Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons hire Bobby Petrino! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : January 08, 2007, 01:28:45 PM

At first glance I thought that said "Joe Paterno"

First thought in my head was "Oh, hell no..."

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#46 : January 08, 2007, 02:49:43 PM

D'oh - how could I forget - John McKay also came straight from college

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#47 : January 08, 2007, 04:03:38 PM

People what is all this talk about Vick leaving Atl. The falcons can't cut him or trade him because his cap hit would be near $30 milllion. The only thing they can do is to ask Vick to switch positions or something like that other wise they could bench him. Vick is on Atlanta's roster for at least the next 2 season barring a restructure.

a smart coach would take him out from behind center on a full-time basis, though, and i think a college coach is more open to gadget plays and option trickery that might actually make the ATL offense difficult to defend while also building a credible passing attack under schaub.

vick may not be the starting QB,  but that might be the worst thing for us as division rivals

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#48 : January 08, 2007, 07:11:55 PM

Well, Vick can finally go back tot he college style offense he has so desperately wanted (I think).

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Falcons hire Bobby Petrino! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools