Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Salary cap hell « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

skip

Starter

: January 07, 2007, 10:02:26 PM

Absolutely rediculous to blame the Bucs current situation on salary cap issues. They have not appeared to have a problem signing guys like Stussie, Deese, and Garner. All big dollar guys, this at a time of so called salary cap problems. 
I have said it before and will again, if a team really wants a player they can work a deal to make it happen(ie: Lynch & Sapp). We will see this year how well the Bucs fair in signing free agents. We will be lucky to land a couple studs. The salary cap has been increased for all the teams, so the pickens will be slim based on the teams signing their own free agents.

#1 : January 07, 2007, 10:03:16 PM

huh?

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 07, 2007, 10:03:47 PM

Skip's a troll, just pass this one by

#3 : January 07, 2007, 10:03:54 PM

Right, have fun while your argument is torn to pieces.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#4 : January 07, 2007, 10:06:39 PM

The only thing he is correct on is the signings he mentioned.

skip

Starter

#5 : January 07, 2007, 10:12:49 PM

Fell free to tear my post to pieces. I'd like to see what you have to say but first take off the rose colored glasses.

#6 : January 07, 2007, 10:23:30 PM

Fell free to tear my post to pieces. I'd like to see what you have to say but first take off the rose colored glasses.
Put on your glasses and learn some Buc history, you posted in another thread that McKay was the one who decided to draft Brooks, Lynch, and Sapp....actually it was Sam Wyche, therefore it's obvious you know nearly nothing about Bucs history, and really you shouldn't be eligible to post topics on McKay, since quite honestly I don't think you're very qualified on the subject.

skip

Starter

#7 : January 07, 2007, 10:38:04 PM

rgjobucs1,
So wrong you are my friend. I know Bucs history since the inception of the franchise. So sorry I have offended you with your blind regard to the current situation with our beloved Bucs. Sounds to me that you don't follow the history very well with regard to this franchise. You seem to think that the brains of the draft in that era was with Mr. Sam Wyche  where as I am certain it was McKay. Rich Mckay was a powerful figure with this franchise for many years, he was instrimental in taking us to a become a winner.

#8 : January 07, 2007, 10:40:42 PM

rgjobucs1,
So wrong you are my friend. I know Bucs history since the inception of the franchise. So sorry I have offended you with your blind regard to the current situation with our beloved Bucs. Sounds to me that you don't follow the history very well with regard to this franchise. You seem to think that the brains of the draft in that era was with Mr. Sam Wyche where as I am certain it was McKay. Rich Mckay was a powerful figure with this franchise for many years, he was instrimental in taking us to a become a winner.
Right, you know I am wrong, I thought you were a Bucs fan, but it's clear you're only a fan of Mr. McKay, and what a great job he did after Sam left, Reidel, Jacquez, Kenyatta, McFarland, 'claps' and how about that bang-up job in Atlanta, he's a winner.

skip

Starter

#9 : January 07, 2007, 10:49:06 PM

rjgbucs1.
Its aparent that you have no history of this franchise. It was once a laughing stock of the nation, Johnny Carson used to make jokes about us. Hugh Culverhouse promoted John McKays son to General manager. Hugh passed away shortly there after leaving young Rich as General Manager. Under his general management we came out of our shell and actually became a contender. He drafted future hall of famers, he was instrimental in turning this franchise around here. Your stupidity is an insult to the history of this franchise.

#10 : January 07, 2007, 10:49:40 PM

Absolutely rediculous to blame the Bucs current situation on salary cap issues. They have not appeared to have a problem signing guys like Stussie, Deese, and Garner. All big dollar guys, this at a time of so called salary cap problems.
I have said it before and will again, if a team really wants a player they can work a deal to make it happen(ie: Lynch & Sapp). We will see this year how well the Bucs fair in signing free agents. We will be lucky to land a couple studs. The salary cap has been increased for all the teams, so the pickens will be slim based on the teams signing their own free agents.

The reason they signed these guys was that they were still in a pinch....not as much as they were latley some of which was from that....BUT at the time they signed these guys they still had dead money on the payroll...from McKay.

Plus get off the Jon/Bruce's back. I am sure they are not the only one that has made bad player decisions. A LA Mckay and Vick's 100 million dollar contact...Peerless Price as well.

Lets see how they spend this this year....if it isnt what it should be then he will be gone next year. We will bring in another coach and he will rebuild from the ashes

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 07, 2007, 10:51:33 PM

rgjobucs1,
So wrong you are my friend. I know Bucs history since the inception of the franchise. So sorry I have offended you with your blind regard to the current situation with our beloved Bucs. Sounds to me that you don't follow the history very well with regard to this franchise. You seem to think that the brains of the draft in that era was with Mr. Sam Wyche where as I am certain it was McKay. Rich Mckay was a powerful figure with this franchise for many years, he was instrimental in taking us to a become a winner.

Hilarious, once of the reasons McKay didn't like Wyche was that Wyche had full control over personell and that he only answered to Culverhouse. Remember, Wyche was coach before McKay became GM. What McKay was instrumental in was giving players large contracts when they didn't need them which has resulted in the cap hell that you say Gruden caused.

I will give McKay Alstott, Key, Rice, and Brad Johnson though, as those players were instrumental in getting to the Superbowl.

#12 : January 07, 2007, 10:54:38 PM

rjgbucs1.
Its aparent that you have no history of this franchise. It was once a laughing stock of the nation, Johnny Carson used to make jokes about us. Hugh Culverhouse promoted John McKays son to General manager. Hugh passed away shortly there after leaving young Rich as General Manager. Under his general management we came out of our shell and actually became a contender. He drafted future hall of famers, he was instrimental in turning this franchise around here. Your stupidity is an insult to the history of this franchise.
Two things: for one, I feel the same, and my second thought was : so that's what happened to John McKay Jr.! How's it going John? Tell your brother he's doing a great job in Atlanta.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 07, 2007, 11:01:26 PM

rjgbucs1.

Speaking of stupidity, every time you post on this board you are offered the use of a spell checker. I might recommend you use it next time.

That aside, and yes I am ragging on you a little bit for the fun of it, but there is a big difference between having lots of cap room before FA starts and convincing someone that they ought to come here and we can make some wiggle room if you say yes. One enures FA's come to you, the other means you have to go chasing them and invariably end up with 2nd or 3rd string rather than the cream of the crop. The Bucs have sufficient cap money to bag 1 maybe 2 big names. Personally I do not expect the flood of all stars that some seem to be expecting. IMO all the names that are being bandered about are unrealistic.  It seems that some expect every high quality FA to come running to Tampa. We MIGHT just bag one. After that we just need to improve.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 07, 2007, 11:02:39 PM

The reason they signed these guys was that they were still in a pinch....not as much as they were latley some of which was from that....BUT at the time they signed these guys they still had dead money on the payroll...from McKay.

Plus get off the Jon/Bruce's back. I am sure they are not the only one that has made bad player decisions. A LA Mckay and Vick's 100 million dollar contact...Peerless Price as well.

Lets see how they spend this this year....if it isnt what it should be then he will be gone next year. We will bring in another coach and he will rebuild from the ashes

Just to clarify, Peerless Price was already in Atlanta when McKay jumped ship to the Falcons in December of 2003.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Salary cap hell « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools