Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are rebuilding...I'm tired of bandaid players. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : January 07, 2007, 10:13:48 PM

Manning also through for I believe 26 or 28 td's in his first season

#46 : January 07, 2007, 10:15:03 PM

Manning also through for I believe 26 or 28 td's in his first season
26 TDs 28 INTs, I was referring to the W/L totals...obviously his numbers show he could light it up while Bruce's don't.

#47 : January 07, 2007, 10:17:21 PM

Yea you have a point with the W/L, Manning went 2-14 that season.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 07, 2007, 10:20:23 PM

I'd be okay with drafting a QB....but only if Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, and Gaines Adams are off the boards....and I wouldn't want 'Mr. Wonderful' Brady Quinn, nor Lazy Russell....why'd Jay Cutler have to graduate last year?

Brian Brohm, Troy Smith, or Trent Edwards / one of the guys with a lot of work to be done to (Kolb, Palko, Zabransky, Tate) FTW!

Ehh I believe the kid Kolb from Houston might be around in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 225 | 40-Time: 4.85 

Official Bio

Strengths:
Arm strength is more than adequate and he has a very quick release...Strong and has a solid build...Protects the ball and has a good career TD / INT ratio...Durable and has a lot of experience...Solid athlete who can run a little and hurt defenses with his feet...Has everything you look for from an intangibles standpoint in terms of leadership, brains and work ethic...Extremely productive throughout his career.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the ideal height that you look for...Passing numbers were inflated by playing in a passing system...  [banghead] Accuracy is dodgy, especially on deep balls ...Gets too many passes batted down at the line...Worked mostly out of the shotgun  [banghead] ...Is going to have to learn how to run a pro style offense and read defenses...Didn't always play against top competition...Mechanics and throwing motion need work.

Notes:
Last name is pronounced "Cobb"...Burst onto the scene as a true freshman and ultimately became one of the most prolific passers in NCAA history...There is a lot to like about this guy but he is a tough prospect to project and he'll have to fight the "System Quarterback" label...Could surprise and end up starting for someone. 

That sounds disturbingly familar

#49 : January 07, 2007, 10:21:04 PM

Yea you have a point with the W/L, Manning went 2-14 that season.
Yeah and Aikman only had a single victory, again I'm not saying Bruce is on the same level, just saying you can't take W-L or in some cases stats into huge account when judging rookie QBs.

#50 : January 07, 2007, 10:22:01 PM

I'd be okay with drafting a QB....but only if Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, and Gaines Adams are off the boards....and I wouldn't want 'Mr. Wonderful' Brady Quinn, nor Lazy Russell....why'd Jay Cutler have to graduate last year?

Brian Brohm, Troy Smith, or Trent Edwards / one of the guys with a lot of work to be done to (Kolb, Palko, Zabransky, Tate) FTW!

Ehh I believe the kid Kolb from Houston might be around in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 225 | 40-Time: 4.85 

Official Bio

Strengths:
Arm strength is more than adequate and he has a very quick release...Strong and has a solid build...Protects the ball and has a good career TD / INT ratio...Durable and has a lot of experience...Solid athlete who can run a little and hurt defenses with his feet...Has everything you look for from an intangibles standpoint in terms of leadership, brains and work ethic...Extremely productive throughout his career.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the ideal height that you look for...Passing numbers were inflated by playing in a passing system... [banghead]Accuracy is dodgy, especially on deep balls  [banghead]...Gets too many passes batted down at the line...Worked mostly out of the shotgun...Is going to have to learn how to run a pro style offense and read defenses...Didn't always play against top competition...Mechanics and throwing motion need work.

Notes:
Last name is pronounced "Cobb"...Burst onto the scene as a true freshman and ultimately became one of the most prolific passers in NCAA history...There is a lot to like about this guy but he is a tough prospect to project and he'll have to fight the "System Quarterback" label...Could surprise and end up starting for someone. 

That sounds disturbingly familar
Yes, sounds like Bruce, I believe another QB prospect who I read up on sounds like Bruce as well...I want to say Trent Edwards but something tells me it was Palko.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 07, 2007, 10:23:30 PM

so he has problems with his accuracy on deep balls, he gets balls batted down, and he ran the shotgun in college. we dont need a simms-gradkowski hybrid that doesnt fit the system.

#52 : January 07, 2007, 10:25:24 PM

so he has problems with his accuracy on deep balls, he gets balls batted down, and he ran the shotgun in college. we dont need a simms-gradkowski hybrid that doesnt fit the system.
I'd say Drew Tate, but I'm not all too familiar with him.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#53 : January 07, 2007, 10:30:19 PM

I'd say Drew Tate, but I'm not all too familiar with him.

Id rather have Drew Stanton here before Drew Tate but Stanton would cost us a higher draft pick.

#54 : January 08, 2007, 03:00:58 AM

I believe we are giving up on Simms too quickly. If we implament the shotgun and make some changes, I think we may see a totally different Simms next year. I agree with stretchcaddy in that our D needs help NOW! We are damn near elderly by todays standards and thats coming from a guy who shows much manlove towards Brooks and co. I'm just not sold on the idea that we do not have the players in place to win (dont forget all the injuries) I agree that we need more depth but......
 Here's hoping to next year!

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#55 : January 08, 2007, 06:30:48 AM

HDE,

Methinks he's crazy of he does.

Until we do something with the OL and DL, it probably won't matter who the QB is.

I couldn't agree more. It's ridiculous with all of these discussions about this player or that player. Fix the lines. We can't run the ball, we can't pass the ball, we can't pressure the QB and we're average against the run exposing the weakness in the secondary. Fix both lines and the rest will take care of themselves.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 08, 2007, 09:33:37 AM

If Brennan comes out, I think he would fit in nicely in a WCO.  He isn't a pure run and shoot QB, this guy can go deep with accuracy.

BTW, what a college coaching staff there.  June Jones, Mouse Davis, and Jerry Glanville.  Say what you will about them, and deserved so,  in the pros, but those are 3 pretty high powered guys for college.

Tate is a 7th round pick type of guy.  Guttsy and willing, but not much physical talent.  He was really coached up by Ferentz. 
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We are rebuilding...I'm tired of bandaid players. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools