Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ohio state fans « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

escobar

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 09, 2007, 07:11:40 PM

I agree that the long layoff excuse is a little lame, however it could hold SOME merit. All I know is that both Ohio State and Michigan looked nothing like they did all season in their bowl games. Granted it was against top competition in the bowls, but the long layoff could have had something to do with it.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#31 : January 09, 2007, 07:40:36 PM

Screw that!!!!!     Im not letting a single excuse go, you must not have seen the Ginn, Jr. and Smith interviews on ESPN.com about a week or so ago, where they basiclly said Florida is no competition for them, and thier deffense will tear us apart....NO WAY am I going to let a single OSU fan from work, live down the fact that they taunted me for weeks about how an SEC team can not compete with the Big-10........

And for all the Mich fans....well, here's to the reason you didnt deserve to go back.....

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#32 : January 09, 2007, 08:39:15 PM

ohh that was classic...without ted ginn they were nothing...i loved every minute of that schooling session UF gave OSU..after the opening kickoff. The Gators routed em 41-7
Make no mistake...they were nothing WITH Ginn, either.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#33 : January 09, 2007, 09:07:41 PM

Excuses are what they are. Excuses. OSU has done fine after other long layoffs before, what's the difference with his one. Also, having Ginn in the line up would not have made that OSU defense any better and probably would have done little to help Troy Smith. It's not like having Ginn back there would suddenly stop that relentless pass rush. He can't really do anything if he doesn't have the ball. and at the rate that Florida front four was making Smith give the deer in headlights look, I don't think GInn would have had many chances to catch balls.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#34 : January 09, 2007, 09:21:41 PM

Smith had 4-FOUR-complete passes!!! A receiver has to have a pass thrown to him.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 09, 2007, 09:40:08 PM

i know they would have been nothing with him as well, but all you really need with that guy at wr is 2-3 seconds and he's already 35-40 yards downfield just throw it up to him...but i doubt they would have scored over 20 with him

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 10, 2007, 01:27:49 AM

No wonder Tressel is lobbying so hard against a playoff system....he knows that with a playoff, he will never see a championship game. Right now, he can sit there in the Big Ten conference with a mediocre team beating up everyone on his easy schedule and be guranteed a top 10 spot in the BCS every year.

Ohio State and Michigan are perfect examples of what is wrong with the BCS. USC would have smoked Ohio State. And Boise State probably would have beat them too.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 10, 2007, 09:07:48 AM

Smith had 4-FOUR-complete passes!!! A receiver has to have a pass thrown to him.
Don't you know Ginn was going to play defense and block a 4 man rush?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ohio state fans « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools