Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: goodby mr smith « previous next »
Page: 1

big bad bob

Rookie

: January 09, 2007, 06:02:19 AM

play a garbage schedule and you win the heisman.play a real good team and they showed
why you dont deserve the trophy.your stock just dropped.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 09, 2007, 10:07:20 AM

That's nonsense. One bad game after not playing for 50 days isn't proof that Ohio State stinks. It's proof that ANYONE would stink after not playing for that long. Tressel couldn't keep them fresh. I'm not saying Florida doesn't win if they play the game earlier. But it wouldn't have played out like that. Scrap this system. We need an eight or 16-team playoff.

In Verner We Trust

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 09, 2007, 10:09:39 AM

That's nonsense. One bad game after not playing for 50 days isn't proof that Ohio State stinks. It's proof that ANYONE would stink after not playing for that long. Tressel couldn't keep them fresh. I'm not saying Florida doesn't win if they play the game earlier. But it wouldn't have played out like that. Scrap this system. We need an eight or 16-team playoff.

I agree, check out his body of work. He absolutely feel though, into R2 at least and is on the skids but lets not write him off yet because of one bad game.

Baghead #2

BucsAddict

Starter

#3 : January 09, 2007, 11:07:58 AM

Tressel was 4-0 after 40+ days of layoff from last game to bowl game. So I doubt it was due to a lack of preperation on the HCs side. 4 completed passes seems to me to lay completely on Smith's lap either due to a lack of focus/maturity

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

#4 : January 09, 2007, 11:38:14 AM

That's nonsense. One bad game after not playing for 50 days isn't proof that Ohio State stinks. It's proof that ANYONE would stink after not playing for that long.

Take that crap somewhere else. 50 days? 37 days? Your 40+ day layoffs didn't seem to bother them in the past, don't try and use it as an excuse today!!!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 09, 2007, 11:59:46 AM

Can't get into if's here. Florida proved that the Big 10 is OVERRATED this year and that Ohio State's cupcake schedule bit them in the end. Sure, hang 400yrds on Troy State all you want, when you play a team that's tested in a great conference you see what happens.

STERN11354

Starter

#6 : January 09, 2007, 12:05:37 PM

Florida proved that the Big 10 is OVERRATED this year and that Ohio State's cupcake schedule bit them in the end. 

I wouldn't call Ohio State's schedule cupcake.  Beating #2 Texas @ Texas and undefeated #2 Michigan (at the time) cupcake.  That is the first time in college football history that the #1 team beat two #2 teams during the regular season.  They couldn't get it done for a third time.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 09, 2007, 12:10:50 PM

Florida proved that the Big 10 is OVERRATED this year and that Ohio State's cupcake schedule bit them in the end.

I wouldn't call Ohio State's schedule cupcake. Beating #2 Texas @ Texas and undefeated #2 Michigan (at the time) cupcake. That is the first time in college football history that the #1 team beat two #2 teams during the regular season. They couldn't get it done for a third time.

sorry, it was the Texas QB's second start EVER when they played Ohio State. The Michigan game was really two average teams playing each other. Remember, Michigan was ranked that high because they blasted ND and we know now what quality ND is.

Sorry, doesn't fly. They played a cupcake schedule.

STERN11354

Starter

#8 : January 09, 2007, 12:13:09 PM

Didn't Florida need three or four blocked kicks to beat a bad South Carolina cupcake team. 

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 09, 2007, 12:36:05 PM

Didn't Florida need three or four blocked kicks to beat a bad South Carolina cupcake team.

Was SC a bowl team? Thought so.

#10 : January 09, 2007, 03:11:52 PM

Yet...they did, but hey Ohio State surely clobbered Ball State.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 10, 2007, 02:38:33 AM

In all honesty, Florida played a great game.

But you HAVE to factor in such a looong layoff.  No real competition is bound to make a team rusty, no doubt.

But they got their ass spanked, so I give FLA major props.  I have no dog in this fight, so congrats to Tim Tebow....errr...Chris Leak.

STERN11354

Starter

#12 : January 10, 2007, 11:51:43 AM

Yet...they did, but hey Ohio State surely clobbered Ball State.
Ohio State didn't play Ball State this year.  Ohio State played Northern Illinois.  Michigan played Ball State. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 10, 2007, 12:15:05 PM

sorry, it was the Texas QB's second start EVER when they played Ohio State. The Michigan game was really two average teams playing each other. Remember, Michigan was ranked that high because they blasted ND and we know now what quality ND is.

Sorry, doesn't fly. They played a cupcake schedule.

Yeah but your logic starts to hurt. Who'd UF beat?

UT lost to a crummy PSU team, UA lost to UW who was worse than OSU or UM. Auburn squeaked by the team also not-as-good-as Texas Nebraska who was the 3rd or 4th best B12 team. USC barely got by UH from mighty 0-5 in the post-season CUSA. The SEC's big statement was whacking ND but like you said they sucked so what does it matter?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: goodby mr smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools