Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are rebuilding...I'm tired of bandaid players. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: January 07, 2007, 06:46:07 PM

Strecth caddy, good points bro, pefectly said IMHO. Last thing we need is to tie up $$$ on a 37 year old QB that will give us realistcally one good year. We need to get youth, guys like Ken Hamlin, Lance Briggs, Nate Clements, Asante Samuel, Cullen Jenkins (god help us the packers don't sign him). Bring back guys like Dwayne White. Our salary cap is looking great. If we can go out and get some top flight players, even if its only a couple people, do it!

IMHO our #1 priority should be getting Lance Briggs at all cost. I know we need DL, trust me but if we cannot get a DE or trade for Rodgers via FA then we will have to address that postion in the draft. Briggs is a rarity in the fact that he knows this scheme, is a proven probowler in this scheme and he is 26 years old.

I'm really hoping that we are proactive with Rice and try to part ways with him via Rodgers or trade for a pick (even if its not Detroit). I love Rice but lets get good and lets get young, like we have the opportunity to do. I think players want to come to tampa for a variety of reasons, coaches, players, location (no taxes). Now we just need to cross our fingers that we can land a few of these people in FA which is step one. Step 2 is see what we have added and plan our draft accordingly.

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 07, 2007, 06:22:55 PM

Nahhh I don't want any 37 year old QB starting next season. That wont be about making the Buccaneers franchise better it will only be about saving a job or 2.

Not necessarily. If Simms is the long-term plan at QB, he may need that.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#2 : January 07, 2007, 06:19:03 PM

Nahhh I don't want any 37 year old QB starting next season. That wont be about making the Buccaneers franchise better it will only be about saving a job or 2.

#3 : January 07, 2007, 06:09:15 PM

HDE,

Methinks he's crazy of he does.

Until we do something with the OL and DL, it probably won't matter who the QB is.

I agree, but a vet qb will be brought in and the way Garcia is looking right now, i'll take him.

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#4 : January 07, 2007, 04:49:09 PM

I know alot of people on here are rooting for some veteran players or at least a veteran Qb. I dont think we need Plummer or garcia at least not with a big contract. We have young players at alot of positions, Caddy,clayton, alex smith, simms, joseph, trueblood, buenning, white, ruud, and Winborn. Its very obvious that we are rebuilding, i hope allen and gruden go out and get young good players, honestly  i think we should not bring in any players over 27. We were 4-12 last year with alot of veterans on defense  and still finished with that record. I think the only veteran players we should keep is Galloway, ronde , Rice (unless we can get shaun rogers or 2nd rd pick) and maybe kelly. It is time to force Ruud into the MLB. Its time to trade or release Quarrels, alstott, wade, spires, Becht, phillips( because he is just garbage), and brooks unless he moves to the sam. I'm tired of the bucs getting bandaid players and trying to plug holes with veterans for 1 year. I love the bucs but if we are rebuilding which is obvious what we are doing, lets get young and let these players get game experience. We are not going to be in the superbowl next year and most likely not even the year after that.  Lets get young across the board.
Go bucs!!!!!!!!! ;D

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 07, 2007, 05:11:31 PM

Winborn is 28.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 07, 2007, 05:57:36 PM

HDE,

Methinks he's crazy of he does.

Until we do something with the OL and DL, it probably won't matter who the QB is.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

#7 : January 07, 2007, 05:48:31 PM

do u think Gruden is gonna tie his future to Simms?

#8 : January 07, 2007, 08:23:59 PM

Garcia would not bring much improvement to this offense. He needs a good system and team around him in order to succeed. He went to Cleveland and Detroit and had zero success because there was not enough talent around him. It would be the same case if he came here to Tampa, unfortunately.

#9 : January 07, 2007, 08:25:23 PM

I'll repeat..... does any one of you think Gruden will tie his future to Simms?

#10 : January 07, 2007, 08:26:15 PM

Doubt it...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 07, 2007, 08:28:53 PM

I've seen the late 30 year old acquistions that seem good only to be bad (Stuessie, Garner...), that is why I pass. If a QB was the only thing holding us down from making a run at the lombardi trophy I would feel differently, but that is not the case. For what we could sign Garcia for (5-8 mill. guaranteed), we could probably go out and get a starting safety in their mid 20's with some good upside (Hamlin, Lewis...), that should be able to contribute and play well for 5 years as opposed to 1 year which Garcia would be able to provide.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 07, 2007, 08:31:38 PM

I don't know about that. Gruden is on the record saying he wants to bring in a vet, so that should say enough. I just don't know what Garcia or anyother vet could do for this offense. Garcia has one year left guys, he is 37 and I don't think he would want to spend it here anyway. I think he loves the eagles and loves that team. He will be able to play a substantial part early in the season next year and be on that team that gives him a shot at winning something. I don't see how competing for a starting role here in tampa is that appealing to Garcia unless we talk more with cash which is something I don't think would be a good idea.

Baghead #2

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#13 : January 07, 2007, 08:58:16 PM

If we go after a vet QB, he needs to come cheap.  And of course, I'm talking about Brad Johnson.

Besides that, I agree with the youth movement.  I would keep Brooks, but aside from that, move the other guys out and bring in the youth.  I forsee next year being just as bad as this year, so why not groom some younger guys?

#14 : January 07, 2007, 09:00:38 PM

If we go after a vet QB, he needs to come cheap. And of course, I'm talking about Brad Johnson.

For what reason should we bring back dead-armed Brad Johnson?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are rebuilding...I'm tired of bandaid players. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools