Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Eagles happen to get to the Superbowl this year « previous next »
Page: 1 2

« : January 07, 2007, 10:35:17 PM »

With Jeff Garcia...or possibly win it do you see a senerio where Mcnabb seems to be expendable to a potential win win  offer...a la a top 5 or a  second round draft pick or something like that?

« #1 : January 07, 2007, 10:36:23 PM »

ain't happening.

« #2 : January 07, 2007, 10:38:17 PM »

ain't happening.

What the Eagles making it to the SB or the possible deal with Donnovan?

Stranger things have occured....trust me.

Who saw us getting Keyshawn Johnson a few years ago.

If the Eagles won the superbowl with Jeff Garcia and next year they stared the season with Donnovan McNabb again...The Eagles fans would burn that place to the ground.

I believe the worst news for Donnovan in Philly is a Garcia led team making it to the superbowl.

The fans wont want him back

« #3 : January 07, 2007, 10:44:24 PM »

One thing that stuck out to me from Jon's last press conference was his statement about "absorbing contacts" through trades.

I expect him to do some interesting moves to upgrade this team NOW.  Mcnabb will do that

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 07, 2007, 10:48:40 PM »

I would take any of Philly's leftover QB's at this time..

But truth be told the Eagles wont win a Superbowl.. No way it's San Diego's or Baltimore's..imo.. 

defense just to good on both of those teams..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

« #5 : January 07, 2007, 10:51:01 PM »

If Philly strung Donnovan out there Gruden will be salavating!!!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 07, 2007, 10:57:10 PM »

I will laugh if the Eagles win a superbowl with Garcia after McNabb choked for all those years.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #7 : January 07, 2007, 11:05:14 PM »

Quarterback controversy in Philly would happen if Garcia wins the Eagles a Superbowl. Philly fans would have fantasies of a Gannonlike resurgence for Garcia and McNabb would demand to be traded or released by the team. Then he would sign with the Bucs and under Gruden be the centerpiece of one of the leagues most prolific offenses. The Bucs would then reach the playoffs many times and win another superbowl.

Truthfully though, the Eagles wont win the Superbowl. It is just not meant to be for them this year. Remember, they were beat by the Bucs, and any team that was beaten by the Bucs in the regular season never goes to win the superbowl.

« #8 : January 07, 2007, 11:06:21 PM »

Quarterback controversy in Philly would happen if Garcia wins the Eagles a Superbowl. Philly fans would have fantasies of a Gannonlike resurgence for Garcia and McNabb would demand to be traded or released by the team. Then he would sign with the Bucs and under Gruden be the centerpiece of one of the leagues most prolific offenses. The Bucs would then reach the playoffs many times and win another superbowl.

Truthfully though, the Eagles wont win the Superbowl. It is just not meant to be for them this year. Remember, they were beat by the Bucs, and any team that was beaten by the Bucs in the regular season never goes to win the superbowl.
Isn't also any team that plays at RJS as the road team has never won the SB?

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

« #9 : January 07, 2007, 11:13:29 PM »

Has that been confirmed? I would think that a superbowl winner has had to have played at RayJ at some point during the regular season.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 08, 2007, 12:44:17 AM »

I've always thought McNabb was wrong for the Andy Reid style of offense.   The Eagles have a better chance with Garcia than McNabb.

« #11 : January 08, 2007, 01:30:51 AM »

Please God...      no!          I have to watch every Eagles game and believe me I do not want McNabb. He is alot of hype and press but I would not pick him, he's nearing the end anyhow.   I just cant stand him, maybe I'm alone on this but that would make me sick. There are other options and I am of the opinion that our D needs the immediate attention, maybe the O will start to gel... I dont think we are that far away on Offense.... remember we had a ton of injuries! I think they will gel next year. I know we will bring in vet @QB but I'm betting on Simms to find his form of a year ago and beat them out.

« #12 : January 08, 2007, 08:18:17 AM »

Please God... no! I have to watch every Eagles game and believe me I do not want McNabb. He is alot of hype and press but I would not pick him, he's nearing the end anyhow. I just cant stand him, maybe I'm alone on this but that would make me sick. There are other options and I am of the opinion that our D needs the immediate attention, maybe the O will start to gel... I dont think we are that far away on Offense.... remember we had a ton of injuries! I think they will gel next year. I know we will bring in vet @QB but I'm betting on Simms to find his form of a year ago and beat them out.

I would usually agree with you....I am a simms fans....but I know Gruden. He will see a sure thing in Donnovan at leats to "get" to the playoffs. Also if he can get Philly to pay a portion of his contact he may get him at a cheap price....that combined he will do it if it comes up

replica

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 08, 2007, 08:31:10 AM »

I'd love to have Mcnabb here, but I don't see it happening. I agree with some of you that it's San Diego's superbowl (to lose?).. As long as the Pat's are in it I'll be nervous, hate em. I don't see the NFC beating the AFC this year..Philly fans are notorious for being idiots, but they are very well informed. Garcia is to old to hang your hat on, Mcnabb is the future of the Eagles for years to come.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #14 : January 08, 2007, 08:33:50 AM »

Gruden would say "McNabb has to learn how to stay healthy--how to fall."
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Eagles happen to get to the Superbowl this year « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools