Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans... Are the Bulls going to pull in the biggest gamer is the country? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#75 : April 20, 2007, 11:02:09 PM

Saw him run the ball first hand the other night, and he has the same speed forward and laterally, Chris Rainey is one sick runner.   Noel Devine played against crappy competition in the Fort Myers area, he played a bunch of all white schools, I would have loved to see him play against Lakeland's competition .  If you watch his (Devine) video highlights, they played no one who can tackle worth a darn, and what happened when his North Fort Myers team played a good tackling team Bradenton Manatee???  They lost, and he was held under 100 yards.  Did you happen to watch the 5A State Championship this year?  Ask Florida gator recruit  Major Wright what he thinks of Rainey? The kid is the best  Florida Running back this year, bar none.   EVERY TEAM THIS YEAR HAD 9 GUYS WITHIN 7 YARDS OF THE LOS......... and he still had  2400 yards.  Rainey's highlight videos do not do the guy  justice.  Plus he only played half of 7 games and missed one full game.   Can't talk bad about my Naughts

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#76 : April 21, 2007, 12:04:27 AM

As I said previously Devine signed with WVU.

And yes, Rainey is going to be great at UF.  Best HS RB I have ever seen. 

I'm a Naught also, CO 98.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#77 : April 21, 2007, 12:23:53 AM

I think Rainey might be better than OJ, BUSH, and Tomlinson combined!!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#78 : April 21, 2007, 03:14:01 AM

I think Rainey might be better than OJ, BUSH, and Tomlinson combined!!

Just may be.

Glad you are excited for him!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#79 : April 21, 2007, 06:23:32 AM

but even if he does go to Prep he would still belong to WVU next year if he signs. 
Are you sure about that? Isn't that the same route that Mike Ford took?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#80 : April 21, 2007, 06:43:21 AM

but even if he does go to Prep he would still belong to WVU next year if he signs. 

I don't believe Mike Ford signed with any team did he?

Devine signed an LOI with WVU.  It could be a sign and place if he doesn't qualify but I still believe his "rights" belong to WVU and should he go anywhere else he would be subject to normal transfer rules.  Meaning he may have to sit out a year if he were to go anywhere else. 

I think there is an out if he were to go to JUCO and graduate, but not 100% sure on that.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#81 : April 21, 2007, 07:08:43 AM

Devine signed an LOI with WVU.  It could be a sign and place if he doesn't qualify but I still believe his "rights" belong to WVU and should he go anywhere else he would be subject to normal transfer rules.  Meaning he may have to sit out a year if he were to go anywhere else. 

I think there is an out if he were to go to JUCO and graduate, but not 100% sure on that.
If what I'm reading out there is correct he actually signed TWICE with Alabama. In 2005, out of high school and then again in 2006, out of prep school. Looks like if you don't qualify after signing an LOI it all goes away.... Hope USF keeps on his butt about grades. From what little I saw at the Spring Game, he will definitely be a key factor in the running game, which ws anemic last year from the rb position.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#82 : April 21, 2007, 07:15:04 AM

If what I'm reading out there is correct he actually signed TWICE with Alabama. In 2005, out of high school and then again in 2006, out of prep school. Looks like if you don't qualify after signing an LOI it all goes away.... Hope USF keeps on his butt about grades. From what little I saw at the Spring Game, he will definitely be a key factor in the running game, which ws anemic last year from the rb position.

Maybe that's right and I have some bad info, not sure.  At any rate WVU seems GREAT at getting guys qualified, so it wouldn't shock me to see him in this year. 

Either way bottom line is at worst he won't be going anywhere but JUCO/PREP/WVU for at least a year.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 21, 2007, 07:26:47 AM

Maybe that's right and I have some bad info, not sure.  At any rate WVU seems GREAT at getting guys qualified, so it wouldn't shock me to see him in this year. 

Either way bottom line is at worst he won't be going anywhere but JUCO/PREP/WVU for at least a year.
Personally, I hope he goes the Ford route. Prep school .... JUCO .... and then to a totally different conference. White and Slaton are trouble enough...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#84 : April 21, 2007, 07:35:44 AM

Personally, I hope he goes the Ford route. Prep school .... JUCO .... and then to a totally different conference. White and Slaton are trouble enough...

True.

They'll probably be gone after next year though I'd imagine.  Slaton for sure. 

WVU got Pac Man and Henry in, so they'll probably get Devine in as well.....
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: USF Fans... Are the Bulls going to pull in the biggest gamer is the country? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools