Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Eagles happen to get to the Superbowl this year « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 08, 2007, 08:43:25 AM

One thing that stuck out to me from Jon's last press conference was his statement about "absorbing contacts" through trades.

I expect him to do some interesting moves to upgrade this team NOW. Mcnabb will do that
But isnt there talks that McNabb may be out as long as the start of next year and through the first month of the 07 regular season

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#16 : January 08, 2007, 09:33:39 AM

One thing that stuck out to me from Jon's last press conference was his statement about "absorbing contacts" through trades.

I expect him to do some interesting moves to upgrade this team NOW. Mcnabb will do that
But isnt there talks that McNabb may be out as long as the start of next year and through the first month of the 07 regular season
Possibly Nov.  Which is why the Iggles keep Garcia.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#17 : January 08, 2007, 10:28:15 AM

I thought the stat was that a team that the Bucs beat never won the SB that season

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 08, 2007, 10:41:33 AM

dilfer won a SB and was out the next year. i think garcia would be in the same boat, even the most irrational eagles fan would be going too far in saying they had a better chance to repeat with a 36-year old garcia than a 30-year-old mcnabb.

i can see them working hard to keep both guys, though, given the extent of donovan's injuries

but under no circumstances do i think it makes sense for philly to unload mcnabb

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 08, 2007, 10:45:12 AM

With Jeff Garcia...or possibly win it do you see a senerio where Mcnabb seems to be expendable to a potential win win  offer...a la a top 5 or a  second round draft pick or something like that?

Age difference say they don't make a switch. It does say they work very hard to keep Garcia.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Boriqua

Starter
#20 : January 08, 2007, 10:51:13 AM

I've always thought McNabb was wrong for the Andy Reid style of offense. The Eagles have a better chance with Garcia than McNabb.

But Andy Reid also runs the WCO. He came from the same tree as Gruden. If that was the case, how would McNabb fit here?

#21 : January 08, 2007, 01:40:25 PM

Isn't also any team that plays at RJS as the road team has never won the SB?

I think the stat is: No team has ever won a Super Bowl in the same year they have lost to the Buccaneers.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#22 : January 08, 2007, 01:52:34 PM

..... I didn't want the iggles to win last night.. but that westbrook has some skill...  I don't see them making it past the next round....   saints will win.  as for McNabb... I really doubt they would do anything with him but make him a starter next year.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#23 : January 08, 2007, 02:11:00 PM

Watch out for the Eagles this year. I really think this is their year. With Garcia and not McNabb in there, it almost seems too perfect.

At any rate, if Garcia wins the Super Bowl for the Eagles, McNabb has seen his last day in Philadelphia.

#24 : January 08, 2007, 02:20:51 PM

At any rate, if Garcia wins the Super Bowl for the Eagles, McNabb has seen his last day in Philadelphia.

I disagree.  Garcia's rise also is concurrent with Ried giving up the playcalling duties to Morninwheg (or mornin' wood...whatever.  Marty calls a much more balanced game, which I believe is just waht the doctors ordered for McNabb and the Eagles.  Imagine an offense with McNabb and Westbrook where play action would actually work.  McNabb would have more people in the box, more time to throw...and take less hits...

At least in theory.

I don't think this is all on McNabb.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If the Eagles happen to get to the Superbowl this year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools