Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Comforting words from a Jets fan last Friday.... « previous next »
Page: 1

: January 07, 2007, 10:01:25 PM

There is a huge Jets fan who works at one of my stops out on my route for work, and he told me on Friday that "don't worry about your boys(the Bucs)because my Jets flat out SUCKED in '05 and then quickly bounced back to 10-6 and made the playoffs the following season".  ;D

*Unfortuneatly, his Jets got sent HOME today which he said he was expecting anyway.*

#1 : January 07, 2007, 10:02:58 PM

Comparisons are somewhat there since both lost their starting QBs, now if only we get our C and LT in the draft a la Brick and Nick.....here's hoping for Thomas and Mozes / Datish / Young / ...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 07, 2007, 11:00:12 PM

The Jets worked miracles this year.   We had more talent than they did.   I think a weak schedule had alot to do with their success though and that they will come back to earth next year.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#3 : January 07, 2007, 11:10:44 PM

The Jets worked miracles this year. We had more talent than they did. I think a weak schedule had alot to do with their success though and that they will come back to earth next year.

The Jets had the similar run to last years Bucs. Behind a good running game and a smart quarterback, they were able to get to the playoffs. They didn't have the '05 Bucs D but they still had a good defense this year. Also, the AFC East being the weskest division in the AFC didn't hurt.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : January 08, 2007, 09:26:57 AM

There are several differences between us and them. Their 1st round picks from this year and last year actually played like 1st round picks and they got rid of their head coach.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Comforting words from a Jets fan last Friday.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools