Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How long will Gruden last on the market? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 17, 2009, 07:57:30 AM

I'm glad you guys got what you wanted. You can't possibly think Raheem is a upgrade tho, and it def does not look like we have a plan at all.

Dude(i think), it doesn't seem like we've had a plan throughout the Gruden era. 7 years of band-aid application was enough. And who's to say Raheem isn't an upgrade? 57-55 won't be too hard to top.

If allen gave him talent that record would be a lot different. And I hope Raheem is a upgrade, we just have to wait and see. Like I said before I'll be a bucs fan forever but this one is just really hard to swallow for me.

Gruden is a .500 coach who wrecked the future of the team by forcing the inept Bruce Allen to smirk his way through 5 crappy offseasons. 

Go buy yet another Chucky Doll and a pallet of tissues and have yourself a good cry.

By April, you will be over Gruden and back to routing for the Bucs. 

By April the fan base that was calling for Gruden's head will be calling for Raheem's head.

Seriously, what's the over/under on how long it takes the lousy sports fans in Tampa to start calling for Raheem's termination.

The same guys that wanted Dungy gone were the guys calling for Gruden to leave and are now praising Raheem... Talk about turncoats. How long till 620 is flooded with calls bashing everything Raheem does.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 17, 2009, 08:20:53 AM

Gruden will get a job pretty soon, no doubt about it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 17, 2009, 08:24:41 AM

I'm glad you guys got what you wanted. You can't possibly think Raheem is a upgrade tho, and it def does not look like we have a plan at all.

Dude(i think), it doesn't seem like we've had a plan throughout the Gruden era. 7 years of band-aid application was enough. And who's to say Raheem isn't an upgrade? 57-55 won't be too hard to top.

If allen gave him talent that record would be a lot different. And I hope Raheem is a upgrade, we just have to wait and see. Like I said before I'll be a bucs fan forever but this one is just really hard to swallow for me.

Gruden is a .500 coach who wrecked the future of the team by forcing the inept Bruce Allen to smirk his way through 5 crappy offseasons. 

Go buy yet another Chucky Doll and a pallet of tissues and have yourself a good cry.

By April, you will be over Gruden and back to routing for the Bucs. 

By April the fan base that was calling for Gruden's head will be calling for Raheem's head.

Seriously, what's the over/under on how long it takes the lousy sports fans in Tampa to start calling for Raheem's termination.

The same guys that wanted Dungy gone were the guys calling for Gruden to leave and are now praising Raheem... Talk about turncoats. How long till 620 is flooded with calls bashing everything Raheem does.

I give it less than a year, but I think I am being too generous.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#18 : January 17, 2009, 09:57:06 AM

It's going to be an interesting year to say the least. If Gruden decides to coach this year he could end up just about anywhere that hasn't already settled on a coach. The Jets and Rams instantly come to mind, and they're probably putting there decision making process on hold right now while contacting Gruden's agent. If he doesn't coach next year it'll be his own decision.

I liked Gruden for the most part, but it was time for a change at some level, personally I would have dismissed Bruce Allen before Gruden.

My only concern now is who's going to get our offense right and who's going to get Antonio Bryant resigned?

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 31, 2012, 07:02:14 PM

I stumbled across this oldie while looking at some old Gruden posts seeing as there has been a lot of Gruden comeback talk recently. Gruden still on the market after these years, a lot of that was his choice though.

My favorite part:

My only concern now is who's going to get our offense right and who's going to get Antonio Bryant resigned?

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Sam Ram 33

Second String

#20 : December 31, 2012, 07:09:03 PM

Looks like he wants to stay with ESPN... Jon Gruden is a Offensive Guru!!!   Oh and im being sarcastic.  When he does come back it has to be a place with no QB so he can try to groom some medicore QB into being great to make himself look better.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#21 : December 31, 2012, 07:43:13 PM

Is Jon Gruden plotting NFL return?

NFL head coaching vacancies are popping up right and left. Is Jon Gruden ready to fill one of them?

The ESPN Monday Night Football analyst told teams interested in his services that he'd be willing to talk at the conclusion of the 2012 regular season, according to CBSSports' Mike Freeman.

Gruden has been in the booth since getting the boot from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after the 2008 season. He owns a 100-85 record in 11 seasons spread between the Bucs and Oakland Raiders, overseeing five playoff runs while steering Tampa Bay to a victory in Super Bowl XXXVII following the 2002 season. (Gruden's detractors will note that he brought home the championship with Tony Dungy's team after the Bucs pried him away from the Silver & Black in 2002.)

Gruden re-upped with ESPN for five years midway through the 2011 season but has been constantly linked to job openings in the NFL and major-college programs.

His work with ESPN's fictional FFCA Fired Football Coaches Association has granted him unique insight into young players, particularly quarterbacks, in recent years. Gruden experienced his greatest pro success with veterans Rich Gannon in Oakland and Brad Johnson in Tampa. However, he might have to adapt his highly detailed playbook (and famously verbose play calls) to a new breed of passers, who seem to be getting younger and more athletic by the season in a position that's clearly evolving.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/31/jon-gruden-nfl-return/1800663/

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#22 : December 31, 2012, 07:48:43 PM

I'm sure he will be able to be as completely mediocre to terrible, and as dishonest and backhanded with young, athletic QBs as he was with veterans. I laugh every time I see a fan base get excited over the possibility of this guy when he wasn't very good and has no passion for coaching.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#23 : December 31, 2012, 09:26:38 PM

I don't think he'll coach again.

As an aside. Is Curt still around even if he morphed into another handle?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

NovaBuc

Starter

#24 : December 31, 2012, 09:35:49 PM

If he comes back, my guess is with San Diego or Philly. Dark horse candidate would be Arizona because of Fitzgerald and the opportunity to bring in 'his' QB. I think he stays in the booth though, he seems genuinely happy there. I think he'd go to the college ranks for the right job.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#25 : December 31, 2012, 10:06:47 PM

I'm sure he will be able to be as completely mediocre to terrible, and as dishonest and backhanded with young, athletic QBs as he was with veterans. I laugh every time I see a fan base get excited over the possibility of this guy when he wasn't very good and has no passion for coaching.

Moronic post.   But then again, that's your norm.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 31, 2012, 10:37:10 PM

3 years is a looooooooong time to be "On the market."

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 31, 2012, 11:11:54 PM

He will be on the market until just after he decides he would like to be a HC again. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 31, 2012, 11:22:55 PM

He will get serious interest and will be on the market until he picks the job that he likes best.

Turn the page.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How long will Gruden last on the market? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools