Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye vs Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

: January 07, 2007, 06:56:51 PM

If Thomas and CJ are off the board AND we havent signed a DE where would we go? Bruce said the biggest problem was pressure on the qb. Does Okoye at age 19 present a enough upside to justify him here?

watson

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 07, 2007, 07:03:29 PM

I think it depends on who they get in FA or via trade.  It will also depend on how Okoye grades out at the combine.  He looked good in the bowl game, but there were some other games where he did not show the same disruptiveness.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

psymun

Starter
#2 : January 07, 2007, 07:05:42 PM

CJ as in Calvin Johnson? Has he declared?

CJ as in Charles Johnson would be a good pick if we trade down... I think he could play inside or out...

Okoye is a first rounder... but not that high... He's also more of a NT and we need a UT...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 07, 2007, 07:05:55 PM

FB, intersting point. I'm from the ville, really have seen a lot of Okoy and feel he and Marcus Thomas would be great fits here in our scheme. Thomas is more of a "safety valve" with the potiential to be had in R2-R3.  I think Gaines Adams is really nice player as well. If we do acquire a DE via FA and Joe Thomas and CJ are off the board I would like to see the selection go to Okoye. As you mentioned he is young which is a tremendous upside if he pans out. I think Okoye will test incredibly at the combine and continue to move up boards, as he has. Gaines Adams is THE best DE in the draft hands down. I think it all determines are a number of factors, who do we acquire via FA/trade is the big one.

To answer your question, "If Thomas and CJ are off the board AND we havent signed a DE where would we go". I would have to say at that point you have got to go Gaines Adams, you just have too. I think a great UT is more rare to find than a DE but if we have nothing at DE then we have to address that, esp if Joe Thomas and CJ are off the board.

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 07, 2007, 07:07:28 PM

Okoye is a first rounder... but not that high... He's also more of a NT and we need a UT...

Okoye is the defenition of an UT...

Baghead #2

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 07, 2007, 07:14:47 PM

Both should be at the senior bowl will be interesting to hear Scott's take on them

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 07, 2007, 07:16:47 PM

He's also more of a NT and we need a UT...

Huh?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 07, 2007, 07:21:33 PM

Yeah I saw a link about the players that plan to participate in that bowl, should be interesting. I think both will dominate in one on one matchups in practice (which will be televised, don't miss it) Okoye is an absolute stud and is as good a person as he is a player. Adams is a great talent as I mentioned. I think it just comes down to need. I am really crossing my fingers for a DT along the lines of Okoye (should JT and CJ be off the board and we acquire a DE via FA) or we draft marcus thomas in R2- R3. I think its imperative we get that UT in here this year. Without that presence you can ride any DE out wide and past the QB.

Don't forget about this as well. Should CJ, JT be off the board that will leave at least one of Brady Quinne or Jamarcus Russell on the board. Its not out of the realm of possibility that if that position is intact on the board that we don't select the QB.

Baghead #2

#8 : January 07, 2007, 07:22:16 PM

The Tivo shall be burning up during the practices..thank God for NFL Network.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 07, 2007, 07:35:57 PM

Yeah you know that! It will give a great look at Joe Thomas going thru one on ones against Gaines Adams as well, that should be fun!!! 

Baghead #2

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 07, 2007, 07:37:26 PM

Damn you Brighthouse

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#11 : January 07, 2007, 07:41:01 PM

I would love to get Okoye, and adams, but I dont see them both comming here, unless Okoye screws up in the combine, pushing him out a few rounds, and then we pick him up in the 2nd...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#12 : January 07, 2007, 07:44:56 PM

Damn you Brighthouse
  I second that!

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#13 : January 07, 2007, 07:45:38 PM

Damn you Brighthouse
I second that!

I dont get it

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

#14 : January 07, 2007, 07:49:18 PM

Yeah you know that! It will give a great look at Joe Thomas going thru one on ones against Gaines Adams as well, that should be fun!!!
I cannot wait, last year's Sr. Bowl practices really fueled my ambition for Nick Mangold.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye vs Adams « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools