Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you think of Randy Starks? « previous next »
Page: 1

psymun

Starter
: January 08, 2007, 12:32:25 PM

It'd difficult... because there's not a whole lot of talent out there at DT right now... I know he still has potential... but how much?

Also... Do you think that having Starks, Michael Lewis, Jamaal Anderson, Lawrence Timmons, and Brandon Merriweather would bring this defense back to greatness?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2007, 12:37:40 PM

Starks that is intriguing. He was highly touted and hasn't panned out but was suppose to be a force. He could be a find on the cheap...

I loved Lewis last year, hated him this year, he couldn't cover my pops. He could turn it around though. The safety I would like woud be ken "the hammer" hamlin. If we were to turn the defense around, in dream world I would get Briggs, Clements/samuel (either or) and Ken Hamlin. Draft Gaines Adams in the 1st and come back in R2 and go Aaron Rouse SS virginia tech and then come back and take Marcus Thomas DT Florida.

So you would have this infused to the defense (all youngsters some in their prime Briggs/Samuel/Clements)...
Lance Briggs
Ken Hamlin
Nate Clements or Asante Samuel
Gaines Adams
Aaron Rouse
Marcus Thomas

Baghead #2

Bucmaniac86

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 08, 2007, 12:40:49 PM

Michael lewis is trash trust me i live in the philly area, Starks would be very intriging but is he a FA? I havent heard a peep on him at all

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 08, 2007, 12:42:22 PM

Yeah where did you come up with starks? He is young and hasn't really blossomed as they had hoped.

Baghead #2

psymun

Starter
#4 : January 08, 2007, 01:20:15 PM

he's an RFA and the Titans aren't going to do a whole lot to keep him from what I'm hearing...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 08, 2007, 01:24:49 PM

Could be an interesting, developing situation. He is young and has upside. I wouldn't over pay for him nor would I pay him anything that would jeopardize our chances of landing 1 or 2 bigtime FA's.

Baghead #2

psymun

Starter
#6 : January 08, 2007, 01:33:14 PM

Honestly, I think he's the best option available at DT...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 08, 2007, 01:40:43 PM

Well there isn't much out there to compete with. The blessing would be for the packers to let Cullen Jenkins test the market!

Baghead #2

psymun

Starter
#8 : January 08, 2007, 01:57:41 PM

Now that
Well there isn't much out there to compete with. The blessing would be for the packers to let Cullen Jenkins test the market!

Now that would be interesting... He's also an interesting prospect...

bklynbucs11

Starter

#9 : January 08, 2007, 06:10:13 PM

Packers have a boatload of caproom. Jenkins won't spend an hour on the market. Starks is an interesting candidate certainly. Though i fear with the thin nature of the DT market in FA this year, our sole shot will be either of our #2 picks or our 3rd for DT (unless we trade down from 3).

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 08, 2007, 07:00:46 PM

I'd be all for signing Starks. 

shall555

Starter

#11 : January 08, 2007, 09:35:51 PM

Starks averages 38 tackles and 3.5 sacks a year. Not bad. At least, he's better than Booger. I'll take him. I always thought he'd be a terror in the Tampa 2. Wasn't he a terrible twosome with Shawne Merriman?

Just looked up his last year in college stats: 74 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 14 TFLs. WOW. This man is playing in the wrong system. Put him in our D and watch him wreak havoc.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you think of Randy Starks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools