Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFW on the DET Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 10, 2007, 02:43:55 AM

Detroit might select Calvin Johnson.

I would promptly smack my forehead and say "Nyuck nyuck nyuck"....

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 10, 2007, 08:48:20 AM

I think it goes,
1. Jamarcus, or CJ
2. Joe Thomas, Gains Adams, or trade down

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 10, 2007, 08:49:05 AM

Detroit is probably just trying to find a partner to trade down with. They have more pressing needs at defense and while Joe Thomas would not be a bad pick, it is not really a pressing need for them. They'd be better off trading down and grabbing a top tier pass rusher, which this class seems have quite a few of now.

Love that pic bro!!!!  Sweet!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 10, 2007, 11:38:12 AM

given the fact that everyone thinks they'd jump all over a trade for rice because of their need at DE, it seems to make sense that they'd jump on an elite prospect who's 10 years younger. i can also see them going with joe thomas, since the last great rams offenses were rooted in a powerful, talented and balanced line.  backus is good, but he's not orlando pace.

then again, with martz likely to get a head coaching job this season if not next, they might want to go with more of a sure thing at QB instead of counting on him to stick around and pull another warnerbulger out of his hat...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFW on the DET Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools