Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye vs Adams « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #30 : January 08, 2007, 10:50:32 AM »

Its all about that signal strength. If you have it on a good place like your chimney where you get a good signal you should be good. Now you have a lot of defoliate covering or blocking your signal path then you wont have a strong signal and you will lose that signal with rain, snow or high winds that shake your dish.

Baghead #2

LVBUC

Practice Squad

« #31 : January 08, 2007, 10:57:33 AM »

The new Direct TV units are much better than the old units.  They very seldom lose signal.  If you area football fan it is a must.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 08, 2007, 11:09:04 AM »

DTG is right. You want to be in the 90's. If you are in the 90's it takes a lot to knock that signal off.

LVBUC, they are much better you are right as well.

Baghead #2

« #33 : January 08, 2007, 11:36:18 AM »

Okoye is a first rounder... but not that high... He's also more of a NT and we need a UT...

Okoye is the defenition of an UT...

My fear is that at 6'1" 320 lbs. and only 19 years old, he may outgrow what we really want.  I'm a huge Glenn Dorsey fan.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #34 : January 08, 2007, 11:42:45 AM »

Okoye is a first rounder... but not that high... He's also more of a NT and we need a UT...

My fear is that at 6'1" 320 lbs. and only 19 years old, he may outgrow what we really want. I'm a huge Glenn Dorsey fan.

I agree that Dorsey would be a great fit.  But keep in mind that this FO tends to choose seniors over juniors because they feel that they are more NFL ready.  Who knows, things might shake up a bit after combine/pro day measurables.

« #35 : January 08, 2007, 11:44:47 AM »

My fear is that at 6'1" 320 lbs. and only 19 years old, he may outgrow what we really want. I'm a huge Glenn Dorsey fan.

I agree that Dorsey would be a great fit.  But keep in mind that this FO tends to choose seniors over juniors because they feel that they are more NFL ready.  Who knows, things might shake up a bit after combine/pro day measurables.

Yeah, I hear you...but I have a gut feeling on Dorsey...I just think VERY highly of him.  He is my pick of the draft as in "if the Bucs get one player..."

Of course, I am not a football professional, though... :)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #36 : January 08, 2007, 11:47:30 AM »

I agree that Dorsey would be a great fit. But keep in mind that this FO tends to choose seniors over juniors because they feel that they are more NFL ready.

Wish they would have followed thru with that when they took kenyatta  [banghead]

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #37 : January 08, 2007, 11:48:31 AM »

Dorsey is a stud, no question. I like Okoye more for his age and I just have seen him play more but from what I know about Dorsey he will be a stud.

This is turning out to be a very good DT draft class IMHO, especially in the first 2 rounds...

Baghead #2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #38 : January 08, 2007, 11:58:20 AM »

Dorsey is a stud, no question. I like Okoye more for his age and I just have seen him play more but from what I know about Dorsey he will be a stud.

This is turning out to be a very good DT draft class IMHO, especially in the first 2 rounds...

As I've said elsewhere, if we have the opportunity to trade down and pick up Dorsey, and use the pick we gain to trade back into the first to pick a WLB (Timmons?), we have the opportunity to build around a new defensive nucleus as we did with Sapp/Brooks.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #39 : January 08, 2007, 12:14:37 PM »

Bradentonian not a bad idea. I don't know what the hell to think at this point. We need to get thru with free agency first and see where we need to go in the draft. I am with you though on getting some defensive help, absolutely with ya.

Baghead #2

shall555

Starter

« #40 : January 08, 2007, 02:40:08 PM »

Okoye's age scares me. 19 is just too young for the NFL. I don't care what his measureables are. He is basically a college freshman. His body will take a pounding in the pros, and may not properly develop to its maximum potential. I honestly think the brutality could stunt his growth. He is a boy among men.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #41 : January 08, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »

Okoye's age scares me. 19 is just too young for the NFL. I don't care what his measureables are. He is basically a college freshman. His body will take a pounding in the pros, and may not properly develop to its maximum potential. I honestly think the brutality could stunt his growth. He is a boy among men.

You're kidding right?

Have you never heard of a Man Child? I mean this kid is already 315 lbs at 6 ft and change. I must say I think he'll be doing the majority of the pounding. Not only that, but he's graduating at the age of 19, this tells me that he went to college at a very early age and he must be very intelligent. A 19 year old senior with a crystal clear background should point to maturity.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #42 : January 08, 2007, 02:52:10 PM »

Okoye dominated in college ball. I think his age is a big time selling point to any would be team that needs a DT.

Baghead #2

shall555

Starter

« #43 : January 08, 2007, 03:12:01 PM »

You're kidding right?

Have you never heard of a Man Child? I mean this kid is already 315 lbs at 6 ft and change. I must say I think he'll be doing the majority of the pounding. Not only that, but he's graduating at the age of 19, this tells me that he went to college at a very early age and he must be very intelligent. A 19 year old senior with a crystal clear background should point to maturity.

Man Child or not. There is a reason why the NFL fights to keep sophomores from declaring for the draft...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #44 : January 08, 2007, 03:13:18 PM »

Shalla you are right but if you watch the tape on Okoye you will see that he is certainly strong enough and physical enough to play in the NFL. He had 30 to 40 something solo tackles for a DT, that is amazing. He is unstoppable one on one. Check him out in Mobile in a few weeks.

Baghead #2
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Okoye vs Adams « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools