Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A different place to network, but here goes ... « previous next »
Page: 1

richbucsfan

Starter

: January 05, 2009, 04:37:12 PM

Having been laid off in November from a local Ho**CENSORED**e, I am doing my best to network with friends and business associates.  I thought it would be wise to attempt to network here as well.  If you know of someone who might use my skills and abilities, I would appreciate you passing this information along.  I will be forever in your debt if you would do so.
You may contact me here on the site by sending a private message.

With appreciation.                                                                 

Professional Focus Piece

Key Success Factors                       Focus Piece

1.  Presentations/Workshops/        *  Presented weekly business seminars
Seminars                                                   *  Presented three creative speeches weekly
                                                   *  Designed and conducted seminars on the state-wide level
                                                   *  Skill in use of presentation equipment(i.e. computer programs, connection to video projectors, etc.)

2.  Communication Style      *  Clear, concise, illustrated, interesting
            *  Conversational
            *  Employ graphics, PowerPoint, video clips

3.  Core Skills                                  *  Human relations
                                                  *  Strategic planning
                                                  *  Knowledge of adult learning concepts
                                                  *  Writing skills
                                                  *  Public speaking and presentation skills
                                                  *  Project management
                                                  *  Time management
                                                  *  Leadership

4.  Research abilities                 *  Expert knowledge of internet resources
                                                 *  Relevant fact discovery skill
                                                 *  Presentation development from concept to conclusion

5.  Leadership style                                *  Accepts responsibility for task/program/seminar
                                                *  Works well with staff
                                                *  More concerned with success of task than with who gets the credit
                                                *  Follows directives from supervisory personnel
                                                *  Finds a way to get the job done regardless of work-load
                                                *  Maintains positive attitude and seeks to instill such in those supervised

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 05, 2009, 04:51:31 PM

What did you do with Ho**CENSORED**e?  HR, development?  And what are you looking for now?

richbucsfan

Starter

#2 : January 05, 2009, 05:22:52 PM

I was a chaplain.  My skills, however, include fundraising and executive leadership.  The day I got laid off I received a Shining Star Award for excellence in client care.  That was my second such award.  And, pretty rare for a chaplain to earn that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 05, 2009, 05:39:19 PM

Education?   and what are you looking for.  I know a guy who was running a drug rehab program for a nonprofit (had a master's I believe) and became a principal for a smaller private school when the program he was running was cut for budget reasons few years ago.   If you have nonprofit experience, you may want to focus on that.  You are in the Polk County area right?

richbucsfan

Starter

#4 : January 05, 2009, 05:42:16 PM

I have a doctorate.  Yes, I am focusing on the non profit sector.  And, yes, I am in Polk County, but willing to relocate.  And, the funding for ho**CENSORED**e changed. That is why they had two major lay offs.  I just didn't have the seniority and have that documented in a couple of letters of recommendation.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A different place to network, but here goes ... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools