Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamaal Anderson « previous next »
Page: 1 2

psymun

Starter
: January 08, 2007, 02:32:21 PM

I was hooked on Charles Johnson until I found out Anderson was coming out. I truely believe he is a better overall prospect than Gaines Adams... I see Anderson as a Julius Peppers type of disruptive force... we'll see what happens...

#1 : January 08, 2007, 02:38:19 PM

This is great that there are so many DE/DTs this draft.

We could get a guy like Anderson probably late day 1...although I haven't made a choice as to who my favorite DE coming out this year is...

As I'm required in every post, I have to say that my favorite DT in Glenn Dorsey.  :)

Shag

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 08, 2007, 02:39:27 PM

We could get a guy like Anderson probably late day 1...although I haven't made a choice as to who my favorite DE coming out this year is...

From the way it sounds he might not be there in the late 1st round.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#3 : January 08, 2007, 02:40:10 PM

just more reason to NOT draft Gaines Adams, it would be a wasted pick because he is not worthy of that high of a pick

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#4 : January 08, 2007, 02:42:35 PM

Let's let the individual workouts, combine and senior bowl practices speak for themselves. Gaines Adams has proved it on the field, if he has a great predraft offseason he will solidify himself as the Top D Lineman.

#5 : January 08, 2007, 02:45:28 PM

From the way it sounds he might not be there in the late 1st round.

I think that's predicated on all going well at the combine...he certainly will go below Gaines Adams-level.  He has such great size!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 08, 2007, 02:50:22 PM

I've read a couple of places people talking about him being rated higher than Adams.  He's got the killer size for a DE where he's not just some fly weight type player and he's got big time production from a big time confernece.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#7 : January 08, 2007, 02:52:26 PM

I've read a couple of places people talking about him being rated higher than Adams.  He's got the killer size for a DE where he's not just some fly weight type player and he's got big time production from a big time confernece.

Yeah...6'6" 285 lbs.

That's big-time.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 08, 2007, 02:54:44 PM

I like Jamaal Anderson as well, but still prefer Adams. I wish he had gone head to head with Thomas when they played the Badgers. It would have been a nice way to evaluate both.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : January 08, 2007, 02:59:14 PM

In every draft, there are guys that were expected to be 1st round picks who slide to the top of the 2nd round.  There are quite a few top tier Juniors decalring this year which is going to push some guys down to us in the top of teh 2nd.  It would be awesome if we could get Joe Thomas/Calvin Johnson in the 1st and Jamaal Anderson in the 2nd!

richbucsfan

Starter

#10 : January 08, 2007, 03:08:59 PM

I'll leave the talent evaluation to the professionals.  I just want the Bucs to have an impact draft.  We have a great opportunity to improved this off season.  I hope it all goes well.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 08, 2007, 03:09:08 PM

I like him a lot. From the sounds of it he could be top 10-15 material and possibly displace Adams as top lineman.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 08, 2007, 03:19:31 PM

I think Anderson dropping to the second is a case of wishful thinking. His size, production, and position probably instantly put him in the top 15. He's probably going to do well at the combine, unlike somebody like Charles Johnson (who is also intriguing), because he's not a sloppy 285 lbs. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 08, 2007, 03:24:12 PM

I think Anderson dropping to the second is a case of wishful thinking. His size, production, and position probably instantly put him in the top 15. He's probably going to do well at the combine, unlike somebody like Charles Johnson (who is also intriguing), because he's not a sloppy 285 lbs. 

He comes out and drops a 4.85 or something in the 40 (not unheard of for him based on reports) and shows the kind of explosion people are looking for and you combine those numbers with the physical tools and productivity and he's a sure fire top 15 player.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 08, 2007, 03:35:39 PM

He comes out and drops a 4.85 or something in the 40 (not unheard of for him based on reports) and shows the kind of explosion people are looking for and you combine those numbers with the physical tools and productivity and he's a sure fire top 15 player.

4.85 isn't a good time for a DE.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamaal Anderson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools