Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry Johnson verses the colts « previous next »
Page: 1

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

: January 08, 2007, 01:02:13 PM

Just wanted to make sure that everyone that says larry johnson can run on a 9 man front, why can't caddy, saw the game this past saturday. When you have more people in the box than you have to block you cannot run unless you are a miserable run defense and the colts are basically that.

Baghead #2

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#1 : January 08, 2007, 01:18:45 PM

Cville... the guy playing left tackle for the Chiefs has the nickname I-65 because he wears the number 65.. they suffered from the same thing we did just about every week horrible blocking and dropped passes (Except Trent Green could actually hit his receivers unlike Gradkowski).

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 08, 2007, 01:22:49 PM

yes sir, you are exactly correct 100%! If you have 2 people unaccounted for playing the run like the colts sold out on saturday doing or what we faced when we had no threat of passing the football, every sunday, you can't run, doesn't matter who you have running the ball. The Colts sold out against the run, they shut the run down and one of the top backs in the NFL.

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 08, 2007, 01:42:30 PM

Just wanted to make sure that everyone that says larry johnson can run on a 9 man front, why can't caddy, saw the game this past saturday. When you have more people in the box than you have to block you cannot run unless you are a miserable run defense and the colts are basically that.

That wasn't the first time the Chiefs saw that defense though so it ain't like he hsn't run through that mess before.

Bottom line, IND's defense outplayed KC's offense. It is the first time I can ever recall that Tony got more out of a unit than he should in the playoffs.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 08, 2007, 01:46:04 PM

KC came out shell shocked for the entire first half. The look on their faces said it all. IMO it wasn't the defense but how timid they played. I've never seen Trent Green look so lost before.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 08, 2007, 02:02:08 PM

That wasn't the first time the Chiefs saw that defense though so it ain't like he hsn't run through that mess before.

Bottom line, IND's defense outplayed KC's offense. It is the first time I can ever recall that Tony got more out of a unit than he should in the playoffs.

That is true but the playoffs are played differently. The colts committed 8-9 guys to Johnson and wanted to soley shut him down and they did. The point is this, if you have more defenders than blockers you will not be able to run the ball. We weren't in the playoffs, obviously but we faced 8-9 man fronts not in look but to stop Caddy. We were double dog dared to passthe ball and we couldn't.

Baghead #2
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Larry Johnson verses the colts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools