Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamaal Anderson vs. Joe Thomas « previous next »
Page: 1 2

psymun

Starter
: January 10, 2007, 12:34:12 PM

Jamaal Anderson is extremely underated. Everyone is calling for Gaines adams or Joe Thomas... You should have seen the game against Wisconsin... Jamaal Anderson had 3 sacks and 4 QB hurries against who? Joe Thomas...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 10, 2007, 12:44:22 PM

Jamaal Anderson is extremely underated. Everyone is calling for Gaines adams or Joe Thomas... You should have seen the game against Wisconsin... Jamaal Anderson had 3 sacks and 4 QB hurries against who? Joe Thomas...

Bern't he played LDE bro, Joe Thomas plays LT.......

Did you even watch the game ???

Baghead #2

psymun

Starter
#2 : January 10, 2007, 12:47:06 PM

yes.. I did watch the game and 2 of the sacks and 2 of the pressures were against Joe Thomas...

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 10, 2007, 12:49:45 PM

yes.. I did watch the game and 2 of the sacks and 2 of the pressures were against Joe Thomas...

Obviously you missed it! In fact Joe Thomas lined up a couple times at tight end on the right side to match up with Anderson.

No, he didn't have a sack against Joe Thomas, he didn't one time line up at RDE. You either didn't watch the game or didn't know where Joe Thomas was playing...or you had one of your buddies feed you some BS....

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 10, 2007, 12:58:18 PM

Nope didn't happen. I recorded the game and watched each UW snap. Anderson lined up vs the ROT most of the game and mauled him badly. He lined up very rarely vs Joe and he got neutralized when he did.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 10, 2007, 01:02:32 PM

I used my tivo on this and broke basically every snap down more than once and I think anderson one time, MAYBE lined up at RDE. Did you see Thomas move to TE over Anderson? He did do that a couple times. All in all, Anderson went up against Thomas, maybe 3 times total in the game...I think it was once at RDE and then a couple when Thomas was moved over to TE on his side.

Anderson looked good though against their RT.

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 10, 2007, 01:07:41 PM

I'll tell you what I saw Thomas give up 2 pressures.

On one play he rode the DE around to the outside way behind the QB's drop but Jackson blew up the middle for what was the bazillionth time in that game and the QB dropped back away from him and into the path for the UA DE. Even at that once Thomas recognized the collapsing pocket, he reacted and kept his guy off Stocco.

Second pressure, he got beaten underneath after the DE did a hard upfield charge and re-directed. That play worried me because that move is sort of the stock move for pro speed rushers but I never saw it work any other time vs. Thomas.

Other than that his guy might as well not have existed.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

psymun

Starter
#7 : January 10, 2007, 01:12:26 PM

Oh... I was going to argue with you, but I realized it's because you have a man-crush on Thomas... My question is who DID Joe Thomas give up a sack to this season?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 10, 2007, 01:16:33 PM

Oh... I was going to argue with you, but I realized it's because you have a man-crush on Thomas... My question is who DID Joe Thomas give up a sack to this season?

Dude you tell me the time in the game you saw Thomas get whipped and I'll fire up the DVR and look for it because it is still sitting there.

I saw a stat Thomas allowed 2 sacks the last 2 years, I'm assuming that means 1 each year or else the hype would read zero sacks this year. I don't know who it was too. ESPN isn't nice enough to keep stats like that for OL.

psymun

Starter
#9 : January 10, 2007, 01:24:51 PM

I don't have a copy of the game... so I couldn't tell you where it was... but it would have been 92 vs 72 and that's what I saw...

He was flopping back and forth from left to right end...

Besides my point wasn't exactly to dis Joe Thomas... it was actually to try to figure out why Anderson isn't the #1 DE...

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 10, 2007, 01:29:17 PM

Mel kiper thinks Jamaal is better then Gaines.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 10, 2007, 01:29:31 PM

We figured you watched all his games. Hell, you obviously saw the bowl game....

LMAO, Man crush? Look dude, you start a thread full of absolute BS and its proven wrong and that makes somone have a mancrush ???

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 10, 2007, 01:32:34 PM

I don't have a copy of the game... so I couldn't tell you where it was... but it would have been 92 vs 72 and that's what I saw...

He was flopping back and forth from left to right end...

Besides my point wasn't exactly to dis Joe Thomas... it was actually to try to figure out why Anderson isn't the #1 DE...

Maybe I'm loosing it but I remember starting a thread on how Joe Thomas is going against the SEC sack leader Anderson. I was wanting to see what would happen, wanting to see how Thomas or Anderson would look. I watched the game 2 twice and saw everysnap and Anderson lined up at RDE one time that I can account for and he lined up at TE a couple times on Andersons side. Anderson did not flip flop back and forth all over the place the whole game. I was waiting to see the matchup and was pumped about it but it simply didn't happen...

Baghead #2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 10, 2007, 01:37:44 PM

it was actually to try to figure out why Anderson isn't the #1 DE...

I think he's right up there. I suspect that if one or the other really blows up at the combine they might sneak ahead of the other guy.

I like anderson a lot and I wish I'd seen him matchup vs Thomas since it'd tell me a lot about both guys but those darn UA coaches were more concerned with winning a game than giving me good draft preview material.

shall555

Starter

#14 : January 10, 2007, 01:48:03 PM

The fact that everyone and their mama on the board wants Joe Thomas, tells me that we aren't taking him. Call it the Steven Jackson/Mike Williams factor. All these fools were screaming the same manlove for those two and look what happened. Joe Thomas = Not a Buc.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jamaal Anderson vs. Joe Thomas « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools