Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A twist in coach hiring!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: January 08, 2007, 09:19:48 PM

RAISING ARIZONA
Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, wide receiver Anquan Boldin, defensive tackle Darnell Dockett and safety Adrian Wilson contributed as much as they could to Arizona during the season.

But they have been entrusted with the role of making even more important contributions during the offseason.

Each of the four players has been asked to interview the head-coaching candidates that have visited Arizona over the past week. The Cardinals want the players to conduct their own line of questioning and report back to ownership, which has formed its own impressions during its own interviews.

Monday, the Arizona players spent time interviewing Tenneessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow, who also met with Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart. On Tuesday, the Cardinals players and ownership group are expected to interview Steelers assistant head coach Russ Grimm.

It has created extra rounds of talks for the candidates, but the Cardinals want to do everything they can to come up with the best possible hire.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9916444

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 08, 2007, 09:20:43 PM

According to NFLN, the Arizona Cardinals are allowing 4 of their players to interview their coaching candidates. Kurt Warner and Anquan Boldin on offense, and Darnell Dockett and Adrian Wilson on defense.

Is this a joke?

#2 : January 08, 2007, 09:21:20 PM

nope

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 08, 2007, 09:23:03 PM

???

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 08, 2007, 09:30:10 PM

UPDATE:  Darnell Dockett and Anquan Boldin have hired Bobby Bowden as the new head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#5 : January 09, 2007, 07:26:27 AM

UPDATE: Darnell Dockett and Anquan Boldin have hired Bobby Bowden as the new head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

is this a joke? what is your source for this?

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 09, 2007, 07:43:27 AM

HDE, I half heartedly don't think it's a bad idea.  The Cards are a joke!  Their owner is even worst.  Why not get some input from the people who have to play for the guy.  They obviously can't find anyone with any great competence.  If the inmates are running the asylum, then let them have who they want...

Yeah it's sort of tongue and cheek but when you really think about it what do they have to loose?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#7 : January 09, 2007, 08:22:53 AM

They cant get any worse than Denny Green.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 09, 2007, 08:24:40 AM

They cant get any worse than Denny Green.
MIKE SHULA

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 09, 2007, 08:44:37 AM

According to NFLN, the Arizona Cardinals are allowing 4 of their players to interview their coaching candidates. Kurt Warner and Anquan Boldin on offense, and Darnell Dockett and Adrian Wilson on defense.

Are the Bidwell's trying to spread the blame around for another bad coaching decision?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 09, 2007, 10:01:12 AM

UPDATE: Darnell Dockett and Anquan Boldin have hired Bobby Bowden as the new head coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

is this a joke? what is your source for this?

I thought that was very obviously a joke.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 09, 2007, 10:14:45 AM

Thought it was a joke as well,but there it was on NFL network real as day!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 09, 2007, 12:17:10 PM

I doubt that Bidwill allows the players to pick the coach, but I have to say applaud the "outside the box" thinking if he truly takes his key players feelings into account. That franchise has been so bad for so long, a slightly different approach to selecting a head coach is almost warranted..

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 09, 2007, 12:49:10 PM

I like this and think that it might work out.  While the players and owners will never agree 100% the owners will at least know where the players stand.  If you like your coach you will die for your coach.  The players are the ones that have to spend all the time with the guy and these young players will be with him the longest.  This guy is responsible for their future.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#14 : January 09, 2007, 01:21:15 PM

They let Warner interview? It's not like he has a future in Arizona. It's a good idea. Sometimes the coaches work for the players.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A twist in coach hiring!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools