Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans... Are the Bulls going to pull in the biggest gamer is the country? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#30 : January 17, 2007, 05:40:53 PM

For the people who think he is going to FSU think again. Florida is considered a major option but I doubt he goes there because he wont get the ball much... Not that he is selfish just looking for his best interest(he has 2 kids...1 on the way). Look for him to go somewhere in the Big East... I have heard him talk about Rutgers, West Virginia, and USF. But I don't think Rutgers is legit so i think its a 50/50 with WV and USF. Usf having the edge considering one of his best friends Quenton Washington is committed and really excited about it... And another one of his friends Terrance Lewis is also receiving offers from USF.

If he is good as he looks and as advertised, I don't see why he wouldn't get the ball at UF. They are really starving for a featured back, and as good as Rainey is he won't be a guy to get the ball 25 times a game anyway. He will be a hybrid in the likes of Harvin where they look to get him 10 touches a game or so running and receiving. No one else on the roster at this point looks to step up and snare the role, so IF he were to go to UF I would imagine he would get plenty of opps to see action.

To be totally honest he isn't one of those backs you give the ball too and run up the middle and expect him to break one. He can break you outside or on short passes. O and for people who says he can't block your wrong. He is also a great kick returner(see senior bowl).

I think he is actually a lot like Rainey.  They are similarily built for sure.  Both are amazing KR.  The more I think of it they would be GREAT together.  Since neither is a carry the full load type guy probably, they could split carries and the team wouldn't miss a beat.  Put them in the backfield together and watch out.....split one wide, motion one back, run the option......

I can dream.....

#31 : January 17, 2007, 05:51:23 PM

So basically what ARK has right Ray?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#32 : January 17, 2007, 08:02:15 PM

So basically what ARK has right Ray?

Well, not exactly.  McFadden is a whole different animal.  Big, strong, and fast. 6'2 205.  Even Felix is 6' 200 lbs.  Those 2 are a crazy backfield.

Rainey and Devine will both play in the 5'8-5'9 170-180 range, maybe a bit more for Devine.  Both are very special players though, quick and elusive and tough to get a good hit on.

#33 : January 17, 2007, 08:04:24 PM

That is of course if he chooses UF, I personally wouldn't be shocked to see him follow his friends to USF, though  I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to WV or anywhere else at this point either.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#34 : January 17, 2007, 08:06:54 PM

That is of course if he chooses UF, I personally wouldn't be shocked to see him follow his friends to USF, though I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to WV or anywhere else at this point either.

Yeah, I never said he was going to UF, I just said I can dream of him and Rainey in the same backfield.  I also was just saying I don't think he would have to worry about getting the ball. It actually might be a good situation for him to go somewhere like UF, or even USF, where he has another back to help shoulder the load. I don't think he is built to take 20-25 carries a game on a regular basis. 

I agree, it doesn't seem like he has his mind up and he is just now doing visits.  Unless of course what canes says is true and he is going to USF for sure.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 17, 2007, 08:30:58 PM

Well... I haven't spoke with him or his friends in a week or so. A lot can change in a week all of us know that. I can tell you... I am not sure if Rainey has the smarts to be a kick returner in college. The more I watch of him the more I see he takes to many chances that you can get away with in high school.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#36 : January 17, 2007, 09:03:29 PM

Well... I haven't spoke with him or his friends in a week or so. A lot can change in a week all of us know that. I can tell you... I am not sure if Rainey has the smarts to be a kick returner in college. The more I watch of him the more I see he takes to many chances that you can get away with in high school.

I'll disagree a bit there.  Been watching Rainey return kicks for 3 years, and he is as good as they get.  If anything, he can make an instant impact in that area moreso than anywhere else.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 17, 2007, 09:29:56 PM

I'll disagree a bit there.  Been watching Rainey return kicks for 3 years, and he is as good as they get.  If anything, he can make an instant impact in that area moreso than anywhere else.

I know judging players performances bye one game is poor bye me but kickoffs may be acceptable. Did you see the all American bowl? Rainey on kickoffs looked terrible and made one crucial mistake that ended up making the East start at there 2 yard line. Noel on the other hand had one return for about 90 yards...

#38 : January 17, 2007, 09:32:06 PM

Noel intrigues me more than Rainey, but that's just because of his flat out speed, I've never seen a RB burn our 4.4 LB like he did.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#39 : January 18, 2007, 12:07:45 PM

Noel intrigues me more than Rainey, but that's just because of his flat out speed, I've never seen a RB burn our 4.4 LB like he did.

I suggest you see the video of Rainey again.  The more he goes the more he puts distance between himself and the other players.  On one play near the end of that 6 minute video or so I posted, he outran the damn camera man and when he finally catches up Rainey is about 10-20 yards ahead of everyone. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#40 : January 18, 2007, 12:19:11 PM

I'll disagree a bit there. Been watching Rainey return kicks for 3 years, and he is as good as they get. If anything, he can make an instant impact in that area moreso than anywhere else.

I know judging players performances bye one game is poor bye me but kickoffs may be acceptable. Did you see the all American bowl? Rainey on kickoffs looked terrible and made one crucial mistake that ended up making the East start at there 2 yard line. Noel on the other hand had one return for about 90 yards...

Rainey had 1 return for 25 yards in that game, and another where he handed off for a reverse on a kickoff.

It's an all-star game.  Yeah, Devine had 1 return for 90, a good job. I don't think I am going to judge Rainey off 1 all-star game of kick offs vs. 3+ seasons I saw him return kicks.  He returned the opening kickoff for a TD on a couple different occasions this year, including in front of the nation at the Kirk Herbstreit Classic against nationally ranked St. X in Ohio. 

Of course, I bet Devine never made a mistake on a Kickoff right?  Doubt it, you see guys in the NFL doing it these days and even Dante Hall had some screwups. 

Oh, and by the way Rainey was cleared by the state of any wrongdoing, Lakeland will not lose their state title and Rainey does not lose any amateur status.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#41 : January 18, 2007, 12:51:42 PM

So it's legit then via Scout, interesting, I know his good friend (this is 'inside' info from Canes) Q- Washington is going to USF....
I was just joking about this.  Scout has the "new team" as being North Carolina.

He only has 1 visit setup so far, the 19th at LSU. 

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 18, 2007, 02:59:35 PM

I heard today Auburn has a good chance at him.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#43 : January 20, 2007, 06:12:15 PM

Canes - I heard today Devine may need to go to PREP school for a year before going anywhere, is this true?

I also heard today a LOT of peopel think he's leaning UF.

#44 : January 20, 2007, 06:58:31 PM

It's a shame a kid with so much talent can't push the grades up with some easy ass classes, sadly it kept our RB from going to college last season....it's accepted at the HS level which really makes you ponder the min. GPA level of 2.0....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans... Are the Bulls going to pull in the biggest gamer is the country? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools