Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More on Calvin Johnson: « previous next »
Page: 1

nflinsider

Starter

: January 07, 2007, 08:40:44 PM

From the St. Paul Pioneer Press
Georgia Tech junior wide receiver Calvin Johnson is reportedly gauging the Raiders' interest in him, and may elect not to declare for the NFL Draft if Oakland seems poised to take him No. 1 overall. This appears to be a stretch, considering he'll be guaranteed roughly $25 million. NBC's Peter King reported Saturday that Oakland would likely choose LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell with the top pick. Jan. 7 - 11:25 am et

Also interesting how LSU's QB JaMarcus Russell stock has risen. Several draft sites say that he's had some off the field issues as well as is work ethic has been questioned

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 07, 2007, 08:48:38 PM

Also interesting how LSU's QB JaMarcus Russell stock has risen. Several draft sites say that he's had some off the field issues as well as is work ethic has been questioned

Sounds like he would fit right in with Oakland

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 07, 2007, 08:51:03 PM

Sounds like he would fit right in with Oakland

HAHA, I was thinking the samething!!

Man that would be lovely should the Raiders select Russell, I would be loving that!

Baghead #2

zed

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 07, 2007, 08:54:38 PM

Just threaten to play baseball if the Raiders pick him.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#4 : January 08, 2007, 11:07:35 AM

Look at it this way.

Cj is waiting to be the #1 overall pick - as probably he should be. Based on this speculation, if true - the decision absolutely doesn't affect us. The Lions selection is likely unaffected by the Raiders choice between Russell and Johnson. I doubt Marinelli will take someone with Russell's work ethic, and he certainly won't draft Johnson. And since the Raiders will either select Russell or Johnson the decision doesn't really matter.

The main concern of course then becomes Cleveland. Worst-case scenario is we get the 4th pick. In that case, Cleveland is a possible threat to draft JT. Although, I think the benefit for us is that Cleveland signed Schaeffer to a relatively big contract last season.

Bottom line - JT, looks like you'll get to wear the red & white again. Looks like a Buenning & Thomas re-union in 2007.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More on Calvin Johnson: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools