Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton and TD production « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 14, 2006, 11:51:07 AM

Clayton is very mature and a class act for his age.

Clayton, who turns 24 today, said: "Now, it's just a matter of waiting patiently for an opportunity to make it happen. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, then oh, well. I want to be here. I want to be in Tampa. I don't want to go anywhere. I want this to be my home for a long time.

"It's basically, right now, I play my role. I'm okay with that. If that's how it is, then I'll just play my role. It's not that I'll be satisfied, but if that's what they want me to do, then that's what I'll do. You won't hear anything out of me."

#16 : October 14, 2006, 03:55:27 PM

this doesn't make him a bad WR. keyshawn johnson was inexplicably short of touchdowns for a while, and clayton's season last year going into the present is eerily like joey galloway's year in dallas before being traded here. both have bounced back to be difference makers
At least Keyshawn proved to be a reliable option!!!

bryan12112

Starter

#17 : October 14, 2006, 10:37:56 PM

I don't see any problems with this. He made it clear that he still loves being on the Bucs, he just wants the ball more. But if you look at Galloway, he has only had four more receptions. It hasn't been smooth sailing for the Bucs offense so far this season. It has been much better in the last six quarters, but before that, the only players that were consistently getting the ball were the defenders on the other team. Hopefully the Bucs will make more of an effort to reward Clayton for his hard work, and hopefully that will in turn make this offense even better.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 15, 2006, 12:10:15 AM

Clayton parties hard.

Clayton wears furs.

Clayton redidicates himself to football by signing "pacts" with Coach G.

Clayton hasn't been much of a factor this year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 15, 2006, 12:12:10 AM

10 catches for 117.  No TD's.

1 reverse for 27 yards.

No TDs.

The book is still out on Clayton.  On wether he is legit or not.

TBayJJ

Second String

#20 : October 15, 2006, 12:13:43 AM

I hope Clayton can get out of this funk he is in. He had such a good rookie year.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 15, 2006, 12:14:37 AM

I hope Clayton can get out of this funk he is in. He had such a good rookie year.

Don't we all, bro.

Maybe tomorrow is his "coming out" party. 

TBayJJ

Second String

#22 : October 15, 2006, 12:16:53 AM

I hope so

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 15, 2006, 01:51:29 AM

He needs to spend as much time hangin around Grads as he can, develop a rapport.  Simms didn't trust him, needs to get bruce comfortable with him.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#24 : October 15, 2006, 01:53:18 AM

He needs to spend as much time hangin around Grads as he can, develop a rapport. Simms didn't trust him, needs to get bruce comfortable with him.
a article on bucs.com said he was spending extra time with grad after practice.
i just dont see why all of you seem to bash on this kid, tremendous rookie year, hurt all of last year and only 4 games into this season and you act like he should have 1,000 yards and 10 TDs

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 15, 2006, 09:33:00 AM

Simms played so bad, and Bruce played one game so why the F*** would you say you need the ball more when a rookie is your starter now.  STFU, support Bruce, get open and block.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 15, 2006, 09:58:55 AM

a article on bucs.com said he was spending extra time with grad after practice.
i just dont see why all of you seem to bash on this kid, tremendous rookie year, hurt all of last year and only 4 games into this season and you act like he should have 1,000 yards and 10 TDs

Clayton is doing just fine this year as he is on pace to have more than 30+ catches this year easily   The ball is being spread around to the point that I do not see anyone having 80 catches this year on the roster.  If that continues expect Clayton and Galloway to want the ball more as they are starting receivers and WR's tend to complain about stuff like that.  But in reality if the Bucs do not have to depend on Galloway or Clayton to move the chains, put up points and even win games then that is good enough in my book.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 15, 2006, 01:09:31 PM

Nice drop by MC on the first drive of the game.

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 15, 2006, 01:19:59 PM

Nice drop by MC on the first drive of the game.
yea how about you go try to catch that when you're trying to get your feet in with someone slapping your arms.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 15, 2006, 07:07:14 PM

Clayton made good effort this game, and finally got the elusive TD.  Let's hope he can keep it up and shake off his slump for good.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton and TD production « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools