Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What anniversary is today? « previous next »
Page: 1

foxfire

Second String

: January 26, 2009, 07:46:01 AM

The best one of all for Buc fans. Today is the anniversary of the crushing of the Oakland Raiders to win Super Bowl XXXVII and the Lombardi Trophy. Altho a week ago, the anniversary of our trashing of the Iggles was pretty damn special, too. Time to get out the dvd. Happy watching!   ;D

The Q

Pro Bowler

#1 : January 26, 2009, 11:06:11 AM

Happy Anniversary to the greatest day in Tampa Bay Sports History!

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#2 : January 26, 2009, 11:10:46 AM

that could be debatable.....maybe the 04 Lightning or even the 08 Rays could get a vote for this...just sayin'

foxfire

Second String

#3 : January 26, 2009, 11:23:57 AM

that could be debatable.....maybe the 04 Lightning or even the 08 Rays could get a vote for this...just sayin'
World Series champs this year!

BucNasty24

Second String

#4 : January 26, 2009, 11:33:04 AM

Not really....the 02 Bucs were the best moment in Tampa Bay Sports History by far.  Especially since the Bucs had been around since 76 and sucked for so long.  The Rays were a great story, but they didn't come out on top.  And honestly, the Lightning aren't as relevant because the NHL is nowhere near as big.

The Bucs had been a solid team since 97, and we were so close in 99.  Not only that, but the 2002 Bucs were one of the better defenses of all-time.  And our showing in the Super Bowl really solidified it as the best moment.  Although I agree...beating the Eagles is a close second.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 26, 2009, 11:33:18 AM

The Lightning's popularity is comparable to that of the Bucs?

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#6 : January 26, 2009, 11:37:55 AM

Not really....the 02 Bucs were the best moment in Tampa Bay Sports History by far.  Especially since the Bucs had been around since 76 and sucked for so long.  The Rays were a great story, but they didn't come out on top.  And honestly, the Lightning aren't as relevant because the NHL is nowhere near as big.

The Bucs had been a solid team since 97, and we were so close in 99.  Not only that, but the 2002 Bucs were one of the better defenses of all-time.  And our showing in the Super Bowl really solidified it as the best moment.  Although I agree...beating the Eagles is a close second.

i understand all that, but there are fans of the Lightning that don't watch football what-so-ever that would say the Stanley Cup is the most coveted trophy in all of sports, some fans only watch baseball and would say what the Rays did for the Tampa/St. Pete area is the most accomplished feat for this town...its all in opinion, as i am a huge fan for the Lightning and Bucs i will not say that one is better then the other, i'm just glad i was able to see my 2 fav teams all time win a championship in my lifetime......nothing can beat those memories, unless maybe we have a repeat ;)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 26, 2009, 11:41:23 AM

greatest days in tampa sports:

1) bucs win SB 37
2) bucs win NFC Championship
3) Bolts win game 7 of the stanley cup

tough to put the rays up there because there was no one "great day".....the stanley  cup run and the rays postseason were GREAT rides, but doesn't compare to the one chance winner-take-all environments the bucs were up against. add in the magnitude of the demons being exorcised, the fact that the superbowl is the highest profile championship in the world, and it was this area's first trophy, and it's no contest

BucNasty24

Second String

#8 : January 26, 2009, 11:55:30 AM

i understand all that, but there are fans of the Lightning that don't watch football what-so-ever that would say the Stanley Cup is the most coveted trophy in all of sports, some fans only watch baseball and would say what the Rays did for the Tampa/St. Pete area is the most accomplished feat for this town...its all in opinion, as i am a huge fan for the Lightning and Bucs i will not say that one is better then the other, i'm just glad i was able to see my 2 fav teams all time win a championship in my lifetime......nothing can beat those memories, unless maybe we have a repeat ;)

Fair enough...and maybe its a close call for YOUR favorite moments in TB sports history.  But overall its really not close at all.  The super bowl is the most watched single day event in the world, and we dominated.  That has to be the best moment.  I agree with your list Pick6, but I would probably add the Rays winning the ALCS at #4

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 26, 2009, 12:28:36 PM

rays winning the ALCS was an awesome day for me, i tailgated at the bucs' MNF game, watched the bucs trounce the seahawks (kinda bittersweet now after the collapse), and then got to watch the rays eliminate the red sox on the RJS jumbotron....definitely my personal #4, would even be my personal #3 if i hadn't been hanging out in the ice palace courtyard having a ball during game 7 of the stanley cup....triumphant lightning fans streaming out of the arena to join the party....my only championship experience in person

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#10 : January 26, 2009, 12:46:10 PM

#3 if i hadn't been hanging out in the ice palace courtyard having a ball during game 7 of the stanley cup....triumphant lightning fans streaming out of the arena to join the party....my only championship experience in person

i went to Game 2 and was down in the courtyard as well for game 7, that was an AWESOME experience

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 26, 2009, 12:51:42 PM

Was watching the Super Bowl show yesterday on NFL Network. Still get the chills watching the Bucs win a Super Bowl!
And to make the day even better (for me anyways), it's Eddie Van Halen's birthday! :)

foxfire

Second String

#12 : January 26, 2009, 12:52:10 PM

Some of us watch all 3--Bucs, Lightning, and Rays. A baseball team to contend and win like they did is awesome. Can't wait for spring training! 2 down and 1 to go! This year the world series!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What anniversary is today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools