Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamaal Anderson « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 08, 2007, 03:45:32 PM »

I'd agree - the worst time by a DE who had an impact last year was Dumervil I think, and he ran a 4.75. Granted, Anderson is bigger but that's not going to make him any money and would help us if we want him in the second round.

Just based on watching him in games, I think he'll run pretty well though.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 08, 2007, 03:52:52 PM »

Anderson is bigger so he's gonna not be expect to be as fast which is why I said explosion, the short shuttle and 10 yards split, are important to him. IIRC Peppers ran a high 4.77 or something of that ilk and I'm assuming Anderson isn't that sort of prospect.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Shag

Pro Bowler

« #17 : January 08, 2007, 03:57:46 PM »

Anderson is bigger so he's gonna not be expect to be as fast which is why I said explosion, the short shuttle and 10 yards split, are important to him. IIRC Peppers ran a high 4.77 or something of that ilk and I'm assuming Anderson isn't that sort of prospect.

Peppers had a 4.69 and 4.71. Mario Williams ran a 4.6 at 295lbs. Those other times will be more important though, but they do matter. I think Suggs ran a 4.8 and it dropped him.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 08, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »

Isn't Jamaal Anderson the guy that Joe Thomas dominated in the bowl game?  No slight on Anderson, just one more reason to draft Joe Thomas.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 08, 2007, 03:59:10 PM »

Peppers had a 4.69 and 4.71. Mario Williams ran a 4.6 at 295lbs. Those other times will be more important though, but they do matter. I think Suggs ran a 4.8 and it dropped him.

OK, bad memory then, he'll need to be in that Mario Williams type range.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 08, 2007, 03:59:50 PM »

Isn't Jamaal Anderson the guy that Joe Thomas dominated in the bowl game?  No slight on Anderson, just one more reason to draft Joe Thomas.

No, Anderson was the guy who whipped the UW ROT a whole bunch o' times. ARK moved him away from Thomas and let Robin play vs Big Joe.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

« #21 : January 08, 2007, 04:00:40 PM »

He comes out and drops a 4.85 or something in the 40 (not unheard of for him based on reports) and shows the kind of explosion people are looking for and you combine those numbers with the physical tools and productivity and he's a sure fire top 15 player.

4.85 isn't a good time for a DE.

Well, you don't measure a DE in terms of straight line speed. The 3 cone drill, short shuttle and 10 yard dash are going to be where scout will look to see him excel. Fast twitch and explosion are key.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 08, 2007, 04:00:55 PM »

Isn't Jamaal Anderson the guy that Joe Thomas dominated in the bowl game? No slight on Anderson, just one more reason to draft Joe Thomas.

No, Anderson was the guy who whipped the UW ROT a whole bunch o' times. ARK moved him away from Thomas and let Robin play vs Big Joe.

So then he was afraid of Joe Thomas!  Still reason to draft Thomas!  ;D

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 08, 2007, 04:30:50 PM »

Anderson had three sacks and the Hogs held Wisconsin to negative yards rushing.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 08, 2007, 04:35:39 PM »

Anderson had three sacks and the Hogs held Wisconsin to negative yards rushing.

The game went like this: Joe Thomas neutralized his man each play while Keith Jackson and Jamaal Anderson beat their men each down.  It was silly. I'd never seen either ARK guy play before but I came away really impressed.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #25 : January 08, 2007, 05:22:14 PM »

Absolutely right - I was really impressed by Keith Jackson Jr. as well.

The running game numbers are a little misleading - sacks are subtracted from rushing yards in college, and frankly, Wisconsin didn't try to run the ball much at all.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #26 : January 08, 2007, 07:18:29 PM »

Exactly.  All of his work will be included in a short, short area of the field, and his measurables are more important for this kind of duty.  The forty is really an overvalued aspect of this position.  It is like having an offensive lineman with 4.7 speed.  While it sounds dandy, it doesn't make a big overall difference.

I am sure the Bucs won't draft this guy, because of the perceived worth of this player, and the pick the Bucs have.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 08, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »

Keep in mind that this guy was recruited to play WR, so you know he has great athleticism for the position.  A good combine/pro day will very possibly let him leapfrog Adams.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 08, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »

Keep in mind that this guy was recruited to play WR, so you know he has great athleticism for the position. A good combine/pro day will very possibly let him leapfrog Adams.

This is true.  But since I am biased towards Gaines :D a trade down and still nabbing Gaines would be heaven for me.  Then again the Skins could be waiting to pounce on Gaines/Branch at their spot (they need D-line help) so the Bucs should not trade down to far.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamaal Anderson « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools