Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah !!!!!!!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: January 09, 2007, 05:49:23 PM

Micheal Bush.....for the picking he has declared himself .......I pray he is still on the board and the Bucs call his name

#1 : January 09, 2007, 05:51:50 PM

Aren't you the same nut who wanted AP? Team has more needs than a backup RB.

#2 : January 09, 2007, 06:02:24 PM

No I am the same nut that started a thread on the merits/case /discussion for drafting AD....my point being that the Bucs need to improve the running THREAT more than any other position.....clueless Jabberwocky

#3 : January 09, 2007, 06:04:46 PM

Oh excuse me, I had no idea a guy who ran for 1k and 800 behind our line wasn't a running threat...

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 09, 2007, 09:02:42 PM

No I am the same nut that started a thread on the merits/case /discussion for drafting AD....my point being that the Bucs need to improve the running THREAT more than any other position.....clueless Jabberwocky

you have got to be kidding me...do you truely believe that we need to improve our running threat before both our offensive and defensive lines? I dont care who we have in the backfield they arent going to do jack against 8 man fronts and/or pourous run blocking. With that said a 6' 3" 247lb running back has no place in this offensive system.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 09, 2007, 09:18:05 PM

Oh excuse me, I had no idea a guy who ran for 1k and 800 behind our line wasn't a running threat...

That's not exactly helping your argument. 

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#6 : January 09, 2007, 09:25:56 PM

When a running back only gets to touch the ball one or twice each drive, he can't really do much now, can he. I would bet if Bush or Peterson were in Tampa's offense this past year, they woudn't do much either. Thats because if the offensive series doesn't last for more than 3 plays, the running back doesn't get to see the ball very often. Runningbacks like Bush, Caddy, AP, etc. need to get the ball often for them to make an impact. They don't get the ball, no impact. Simple as that. Caddy's problem isn't that he can't run the ball, its that he can't catch it. Same thing with apparently many of the WRS on the team. Which is one of the many reasons drives don't last for more that 3 plays at a time.

I hope by me repeating the same thing over and over again will help you realize AP or Bush or any back would be a waste of a pick in day 1.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 09, 2007, 09:31:01 PM

...a 6' 3" 247lb running back has no place in this offensive system.

I somewhat agree but why is it that everyone wants to draft Brian Leonard in the 2nd but not Bush, who is the higher rated prospect?

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#8 : January 09, 2007, 09:32:26 PM

When a running back only gets to touch the ball one or twice each drive, he can't really do much now, can he. I would bet if Bush or Peterson were in Tampa's offense this past year, they woudn't do much either. Thats because if the offensive series doesn't last for more than 3 plays, the running back doesn't get to see the ball very often. Runningbacks like Bush, Caddy, AP, etc. need to get the ball often for them to make an impact. They don't get the ball, no impact. Simple as that. Caddy's problem isn't that he can't run the ball, its that he can't catch it. Same thing with apparently many of the WRS on the team. Which is one of the many reasons drives don't last for more that 3 plays at a time.

I hope by me repeating the same thing over and over again will help you realize AP or Bush or any back would be a waste of a pick in day 1.

I agree.....but Tomlinson could have probably.....

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 09, 2007, 09:34:47 PM

Well Tomlinson is different. The guy is a freak at the RB position and I dont really think any of those backs are anywhere near Tomlinson's level.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 09, 2007, 10:09:02 PM

I somewhat agree but why is it that everyone wants to draft Brian Leonard in the 2nd but not Bush, who is the higher rated prospect?

Leonard plays FB while Bush is an oversized HB. The majority of pro-leonard people are people who simply want an alstott clone.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 09, 2007, 10:31:57 PM

Leonard plays FB while Bush is an oversized HB. The majority of pro-leonard people are people who simply want an alstott clone.

An Alstott clone that can block.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#12 : January 09, 2007, 10:33:12 PM

Actually more of a cross between Pittman and Alstott. He has some running ability, has soft hands, pass blocks pretty well, and can run block.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#13 : January 09, 2007, 10:51:43 PM

I would take him but he might go in the 2nd, i dont mind a RB maybe in the 3rd or 4th, but the first 2 rounds and first 3 picks should all be key players, not backups, like a WR, Safety and DE

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 10, 2007, 02:06:34 AM

Aren't you the same nut who wanted AP? Team has more needs than a backup RB.
I am sure he will deny it.

BEcause he is a in denial. 

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yeah !!!!!!!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools