALVIN JOHNSON, then come back here and tell us he is not spectacular and something the bucs have been missing for some time now
Once again, I agree...but I believe we have bigger needs - namely our O & D Lines. As spectacular as CJ is, I believe he ranks 3rd on our list of needs.

You Got BUCd Up

Second String

« #38 : January 05, 2007, 03:08:36 PM »

I've seen videos where he looked good. The videos impressed me about as much as the Larry Brackins footage.
He is/was the ONLY playmaker that team had, he's almost always DOUBLE covered if not TRIPLE covered yet he still makes the big plays. Get off of Joe Thomas, you guys are all over him like you want to be his JOCK STRAP. Joe Thomas is not going to help our QB/WR as much as you think. Yes he is a spectacular player, but so is JR2/CJ21 and until our own fans quit ripping on whoever's under C or whichever WR doesn't make the plays needed, how can 1 think that Joe Thomas is going to help. Joe Thomas isn't going to help Simms batted balls, Grad-CHOKE-ski having his moments then showing why he was indeed a 6th round pick, and RATTMAN has only played 10 qtrs or less the season so I'm not sold on him either. We need either a solid QB via FA or draft and as far as a WR via draft, because who wants T.Oh what a loser, Jerry Porter, or Randy Mess ooops I mean Moss? Not I

"People make themselves out to be idiots... I'm just here to help them realize it."

Hallelujah holla back...

« #39 : January 05, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »

The videos impressed me about as much as the Larry Brackins footage.
He's not that good.

« #40 : January 05, 2007, 03:11:01 PM »

For one we've had this discussion, no QB will do anything if he's lying on his back, also Thomas won't? Hello he'll pancake his guy or re-direct him.

Grad-Choke-Ski? Is that the best you can come up with? Wow....

« #41 : January 05, 2007, 03:11:32 PM »

He is/was the ONLY playmaker that team had, he's almost always DOUBLE covered if not TRIPLE covered yet he still makes the big plays. Get off of Joe Thomas, you guys are all over him like you want to be his JOCK STRAP. Joe Thomas is not going to help our QB/WR as much as you think. Yes he is a spectacular player, but so is JR2/CJ21 and until our own fans quit ripping on whoever's under C or whichever WR doesn't make the plays needed, how can 1 think that Joe Thomas is going to help. Joe Thomas isn't going to help Simms batted balls, Grad-CHOKE-ski having his moments then showing why he was indeed a 6th round pick, and RATTMAN has only played 10 qtrs or less the season so I'm not sold on him either. We need either a solid QB via FA or draft and as far as a WR via draft, because who wants T.Oh what a loser, Jerry Porter, or Randy Mess ooops I mean Moss? Not I
Damn all these noobs from the TBBBBB...

« #42 : January 05, 2007, 03:13:08 PM »

Seriously man...I don't want to stop reading since guys like Rusty, Chev, DTG, Prefer, ect. make good points.....but God....

« #43 : January 05, 2007, 03:14:43 PM »

Seriously man...I don't want to stop reading since guys like Rusty, Chev, DTG, Prefer, ect. make good points.....but God....
Saying things like "Grad-choke-ski" and "RATTMAN" make it hard to take that guy seriously...

« #44 : January 05, 2007, 03:18:26 PM »

Saying things like "Grad-choke-ski" and "RATTMAN" make it hard to take that guy seriously...
Better than the posters who in mid sentence nearly break into tears while yelling DAMN YOU JON GRUDEN!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: who whould you rather have « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools