Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp on Penn and Monte « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

TURBO

Hall of Famer

« #15 : December 03, 2008, 11:12:18 PM »

uh oh, drama-fest has started again...

Boid, is something in your life making you on the defense lately?  All of this nonsense is below the poster you used to be...

Makes no dif to me, but if you keep this up, you are gonna get a label, and once you have a label...

Anyway, no offense intended, but your posting style has taken a turn as of late, hope all is well.

Carry on...

« #16 : December 03, 2008, 11:16:14 PM »

Boid, is something in your life making you on the defense lately? All of this nonsense is below the poster you used to be...

Makes no dif to me, but if you keep this up, you are gonna get a label, and once you have a label...

Anyway, no offense intended, but your posting style has taken a turn as of late, hope all is well.

Carry on...

I second that..... B-Fink, are you ok?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #17 : December 03, 2008, 11:17:07 PM »

The thread was not started picking sides on any issue with Monte. The thread was started for info purposes only. I was surprised by what the guy said on the show. Period.

« #18 : December 03, 2008, 11:18:59 PM »

The thread was not started picking sides on any issue with Monte. The thread was started for info purposes only. I was surprised by what the guy said on the show. Period.

Dude, explanation not needed.

I wish i had seen it myself. Forgot about it tonite.... will have to catch the replay.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
« #19 : December 03, 2008, 11:26:22 PM »

Boid, is something in your life making you on the defense lately? All of this nonsense is below the poster you used to be...

Carry on...
Listen Turbs, my posting style is the same.

I just choose to laugh at some of the posters who think it is their duty to assume I am picking a fight, as William Wallace would say.  Where in my OG post in this topic did I assume the role of an antagonist?  As falsely accused by Sucher, who has his mind set up on attacking ANYTHING I post with such a label?

So I choose to argue the counter, because the guy is not a good poster at all.  HIs posts are dismal, and lack a lot of insight.  But aside from that, he gets offended about anything Ipost, and fails to heed his own advice...so isn't he just as immature?  to me, yup.  

BTW, as related to this topic, I am on Kiffs side, because Sapp is a blowhard.  Kiff is still here, and has a great track record as the leader of this defense, regardless of the "horses".  And when do you hear about Kiff pimping himself?  If Monte is about Monte, where is the proof of this nonsense?  Methinks Sapp is just a bit of an attention hog who cannot deal with ANYONE biting into the success of the defensive pie that is cooked by Monte FIRST AND FOREMOST.

Ya know what? I dont have the writing skills that some of you do, I dont have the football knowledge that some of you think you have, what I do is try to contribute and when I did that in a previous thread you trashed the hell out of me. So was I overly defensive in this thread? Perhaps. I wont apologize for my POV on Garcia nor anything else Bucs related. If you find my posts ridiculous, that fine as well. Whatever. My life goes on regardless of what some internet poster thinks of me...

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #20 : December 03, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmm, very, very interesting.

You don't have to be an admirer of Gruden to know it was Monte's decision to rid the team of Sapp and Lynch.

I think we're close here to the reason for the tirade...

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

« #21 : December 03, 2008, 11:32:45 PM »

Seems like people are forgetting something. Sapp LOOOVES to be the center of attention. Imvho, the guy can't shut his yap, and may say something he might regret later on. He was a great player and all, but he did JACK on the Raiders. That in itself shows that Kiff had a lot to do with his great playmaking abilities, not to mention had FAITH in him to get the job done.

I could see how a Great coach could be hated on AFTER the fact. Some of "Cow-hairs" Steelers mentioned that he worked them too hard. Honestly, Sapp probably could've done just as well elsewhere, but I don't really think so. His work ethic went to crap w/o Kiff&Co. imo.

Way to "pay it forward" Sapp. Burn those bridges, while there's some left to burn.....

Next week on "Sapp's Smacktalk"..... Babies momma's: Should they get Child support or weed?  :D

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #22 : December 03, 2008, 11:40:06 PM »

Probably still a little ornery from losing on Dancing With the Stars as well...cut him some slack...

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

« #23 : December 03, 2008, 11:45:20 PM »

Monte Kiffin could be scheming the same defense for Detroit right now and they'd still be terrible on defense.

The scheme only goes so far if you don't have the players making it happen.. Kiffin isn't on the field getting pressure or defending passes.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #24 : December 03, 2008, 11:45:39 PM »

Capish Capice?

Unless you meant use all caps next time...in which case I sincerely apologize... ;)

DavyJonesLocker

Starter

« #25 : December 04, 2008, 12:46:55 AM »

Sorry Benchwarmer, but I would have hoped you knew a little more about what really was going on in Oakland. To try and diminish Sapp's accomplishments in the NFL, and try to use his tenure in Oakland as proof of your argument is weak at best.

Perhaps time has clouded your memory of the 40 something(44 I think) game streak of 1 sack and 1 turnover? If you don't realize just how much Sapp had to do with that, then I certainly won't be able to convince you.

Sapp the person was a jackass. Sapp wasn't always pleasant to fans. Some people will even go as far as to say Sapp hates white people. But Sapp the Tampa Bay Buccaneer was one of the top 3 greatest ever, and an argument can be made for LeeRoy, Brooks and Sapp as to which one is the best ever.

So hate Sapp the person all you want, it's your choice, your right, your opinion, and no one can take that away from you. But hating Sapp the player and trying to diminish his accomplishments.............................

BucNGator

Starter

« #26 : December 04, 2008, 12:57:37 AM »

Interestingly enough, the NFL website credits the scheme....... against the Saints anyway!

Everyone was talking about the Saints.

Despite a 6-5 record that positioned New Orleans at the bottom of the NFC South, the Saints had won two games in a row for the first time all season and re-entered the playoff discussion after throttling the Packers the week before.

Anatomy of a Play

NFL Films' Greg Cosell breaks down how two second-half interceptions by the Buccaneers kept the pass-happy Saints from emerging from Raymond James Stadium as victors. More ...

More Anatomy of a Play:

New Orleans traveled to Tampa Bay for a Week 13 divisional matchup against possibly the most overlooked 8-3 team in the NFL. For the Buccaneers to win, stopping the league's top-rated passing offense would be crucial.

Drew Brees, on pace to break Dan Marino's single-season passing record, had already torched the Buccaneers defense once this year, but last Sunday Tampa Bay stopped Brees when it counted most.

In our Anatomy of a Play segment this week, we break down two of the interceptions Brees threw in the second half against the Buccaneers.

Trailing by 10 points late in the third quarter, the Saints moved the ball down the field and were poised to cut into Tampa Bay's lead. When Brees surveyed the field prior to the snap, the Bucs were aligned as if they were in a man-to-man scheme. But once the ball was snapped, the defense wasn't what it seemed.

Bucs cornerback Ronde Barber, who had aligned in press-man position pre-snap, retreated into a three-deep zone coverage. The key was his zone turn. Brees anticipated Barber would turn out toward the sideline to cover his man, but instead Barber turned in, toward Brees and the intended receiver, Jeremy Shockey.

Barber read Brees and Shockey and saw the seam pass coming. He positioned himself perfectly and made a terrific play on a pass that Brees thought would be a touchdown. Linebacker Cato June intercepted the ball after it was tipped by Barber and made the big play for the Bucs defense.

The Saints were able to overcome that interception, tie the game at 20, and gain possession with less than three minutes remaining in the fourth quarter.

The ball was exactly where New Orleans wanted it, in the hands of Drew Brees.

But Brees was fooled again. This time by safety Jermaine Phillips, who initially acted like he was going to drop into deep coverage, but instead played underneath, in a robber coverage.

Brees didn't think Phillips would be a factor and hesitated slightly before releasing his pass over the middle to Marques Colston. That allowed Phillips more than enough time to jump the route and intercept the ball. It was one of the Cardinal Sins for a quarterback -- throwing late over the middle -- something Brees rarely does, and it determined the outcome of the game. Matt Bryant's game-winning field goal ensued.

These two interceptions were arguably the two most important plays of the game. And while Barber and Phillips both made great plays on the ball, it was the defensive scheme that caused confusion, camouflaged their coverage and put them in position to make the plays.

The Bucs have flown under the radar all season, almost as if they were wearing a disguise, and that's exactly how their defense defeated the Saints.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #27 : December 04, 2008, 01:43:59 AM »

Thought I'd start a thread on what I just saw on Showtime but B.Schucher beat me to it.

Anyway, through the magic of DVR here is what Sapp said about Monte:

In a segement about unsung heros, Simms brought up Monte and the Tampa D, and Sapp jumped in and disagreed saying:

"He's riding on a golden carriage that ME, Brooks, Ronde, and all those other guys pulled for years. And at no point have I ever heard Monte Kiffin give any of those horses that are pulling that carriage any love, ANY LOVE!

I've seen him in the middle of a game drawing up a zone dog in the middle of of a game and I looked at Brooks and said "you see your coordinator giving away our defense?"

It's all about him, it's always about him.

I'll bark him outa the building, I've heard all the stories."

(at this point Collinsworth jumps in) "wait, wait, wait...you're doggin your own guy??"

And Sapp replies:"My guy's Marinelli, My guy has always been Marinelli."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now my take:

I've met Sapp twice, very briefly both times, and in each case he was an arrogant stuck-up prick only concerned about himself.

I've met Monte several dozen times, and in each case his was very polite, somewhat quiet (almost shy), very humble, and never NEVER "about him".  In fact, if I was to compare his personality to anyone's (in non-football related situations) I'd say he reminded me a bit of Jimmy Stewart (humble, self depricating, and honest as all gosh darn).

So I haven't met Sapp enough to make an honest judgement of him (i.e. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) but based on my impessions of Monte I'd have to say, "Warren, you're full of Bovine Feces"

dbtb135

Practice Squad

« #28 : December 04, 2008, 05:38:36 AM »

Seems like people are forgetting something. Sapp LOOOVES to be the center of attention. Imvho, the guy can't shut his yap, and may say something he might regret later on. He was a great player and all, but he did JACK on the Raiders. That in itself shows that Kiff had a lot to do with his great playmaking abilities, not to mention had FAITH in him to get the job done.

I could see how a Great coach could be hated on AFTER the fact. Some of "Cow-hairs" Steelers mentioned that he worked them too hard. Honestly, Sapp probably could've done just as well elsewhere, but I don't really think so. His work ethic went to crap w/o Kiff&Co. imo.

He was already declining before he left, went to Oakland in a 3-4 defense he fit about as well as you or I did, then had his last hurrah of another 10 sack season. IMO, Kiffin didn't improve Sapp greatly. Sapp was an AMAZING player coming out of college. He was an AMAZING player here up until shortly after the SB run. The way he played really didn't need a ton of coaching up as compared to some of the guys that came here. He was a self-motivator (on the field, not as much in practice or the weight room) and probably the most physically gifted interior player of our time. Monte had nothing to do with either, unless he's Warren's illegitimate father. Warren's plamaking abilities had everything to do with his quickness which no interior OL could really match up with. You can't attribute quickness to SCHEME! His quickness went to crap in Oakland, and that was all she wrote. In his prime, he could have disrupted offensive lines for anyone.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 04, 2008, 06:02:59 AM »

It's all about him, it's always about him.

As if that doesn't apply to Sapp himself.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp on Penn and Monte « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools