Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are rebuilding...I'm tired of bandaid players. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

« #15 : January 07, 2007, 09:01:31 PM »

If we go after a vet QB, he needs to come cheap. And of course, I'm talking about Brad Johnson.

For what reason should we bring back dead-armed Brad Johnson?
His haircut is sharp and his socks clean.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

« #16 : January 07, 2007, 09:24:35 PM »

Because he can run this offense and he will come alot cheaper than Plummer and Garcia.

« #17 : January 07, 2007, 09:25:27 PM »

Because he can run this offense and he will come alot cheaper than Plummer and Garcia.
I like Brad, but I honestly hope it wouldn't come to that.

« #18 : January 07, 2007, 09:27:07 PM »

Yeah the way things have gone the past 2-3 years it's time to officially starting REBUILDING for the future,
and forget about getting quick fixes just to try and get back to the SuperBowl quickly(cause that is not where
we're at right now realistically).

« #19 : January 07, 2007, 09:28:35 PM »

Hamlin, Briggs, and either Grant or Smith would be fine by me....stay the hell away from Jared Allen please.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 07, 2007, 09:31:22 PM »

Seriously though, Rattay IS a vet backup and a good WC QB. I just don't know why the move needs to be made.

I think we should have either gotten Garcia and drafted a QB for the future or just stuck with Simms and Rattay, we don't need Simms and a vet, we can get Rattay for cheap....

If you want Garcia then trade Simms for whatever and get Garcia and draft a QB, but not both...

Baghead #2

« #21 : January 07, 2007, 09:33:53 PM »

Try and draft Russell and make him battle it out with Rattay fot the number 2 & 3 spots, and then hand it over
to Simms this year while getting Russell ready for the 2008 season.

« #22 : January 07, 2007, 09:36:44 PM »

I'd be okay with drafting a QB....but only if Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, and Gaines Adams are off the boards....and I wouldn't want 'Mr. Wonderful' Brady Quinn, nor Lazy Russell....why'd Jay Cutler have to graduate last year?

Brian Brohm, Troy Smith, or Trent Edwards / one of the guys with a lot of work to be done to (Kolb, Palko, Zabransky, Tate)  FTW!

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 07, 2007, 09:39:10 PM »

Try and draft Russell and make him battle it out with Rattay fot the number 2 & 3 spots, and then hand it over
to Simms this year while getting Russell ready for the 2008 season.

Not a bad propossal but I'm not really in the mood for a R1 QB with the holes we have. I know the QB is one of them but since we signed simms i'm cool to see what he has for one more freaking time. Not a bad idea though but I would rather not opt to draft a QB.

Best case to draft a QB IMHO would have been to sign Garcia, let whoever sit and learn for a year. I think siging Simms makes drafting a QB a little less crucial. We do need a QB though...

Baghead #2

« #24 : January 07, 2007, 09:40:28 PM »

Russell is the 2nd coming of Steve McNair & Daunte Culpepper combined, if we pass on him there won't be another like that for at least 4-5 years.

« #25 : January 07, 2007, 09:42:09 PM »

Russell is the 2nd coming of Steve McNair & Daunte Culpepper combined, if we pass on him there won't be another like that for at least 4-5 years.
Wasn't VY the next McNair? Also I just don't like the lazy reports, once Jon interviews him and makes the decision if he is indeed lazy or is just a product of bad press then I could possibly warm to it, but right now I wouldn't touch him.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 07, 2007, 09:42:46 PM »

I'd be okay with drafting a QB....but only if Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, and Gaines Adams are off the boards....and I wouldn't want 'Mr. Wonderful' Brady Quinn, nor Lazy Russell....why'd Jay Cutler have to graduate last year?

Brian Brohm, Troy Smith, or Trent Edwards / one of the guys with a lot of work to be done to (Kolb, Palko, Zabransky, Tate)  FTW!

Ehh I believe the kid Kolb from Houston might be around in the 2nd or 3rd round.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 07, 2007, 09:42:59 PM »

No arguement from me on Russell, he appears to be the man.

I really would have liked to have signed Garcia and drafted a QB but we have Simms and as I said drafting a QB in round 1 is less of a priority at least to me.

Baghead #2

gone

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 07, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »

The thing  with working on longterm success is you can't totally forego short term success as well.  You can't say, "OK, let's go 2-14 the next 2 years to become the best team 4 years from now".  You need to maintain a certain level of productivity even during the down times.  There are always bumps in the road, but there are some bright spots as well.  05 was bright, 06 was a bump.  We need a decent QB in 07, and Simms isn't it.  Grads prolly isn't either.  That's why you'll see Garcia being hunted.  He's got a couple of years in him at least.  There's nothing wrong with tying up decent cash in a decent QB for a few years to buy time to rebuild other areas while maintaining an acceptable level of success.

« #29 : January 07, 2007, 09:44:56 PM »

Brian Brohm, Troy Smith, or Trent Edwards / one of the guys with a lot of work to be done to (Kolb, Palko, Zabransky, Tate) FTW!

Ehh I believe the kid Kolb from Houston might be around in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 225 | 40-Time: 4.85  

Official Bio

Â Strengths:
Arm strength is more than adequate and he has a very quick release...Strong and has a solid build...Protects the ball and has a good career TD / INT ratio...Durable and has a lot of experience...Solid athlete who can run a little and hurt defenses with his feet...Has everything you look for from an intangibles standpoint in terms of leadership, brains and work ethic...Extremely productive throughout his career.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the ideal height that you look for...Passing numbers were inflated by playing in a passing system...Accuracy is dodgy, especially on deep balls...Gets too many passes batted down at the line...Worked mostly out of the shotgun...Is going to have to learn how to run a pro style offense and read defenses...Didn't always play against top competition...Mechanics and throwing motion need work.

Notes:
Last name is pronounced "Cobb"...Burst onto the scene as a true freshman and ultimately became one of the most prolific passers in NCAA history...There is a lot to like about this guy but he is a tough prospect to project and he'll have to fight the "System Quarterback" label...Could surprise and end up starting for someone.  

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are rebuilding...I'm tired of bandaid players. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools