Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp on Penn and Monte « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#75 : December 07, 2008, 04:12:41 AM

FWIW, sapp is just wrong here.  He tries to give all the credit to Marinelli and himself, while taking away from Monte.  Yet, since they have both left, our D has sustained a high level of play. Sapp's career fell off a cliff in Oaktown, and Marinelli is the poster boy for "the little engine that could"... sort of.

I love Sapp, hes my favorite Buc ever along with Atrain.  And our DL clearly took a hit after Rod left.  But this is Monte's defense.  It was Tony's defense but its been Monte's for quite some time.  Kiff is rocksolid.

He gave himself the same credit he gave to Lynch and Brooks. He didn't give any credit to Marinelli there, he just called him "his guy". Sapp was falling off before he left here. He wasn't dominant in 2003, and he wasn't really the same player in 2001 that he was in his prime years. He had 18.5 sacks in his last 3 years here, missing 1 game. He had 17.5 in the next 3 years in Oakland, missing 6 games. I'm sure he had more pressures here, but he also played with a worse pass rush in Oakland. And his first year there, he played 3-4 end as opposed to the UT role he fit perfectly.

People need to stop acting like he was amazing his last year here, and complete garbage in Oakland. You'd like to remember it that way, because it gives more credit to Kiffin.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sapp on Penn and Monte « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools